Todd Kohlhepp - Breaking News / Latest Developments

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting assessment Kadoober. I think you may be onto something with the cluster posts. Being in real estate he could post from an open house or while waiting in his car for a client to show a house. He could always be in a different location and maybe he never posted to fb from his home or office at all. I wonder if it's possible for LE to match up any post locations with his real estate schedule/listing locations? I'm not sure I agree he wanted to be caught though. He had complaints against him for his disturbing facebook postings going back to Aug 2009: http://www.goupstate.com/news/20161...ints-against-todd-kohlhepp-never-investigated

He had been getting away with posting disturbing things online for at least 7 YEARS and he was not investigated--and that is just what we know was posted under his name and attached to his real estate business. Your awesome timeline with screen shots can only go back so far because it seems he deleted that 2009 fb account. I shudder to think how many message boards he might have anonymously posted on. I think he grew too egotistical and thought he would never be caught. JMO.
It's also very possible he drove to specific locations to post from the phone for no other purpose than to throw them off the trail. Have some time to kill.....drive across town (or across the county) and make a few posts. Drive home, kick back and relax while the police are looking way far away from you.

It's also very possible he drove to specific locations to post from the phone for no other purpose than to throw them off the trail. Have some time to kill.....drive across town (or across the county) and make a few posts. Drive home, kick back and relax while the police are looking way far away from you.

That's true. Realtors set their own schedules. He could have posted from anywhere.

I just saw this today:
[h=3]Does suspected serial killer Kohlhepp qualify for public defender?[/h]
WOODRUFF, SC (FOX Carolina) - A motion has been filed to determine if suspected serial killer Todd Kohlhepp is financially able to afford his own attorney.

Kohlhepp, charged with seven counts of murder and two counts of kidnapping, was earlier rejected by the Public Defender's Office because he reported owning property.

The motion seeks to determine if Kohlhepp's assets exceed an amount qualifying him for a public defender. According to the motion, South Carolina law states that a judge has the right to determine if a person is in need of appointed representation, not just based on financial assets, but other facts of the case.

Read more and see the legal document at link: http://www.wbtv.com/story/33998720/does-suspected-serial-killer-kohlhepp-qualify-for-public-defender

Could be moonshine...it's popular down in that neck of the woods...

Yeah, we're all Dukes of Hazzard down here.
We actually have legal distilleries here now. Not much profit in moonshining.
Might do it for fun.

I'm not so sure TK was the one on CDC's FB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I toss this idea around from time to time, and I have to say, if true, NN would be the only other candidate I can think of. And so if, she is certifiable. It seems WAY TO OBVIOUS to me.
Plus, I can't get past the coincidence of the Hotel California reference, and references to digging holes in the yard.

If it turns out all of that was her, she needs some serious help.

I'm sorry , I'm trying to keep up best I can. I thought I was doing pretty good , but I may have missed this
Is he not defending himself now ?

Have we heard for sure where they found CDC's phone? Seems we just have info that there were "allegations" of illegal activity on CDC's phone but while he was classified as missing we didn't know where his phone was located or if it was found. I'm having a hard time understanding why NN would ask the phone company for pings on her husband's phone if she had the phone in her possession all along. I know there was some speculation she was working with TK and checking to see what LE might have been able to find out. It just doesn't make much sense to me. JMO.

I'm sorry , I'm trying to keep up best I can. I thought I was doing pretty good , but I may have missed this
Is he not defending himself now ?

IIRC, he asked for a public defender not long after arrest. His mom even talked about hoping he got a good attorney to keep him off death row. He was without a lawyer for his first couple court appearances and I think some news sources took that as speculation he would defend himself and ran with it. Here is the oldest article I can find (from Nov 15) that identifies his attorneys:
Kohlhepp is currently being represented by Shane Goranson, an attorney with the South Carolina Commission on Indigent Defense, who is heading up, along with Boyd Young, Kohlhepp's legal team.
http://www.rollingstone.com/culture...-accused-south-carolina-serial-killer-w450197

Sorry, I know Rolling Stone is not the best source but it was in local news around the time of the RS article--I just can't find the local articles now. He has had attorneys for several weeks.

I toss this idea around from time to time, and I have to say, if true, NN would be the only other candidate I can think of. And so if, she is certifiable. It seems WAY TO OBVIOUS to me.
Plus, I can't get past the coincidence of the Hotel California reference, and references to digging holes in the yard.

If it turns out all of that was her, she needs some serious help.

I can't see it being NN without concluding she was in some form of collusion with TK and I honestly can't believe TK would trust her to not rat him out while they simultaneously made fb posts that made her look responsible for CDC and KB going missing. There was a social media lynch mob after NN and if she knew where CDC was I think she would have told. She may have said she didn't care where he was but, IMO, that indicated she was ANGRY at first at CDC for going missing with KB. She thought they were playing around and off someplace having fun and laughing at her. If she was involved with TK and playing along with some kind of sick game TK was playing on fb...well it doesn't reflect well on her intelligence and even if she thought it was a joke it would not make sense for her to carry it on so long. JMO.

I can't see it being NN without concluding she was in some form of collusion with TK and I honestly can't believe TK would trust her to not rat him out while they simultaneously made fb posts that made her look responsible for CDC and KB going missing. There was a social media lynch mob after NN and if she knew where CDC was I think she would have told. She may have said she didn't care where he was but, IMO, that indicated she was ANGRY at first at CDC for going missing with KB. She thought they were playing around and off someplace having fun and laughing at her. If she was involved with TK and playing along with some kind of sick game TK was playing on fb...well it doesn't reflect well on her intelligence and even if she thought it was a joke it would not make sense for her to carry it on so long. JMO.

Agreed.

The amount of cash he would need to have for a capital murder case defense is in the several million dollar range. The State will pay for a good defense attorney so he doesn't lose his attorney half way through the trials due to payment issues which would then cause mistrials, etc. There is no way he was allowed to transfer more than a few thousand dollars, IMO. This article details why he may be eligible for a public defender.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/crime/2016/11/29/todd-kohlhepp-south-carolina/94617714/

In the article at this link, it states "He’s also under investigation in Arizona, where he “admitted to shooting somebody,” an investigator told the former wife of one of Kohlhepp’s alleged victims."

This article also links to another article which discusses Tempe, Arizona. I didnt realize he had admitted to anything in Arizona even though it has been discussed as a possiblity here

NN isn't TK's type romantically but would he use her to carry out whatever it was he was doing? Who knows. I don't think he's ever trusted anyone so why trust NN? She's doesn't seem very cerebral and is way younger than TK, who doesn't like women. I can't see them planning a crime together. Would NN even know the words to Hotel California? Maybe she loves the Eagles. NN was probably hurt, angry and jealous of CC and KB but would she risk the rest of her life for revenge? I think TK absolutely had help but not from a young woman who could sell him out at the drop of a hat.

NN isn't TK's type romantically but would he use her to carry out whatever it was he was doing? Who knows. I don't think he's ever trusted anyone so why trust NN? She's doesn't seem very cerebral and is way younger than TK, who doesn't like women. I can't see them planning a crime together. Would NN even know the words to Hotel California? Maybe she loves the Eagles. NN was probably hurt, angry and jealous of CC and KB but would she risk the rest of her life for revenge? I think TK absolutely had help but not from a young woman who could sell him out at the drop of a hat.
I feel like NN acted questionable during a difficult time for her. Divorce husband missing, loss of KB friendship/support. I do not feel like TK has involved anyone in the large scheme of his crimes, ie kidnapping. I feel like something was going on out there that others were involved in, but did not know KB was not a willing participant. I feel like someone might have noticed a change in KB disposition, or KB let someone know she was not there by her own choice. Perhaps TK used Charlies phone to commit a crime .... JMO

There is a new civil case filing pending against TK, per the Spartanburg county records. There is another defendant (not RT), and I am not familiar with the person filing the suit.
I'm throwing this out there, just in case someone recognizes the other names :)

Oooooooooo!!!
It is noted in all three of the requests for injunctions filed that the power of attorney request was improperly notarized and may be null and void.
On the very last page of the power of attorney doc there is an area for signature of the witness, and it appears to have been signed by TK instead. Whoops.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7yYdl7cBjK8bnlYU01DSEJVb2s

Thank you Tara!
Do you know, is questioning the validity of the POA standard when asking for a temporary injunction? All three mentioned it, with very similar wording.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

There is a new civil case filing pending against TK, per the Spartanburg county records. There is another defendant (not RT), and I am not familiar with the person filing the suit.
I'm throwing this out there, just in case someone recognizes the other names :)

Interesting! I don't recognize the other names but the co-defendant is a CPA. Maybe the Plaintiff is a former real estate client or employee of TK? Could they be alleging there was some discrepancies in his bookkeeping?

Interesting! I don't recognize the other names but the co-defendant is a CPA. Maybe the Plaintiff is a former real estate client or employee of TK? Could they be alleging there was some discrepancies in his bookkeeping?
I do wonder. Plaintiff came into her current property mid-October. It was listed by a different realtor, buy maybe TK was hers?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member