Tracy M. (girl from Leonard P. team who lived with the Anthony's) Speaks out

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I heard that the reason Tracey wasn't put on the stand is because she lacks credibility.

I don't know how accurate this is but it's my understanding that not only did she send Casey money in jail, she sent her loving letters, how much she admired her and telling Casey how much she supported her.

The defense would have had a field day with that. It's really too bad because the things she said on Dr Drew, if true, shows the real casey.
JMHO

There is also a younger private detective who worked with her. He did an interview with one of the HLN shows a couple of weeks ago and he said Tracy told him that the sliding glass door at the Anthony's house was always left slightly open so the dogs could go in and out. So the picture of Caylee "opening" the sliding glass door was probably just Caylee grabbing the handle of the door which was already open.

I posted about the interview in sidebar thread. I really thought she was believable. Casey putting stickers on her knees and playing in her room. Something is seriously wrong with casey. a woman in a childs body is what she said. yikes!

I thought she was believable too.

It sounds like there is something more wrong with Casey than just evil/sociopath, etc.

It's scary yet sad at the same time.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g1jERNBzlg"]YouTube - ‪p1/4 - Michelle Murphy Police Interview - Casey / Caylee Marie Anthony Homicide Case‬‏[/ame]

Here is the Michelle interviews. Part 2 and 3 describe Casey wanting to commit herself (I can't believe they didn't get this in on the stand) and part 2 relays how many friends didn't believe she really had a job. The state really needed to spoon feed this jury and not worry about credibility as much in retrospect.

JVM is making some great points the last week or so saying the state needed to get their hands dirty so to speak, to compete with Baez's 3 ring circus theories. This jury didn't understand a circumstantial evidence case in the least.

I agree, listening to her tonight I thought it was some of the most powerful testimony the prosecution could have used and am so sad they didn't put her on the stand.

Anyone including this jury who gets nervous in front of cameras or even behind them could easily understand the nervous laughter. In my opinion it just makes her that much more "real" and credible. She isn't putting on a show, just coming forward with what she saw even if it does make her nervous.

ETA: This was the first testimony I heard of Caseys infantile behaviour, to the point of asking Tracy to wear a wristwatch around her ankle just like Casey had to wear a "bracelet" on her ankle. Also the points of the baby books and smiling when Tracy told her "we will never find Caylee will we?"...

The saddest thing the jurors DIDN'T hear was the argument between GA and ICA on the first morning, where GA was demanding to know where Caylee was and KC telling him to quit acting like a cop.. THAT alone could have turned the whole verdict from what we are hearing from the jurors who are talking.

ETA AGAIN;; I also think Tracy's theory makes the most sense... the duct tape was added when she went home and backed the car into the garage.. it was an "afterthought" To make the chloroform accident look like a kidnapping. The only part I don't agree with is that the body was in a bag in the trunk the whole time.

I truly think the body was placed in the car after the chlorofoming and then when KC realized she had made an "oops" the body stayed there for a couple of days and then started smelling.. At that point, she backed into the garage (this was withing 3 days) borrowed the shovel, used the shovel to remove the body from the trunk and place it into the bags..

She cleaned the shovel off in the backyard before returning it to the neighbor.. (decomp in the backyard).. yet still kept the body in bags in the trunk until the gas can incident which scared her enough to dump the body.

I can't believe I'm actually discussing theory again, but here goes: I don't think the duct tape was an afterthought and put on to make it look like a kidnapping, because it had the heart shaped sticker on it. I believe what prosecutors said... the duct tape was applied so the child would never breathe again.

I too liked the interview with Dr. Drew/Tracy.....the snippet that I saw.
I am only able to see snippets of Dr. Drew's shows on his web site.
They only give maybe 9 - 10 minutes of each show.
Is there somewhere I can watch the complete show?

The only thing is Dr. Drew didn't ask TM about overhearing that KC said she had used the shovel to fetch the ladder out of the pool.

Also, Dr. Drew didn't ask TM why in the world she would allow herself to dress up as if she were KC in order to mislead
the media and public that it was KC that was going into Baez's office when it was really TM.

The interview was one sided and didn't touch on any of TM's bad decisions. Afterall, she could have refused to participate in KC's childish games.
No one seems willing to set a good example in front of KC and put her in her place. KC must have special powers! :crazy:

wouldn't whatever she would say on the stand be hearsay?

and yet a dr cant find anything wrong with her ..go figure

well, it was more that they found that she was competent to stand trial (even people who manifest as WAY more insane than KC, like andrea yates, have been found competent and even denied an insanity defense). she was evaluated, but the defense did not want the state's professionals to evaluate her. IMO there certainly is SOMETHING wrong with her. even if she somehow was innocent of this entire thing (which i HIGHLY doubt), something is wrong with her. but whatever it is, she still 1) was not legally insane/not considered unable to differentiate right & wrong and 2) was considered competent in her own defense. this does not mean there was nothing wrong with her.

If half of what Tracy says is true, then any candid interviews with Casey will be a freak show. Apparently she is retarded in some way - mental age of 10? The closest parallel to her behavior that I have seen would be emotionally disturbed girls from elementary or junior high school. Somebody must know her well enough to tell the world what has been going on. I hope they start coming forward.

I remember watching the jury selection when Ann Finnell was going over possible mitigating factors for the penalty phase and asked the potential jurors if they could consider some factors such as Casey's young age, mercy, etc. One of the factors she mentioned was underdeveloped brain. I remember thinking, would that just be because of her young age or could Casey possibly have some neurological issue?

Please. If Casey had some "neurological issues" I have no doubt her lawyer would have brought that up. And Tracy never said Casey was "retarded." Just immature and childish. There are plenty of people who act immature and childish, and it doesn't indicate anything about their mental capacities.

I remember watching the jury selection when Ann Finnell was going over possible mitigating factors for the penalty phase and asked the potential jurors if they could consider some factors such as Casey's young age, mercy, etc. One of the factors she mentioned was underdeveloped brain. I remember thinking, would that just be because of her young age or could Casey possibly have some neurological issue?

Thanks, I didn't know about the underdeveloped brain questions. I am not suggesting that she is not culpable for her actions, just that she may be so severely out of touch that it could explain a few things. I also thinks this blows her future media career out of the water. I know Hollywood types are different, but not this different.

The DT had ICA seen by 2 doctors for the mitigation phase.At the last minute they them both added for the guilt phase. In order to allow it the State would get to depose them .The DT fought it and lost. During one of the depos JB called HH and got it stopped,then withdrew both drs from the defense witness list .The State then added both drs,but never called them.Obviously under questioning the drs had something to say that would not help ICA.

Aha the Tracy Mclaughlin interviews; I listen to all eight parts about two weeks ago. The one part that stuck with me was not covered in the Diane Dimond article. In one occasion Tracy described that she and KC were in the kitchen with Cindy. Tracy stated that she pretended to be playing with her phone, ie: perhaps texting, and that KC and Cindy were speaking about the now infamous shovel. KC stated that she had borrowed the shovel to dig out bamboo roots....then sarcastically said "Hello". She went on to tell Cindy that she had also used the shovel to move the ladder out of the pool (and I'm paraphrasing here). Tracy stated that Cindy proceeded to give her the "shut up" look and that George walked into get a glass out of the cabinet and he was just shaking his head. Don't know what to make of this but this is what stuck with me from that interview.

Me too! Shovel? The Anthonys knew about Casey borrowing the shovel? Why did they think she had borrowed the shovel, surely not to remove a bamboo shoot or two...
Also, was it to Tracy that ICA said "they haven't even found her clothes yet"? That was weird too. What clothes?

There is also a younger private detective who worked with her. He did an interview with one of the HLN shows a couple of weeks ago and he said Tracy told him that the sliding glass door at the Anthony's house was always left slightly open so the dogs could go in and out. So the picture of Caylee "opening" the sliding glass door was probably just Caylee grabbing the handle of the door which was already open.

I can agree with that. My sister used to do that until she got a doggie door insert for her sliding glass door. I never saw one until she got it.

YouTube - ‪p1/8 - Tracy Mclaughlin Police Interview - Worked with Leonard Padilla (Casey Anthony)‬‏

Here is the LE interviews. In part 3 she mentions WS as being losers lol and people who leave comments surmise she sounds to be overweight by her voice when she is actually tiny and attractive.

I really wish they would have used her and another girl named Michelle who pops up in interviews when you find Tracy's. Even if there was some credibility issues sounds like this jury needed to be spoon fed.

I thought Tracy came across as very convincing and honest on Dr. Drew.

Since Tracy was attached to LP I really think there were some questions into what her motives were to be still writing and sending money to KC. Knowing KC should not be writing letters back to anyone what did Tracy hope to accomplish. Friendship. Would friends be on talk shows now talking up a storm? Was there some hope that maybe, just maybe KC may have written to her in the same fashion as the "Cookie" letters because Tracy knew she was capable of it? Sorry, I believe SA did right by not using her. LP cannot let go of this case and Tracy worked for him. Given the business they are in it should have been just a business encounter and that's it. jmo

I wonder why they Cindy didn't bring that up at trial :waitasec:

Me too! Shovel? The Anthonys knew about Casey borrowing the shovel? Why did they think she had borrowed the shovel, surely not to remove a bamboo shoot or two...
Also, was it to Tracy that ICA said "they haven't even found her clothes yet"? That was weird too. What clothes?

The clothes comment was made to Tracey and Rob Dick. That has really been bothering me lately. From what we know the clothes Caylee was found in came from Casey's trunk. Why did she need to be changed? Where are the clothes GA saw her in?

The clothes comment was made to Tracey and Rob Dick. That has really been bothering me lately. From what we know the clothes Caylee was found in came from Casey's trunk. Why did she need to be changed? Where are the clothes GA saw her in?

O/T, but another thing that bothers me is the carpet stain in Caylee's (or was it Casey's?) room that CA talked about in a letter to ICA. CA said she got the stain out, that it smelled because it was wet so long. I'm going to try to reread that letter. It seemed like a way to let ICA know that CA had hidden something incriminating. Anyone else remember what I'm talking about?

ETA: Letter to ICA from CA

I don’t know if Jeanine told you about the water pipe that broke Fri. We had water from the pipe outside of Caylee’s room leak into her room, mostly into her play corner---carpet was soaked and walls were damp. Everything is drying out but the carpet smells bad.
( I better watch how I describe it, they may come and take it into discovery !) It’s amazing how even clean water can smell rancid after it sits for awhile!
Fortunately, one of our church friends was able to come out and fix the broken pipe. I hated it was Caylee’s room, but at least nothing was ruined.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onus
Back