Today is the day (10/14/08) the Grand Jury Meets! # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Grand Jury witnesses will be instructed that they are not free to discuss the proceedings, at this juncture. Everyone will be told that, including the Grand Jury themselves.
The Supreme Court case that has been posted, did nothing to change that policy., except that the state cannot impose that ban on speech indefinitely or permanently. But for now the ban on talking is in place. :shutup:

Under Florida law, violation of that policy is made a felony crime.:blowkiss:
What does indefinitely mean? Somewhere down the line? Anytime soon?

My understanding is that the JURORS cannot speak about anything that happens in the proceedings (witnesses, votes, etc.); but after appearing before the Grand Jury, the WITNESSES called are free to speak about their testimony. though obviously some of these witnesses (most importantly LE) would likely not speak about what they said. hth.

:crazy: I need to learn how to read! Hard to do with a toddler climbing on my head.

Did CA haul KC over to JB's office? Did she stay or go home?

11:15 a.m. Cindy Anthony returns to Baez’s office carrying in with her framed 8x10 pictures of Caylee

From Myfoxorlando.com
10:15 a.m. Casey Anthony leaves her home
VIDEO: Casey Anthony leaves home

10:28 a.m. George Anthony still testifying

10:40 a.m. George Anthony finishes testifying and leaves court.
VIDEO: George Anthony leaves court

10:51 K9 Officer Orange County Sheriff's Deputy Jason Forgey called to testify before grand jury. His dog detected the scent of human decomposition in the Casey Anthony's car trunk

10:52 Cindy Anthony drops Casey off at Jose Baez's office in Kissimmee and leaves
VIDEO: Casey Anthony arrives at attorney's office

11:15 a.m. Cindy Anthony returns to Baez’s office carrying in with her framed 8x10 pictures of Caylee

11:40 a.m. Jason Forgey, the Orange County Sheriff's deputy who is in the K-9 division finished testifying.

11:55 a.m. Grand Jury convenes for lunch.

See, I don't believe that. I think she's fully aware of what she did.

OH don't get me wrong so do I..but I believe as time has gone on she has started to really believe her story. I bet she would pass the lie detector b/c she has herself physchologically enthralled.

12:58 p.m. Casey Anthony's attorney Jose Baez announced a few moments ago that he will hold a short press conference with his client outside of his Kissimmee office.

The press conference will start at 1:30 p.m.

Yuri did ask that CA bring them in and made some joke about not in a brown paper bag (which I didn't get). But...do we really believe that CA didn't go out and buy a new pair to wash before doing that?!

Why not? Look how long she wore the infamous sunglasses. The girl has no conscience...

If KC is indicted and LE is to offer a deal my guess would be they will take the DP off the table if she leads them to Caylee's body. JMHO

I can see this happening as well. I don't see Casey accepting this deal though, since she will have to admit guilt. Once she's convicted, it'll kinda be, game over. So, there may be a chance of her coming clean at that point. Notice, the keyword = may. With Casey, I don't think any of us can't begin to understand her thought process.

Baez will make statement at 1:30 p.m. with Casey
12:58 p.m. Casey Anthony's attorney Jose Baez announced a few moments ago that he will hold a short press conference with his client outside of his Kissimmee office.

George cannot tell Cindy anything that happened today..this from the press:

Is the grand jury open to the public?

No. What happens before a grand jury is secret. By law, witnesses, jurors and prosecutors are not allowed to talk about testimony. If they do, they may be held in contempt of court.

So if miss mouth blabs about anything she hears from George they can get George for contempt???..I feel for him, I would get on the next fight to Mexico :woohoo:

Yeah, I think GA should just stay at NeJames place until the GJ reaches a deicision.

Cindy will be grilling GA for info without a thought for GA's welfare. :mad:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey-anthony101408,0,6776908.story

Wonder what about????

Why did Cindy return with framed pictures of Caylee???

Cindy has a JCP card....and donated money....buy KC some pants that fit.

And which dressing room would you like her to try them on in? LOL I am sorry, I just fluctuate in weight 10 pounds here and there and I have "fat pants" as I call them. She wears her clothes so tight as it is, I don't really think she had any wiggle room in the other ones. If these have any stretch to them, I think that might be why she has them on.

Another thing I am confused about. Cindy said in her interview that no one could tell her that they knew 100% Caylee is dead. Is there really such a thing as 100% when they are doing scientific studies? I mean, JG wasn't the father by 99.7% or something like that. Does that mean because it wasn't 100%, he is still the father? I just don't see any test results ever issued using the term 100%. If they had the body, sure, but not test results. Could it be that they are 99% sure and she is just holding onto that 1%? Their attorney has used that 1% before on NG. Maybe that's what he is referring to?

It's just an observation but maybe we are reading too much into this. I think it's obvious she has gained weight while at home. Perhaps these are the only clothes that fit her comfortably?

She's dressed conservatively for a reason. I wonder why she left the house today. I wouldn't have. :waitasec:
(then again,i wouldn't have done anything she's done).

If the pants ARE the same (i'd bet LE has them though), maybe she wore them to say "Look, here are the pants, no stains, no smell." (?just a thought).

(I do think she has gained some weight and I am not going to comment on that because even with the added weight, I'd still love to be a size 5 or whatever she is. She is by no means a "fat @$$" as some have called her, and I don't even think the added weight looks bad. (as far as that goes.)

George cannot tell Cindy anything that happened today..this from the press:

Is the grand jury open to the public?

No. What happens before a grand jury is secret. By law, witnesses, jurors and prosecutors are not allowed to talk about testimony. If they do, they may be held in contempt of court.

So if miss mouth blabs about anything she hears from George they can get George for contempt???..I feel for him, I would get on the next fight to Mexico :woohoo:

The press doesn't seem to have much experience with grand juries. This is from the Florida Bar Association's Media Handbook, section on grand juries. Read more details at the link. Bolding is mine. Note this applies after the grand jury completes its investigation:

Florida Statutes Section 905.27(2007) prohibits grand jurors, state attorneys and all other court personnel from disclosing to anyone, except under certain narrowly-specified circumstances, the testimony of a witness examined before the grand jury or other evidence received by it. The statute declares it unlawful:

for any person knowingly to publish, broadcast, disclose, divulge, or communicate to any other person, . . . in any manner whatsoever, any testimony of a witness examined before the grand jury, or the content, gist, or import thereof, except when such testimony is or has been disclosed in a court proceeding.18

In effect, the statute attempts to prevent the press and grand jury witnesses from forever publishing truthful information concerning merely the gist of a grand jury witness' testimony. The United States Supreme Court, however, deemed this statute unconstitutional insofar as it applied to witnesses speaking about the nature of their own grand jury testimony after the investigation has been completed.19 Florida Statutes Section 905.27 (2007), no longer should impede state grand jury witnesses from discussing with reporters their grand jury testimony, especially once the grand jury proceeding has concluded.

http://www.floridabar.org/DIVCOM/PI...badd5b4fce22d788852569cb004cc254?OpenDocument

OH don't get me wrong so do I..but I believe as time has gone on she has started to really believe her story. I bet she would pass the lie detector b/c she has herself physchologically enthralled.

Well, she's got so many conflicting "stories" out there, it would be easy to trip her up, since she'd have to actually pick one and stick with it.
That FBI guy said even though polygraphs aren't admissable in court, they're still about 95-98% accurate. That would be enough to remove any reasonable doubt for me!

“All we can say is that George Anthony answered all questions directly and honestly and did what no human being could be prepared to do.” He added that if an indictment is handed up, he will comment.

Ya know...there's something about the way that is worded that is creeping me out.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey-anthony101408,0,6776908.story

Wonder what about????

Maybe KC is going to announce she will be running against the States Attorney in the next election? Or....what a HUGE WASTE the GJ is? Maybe announce their engagement? :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member