Travis Alexander and Jodi Arias - What do you believe?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Chanler for putting together the timeline for the last few hours of his life. From this timeline he certainly doesn't seem concerned that she is going to kill him, especially that in the middle of it, he's sending e-mails. I wonder if the email somehow set her off - maybe to the girl that he was going away with, or it could very well just have been work related. Who knows, maybe they dowloaded the pictures together and sent them to her personal e-mail account.

I see your point about the Pyscho shower scene, and obviously it didn't go off as planned. I don't know anything about guns, though I do recall she owned a 9mm that went missing (according to her- though if I was a betting person, she likely had a .25 caliber and she lied to throw suspicion off her), he was shot with a .25 caliber. Being stabbed 27 times certainly shows anger, in my opinion, yet she was able to calmly drive away (that's just my opinion - who knows how she really was that day), which is why I'd love to hear from the guy she was going to see, was she calm, excited, jumpy??

The camera is definitely very confusing, did she put it there purposely with the hopes of destroying it, or was it tangled up in something. Also, why wouldn't she have washed the sheets and other articles of clothing together. She was in the house and waited until the sheets at least were finished being washed so that she could put them into the dryer...the more I think about it, the more she freaks me out, trying to be methodical and cleaning up evidence, though doing a poor job of it, since she didn't wipe down the handprint (though she may not have seen that). I can't get a grasp now whether it was an impulse murder or if she had it all planned out in her head.

Hi, Nobodyzgirl, you cover a lot of interesting ground here. With the washing question, my thought was that Jodi washed and dried the sheets (which probably to a woman's standards were gross) earlier, perhaps while Travis was checking his emails or preparing for the phone conference that he didn't live to participate in.

If Jodi was using the camera as a relaxing ploy before she shot Travis, she might have dropped it on the floor after she produced the gun. It seems that she tried to clean up the bathroom scene at least somewhat. Perhaps she just scooped up the camera accidentally or half consciously when she was trying to dispose of bloodied clothes or towels.

It occurs to me that people claimed that Jodi snooped on Travis. If that's true, it's possible that a message or messages on his cell phone, perhaps from his trip date, ignited her fuse and changed a stopover with benefits into a killing field.

I agree Chanler, her emotional state, the ugly reality and the thought that at any moment one of the roomates could arrive home, probably contributed to the evidence she neglected to clean-up at the crime scene. Saw another pre-trial conference is set for July 15, maybe we'll see some new details.

Hi, Knox. I hadn't thought about the roommates, but, according to something I read, they were seldom home. Of course, she might have been worried about neighbors hearing sounds of the struggle or screams.

Snipped; NBG's post
"maybe to the girl that he was going away with, or it could very well just have been work related. Who knows, maybe they dowloaded the pictures together and sent them to her personal e-mail account."
In the probable cause statement, the girl he was scheduled to take the trip with on June 10th, said she had not been able to get ahold of him over the phone since the week of June 1st. He was found on the 9th at 10:00 PM, kind of strange that no one felt a sense of urgency to check on him earlier?

"which is why I'd love to hear from the guy she was going to see, was she calm, excited, jumpy?? "

I had not heard she was meeting up with a guy, just that she attended a conference?

Does anyone know if the knife was found at the crime scene? (I'm assuming it was a knife) I'm wondering if she brought both a gun and knife with her? Or was it one of Travis' knifes (say from his kitchen) that was used? One possibility is that she shot Travis and to her surprise it didn't kill him, so she ran down stairs and grabbed a knife to finish him off. However, if she brought both a gun and a knife with her, IMO that only strengthens the case of premeditation and her intent to not only kill him but torture him as well.

I'm also wondering about her cell phone usage. I know she said it powered down. Did she conveniently shut it off before she reached the Arizona border? So that her cell phone records would show that her cell never pinged off towers in Arizona. If this is the case, I think that also shows premeditation.

Does anyone know if the knife was found at the crime scene? (I'm assuming it was a knife) I'm wondering if she brought both a gun and knife with her? Or was it one of Travis' knifes (say from his kitchen) that was used? One possibility is that she shot Travis and to her surprise it didn't kill him, so she ran down stairs and grabbed a knife to finish him off. However, if she brought both a gun and a knife with her, IMO that only strengthens the case of premeditation and her intent to not only kill him but torture him as well.

I'm also wondering about her cell phone usage. I know she said it powered down. Did she conveniently shut it off before she reached the Arizona border? So that her cell phone records would show that her cell never pinged off towers in Arizona. If this is the case, I think that also shows premeditation.

Hi, Indianagirl. I have seen no indication that a knife was found. The police statement linked above mentions other items, but no gun or bloody knife.

It does seem like there was an eventful struggle: Only one bullet was shot. Perhaps the gun jammed or was knocked from Jodi's grasp. If Jodi had only hand cuts, it might indicate that Travis was attempting to subdue her or grab the weapon, not kill her or knock her out. He was obviously caught at first unawares: Nobody takes a shower when they think they're in the presence of a killer.

Funny how we all have the same opinions of Ms. Arias' body language -
eyes for lies dot blogspot dot com

Towards the bottom of the page on the left side, names are in alpha order.

There was something mentioned about her cell phone which indicated it had a GPS feature ...

Snipped; NBG's post
"maybe to the girl that he was going away with, or it could very well just have been work related. Who knows, maybe they dowloaded the pictures together and sent them to her personal e-mail account."
In the probable cause statement, the girl he was scheduled to take the trip with on June 10th, said she had not been able to get ahold of him over the phone since the week of June 1st. He was found on the 9th at 10:00 PM, kind of strange that no one felt a sense of urgency to check on him earlier?

"which is why I'd love to hear from the guy she was going to see, was she calm, excited, jumpy?? "

I had not heard she was meeting up with a guy, just that she attended a conference?

I think she said to the LE that she was attending a conference and hadn't seen Travis since April, though I'm positive I read somewhere that she was meeting someone in Utah. I'll go back and see if I can find the article and attach a link. Hopefully the hearing that is scheduled for next week sheds some new light.

Funny how we all have the same opinions of Ms. Arias' body language -
eyes for lies dot blogspot dot com

Towards the bottom of the page on the left side, names are in alpha order.

There was something mentioned about her cell phone which indicated it had a GPS feature ...

I read that blog, it was very informative as to body language, etc. I recall the GPS feature also, though she apparently called Travis twice while on the road, so I would assume LE would be able to get pings from her phone when it was in use.

Hi, Nobodyzgirl, you cover a lot of interesting ground here. With the washing question, my thought was that Jodi washed and dried the sheets (which probably to a woman's standards were gross) earlier, perhaps while Travis was checking his emails or preparing for the phone conference that he didn't live to participate in.

If Jodi was using the camera as a relaxing ploy before she shot Travis, she might have dropped it on the floor after she produced the gun. It seems that she tried to clean up the bathroom scene at least somewhat. Perhaps she just scooped up the camera accidentally or half consciously when she was trying to dispose of bloodied clothes or towels.

It occurs to me that people claimed that Jodi snooped on Travis. If that's true, it's possible that a message or messages on his cell phone, perhaps from his trip date, ignited her fuse and changed a stopover with benefits into a killing field.

I actually never thought about it that way, that she washed the sheets while Travis was on the computer, though that makes complete sense, especially given the way she left the place.

As for the friend going away with him, I believe that Travis was murdered on the 4th of June, and people started to get concerned when he missed the conference call, something I would he wouldn't do. Another thing of interest, how often was he contact with his friends, daily? If so, then I'm surprised, like Knox that no one was concerned that they had not heard from him, though if he knew Jodi was coming down, he may have told his friends he was going away for a couple of days, because their relationship was supposed to be secret.

Okay, I'll stop hogging the board now! LOL (If I knew how to actually clip certain quotes from different responses, I would have put it all into one response! LOL

I just found this, I wonder if it's really her or just someone pretending to be her:

http://www.myspace.com/freejodiarias

Check out the heroes section what she says (if it is her) sent a chill down my spine, also in her photos she has her mug shot and if you go into her photo album and read what she put under her photo is creepy. This girl has no soul, nor does she seem one bit remorseful.

In Canada, I know the people that are in jail, or awaiting trial are not allowed internet access, I'm assuming in the United States, if this is true, that they are allowed internet access.

I just found this, I wonder if it's really her or just someone pretending to be her:

Check out the heroes section what she says (if it is her) sent a chill down my spine, also in her photos she has her mug shot and if you go into her photo album and read what she put under her photo is creepy. This girl has no soul, nor does she seem one bit remorseful.

In Canada, I know the people that are in jail, or awaiting trial are not allowed internet access, I'm assuming in the United States, if this is true, that they are allowed internet access.

Thanks for the link! IMO, that is not her. I'm not positive but I do not believe inmates have regular internet access. Esp. to sites such as myspace. They may have restricted use, such as education classes. I think this page is a hoax. Obviously all of the information posted is a joke, a sick one!

I actually never thought about it that way, that she washed the sheets while Travis was on the computer, though that makes complete sense, especially given the way she left the place.

As for the friend going away with him, I believe that Travis was murdered on the 4th of June, and people started to get concerned when he missed the conference call, something I would he wouldn't do. Another thing of interest, how often was he contact with his friends, daily? If so, then I'm surprised, like Knox that no one was concerned that they had not heard from him, though if he knew Jodi was coming down, he may have told his friends he was going away for a couple of days, because their relationship was supposed to be secret.

Okay, I'll stop hogging the board now! LOL (If I knew how to actually clip certain quotes from different responses, I would have put it all into one response! LOL

Hi, Nobodyzgirl. Travis seemed to have several different business interests which I think that were probably a bit less lucrative and kept him less busy than people believed. In accounts, he seems like a likeable, even inspiring guy, but at least one person, if I'm remembering correctly, described him as a procrastinator. I wouldn't be surprised if he was sometimes out of touch with people for days and days without stressing them out badly. (Also, as he mentioned in his last blog post, many of his friends were married and probably busy with their own lives.) In any case, such dislocation happens even in the internet age among outgoing people, especially men, his age.

Thanks for the link! IMO, that is not her. I'm not positive but I do not believe inmates have regular internet access. Esp. to sites such as myspace. They may have restricted use, such as education classes. I think this page is a hoax. Obviously all of the information posted is a joke, a sick one!

Thanks Indiangirl,

I had a hard time believing it was her, especially after seeing the mug shot. It would be easy enough for anyone to create the site and just add her picture from right off the internet, though I thought I would share it to see what others thought. I also saw something similar on Twitter, though when I went to get the link, it had vanished, so I assume that was a hoax also.

As for your comment Chanler, I believe I saw that also, about him being a prostrastinator. I know myself personally, that I'm not in contact with my friends on a daily basis, because life always seems to get in the way! LOL I wasn't really surprised that it was a couple of days afterward that people started to get concerned.

A few quick notes about Jodi's occupation(s):

1. I think that she still made most of her money from bartending, though she would not advertise this to her Mormon friends. Even if she doesn't drink herself, working in an alcohol related industry would not make her more appealing in that religious community.

2. Her Pre-Paid Legal job was probably commission work, rather than a more full-time commitment, such as Travis obviously had. (Oddly, on at least one professional link, her occupation is listed as "Owner, Pre-Paid Legal." Don't know from where that nomenclature came.)

3. I have seen no evidence at all that Jodi was a professional photographer, although I have seen one page on which she offers her services in a general way. Certainly, she did not spotlight her work on the internet, even on her blog as do thousands of other photographers. (One of the great pleasures of many blogs, not least those of Utah and Arizona Mormons, is the abundance of scenic and family photographs.)

And a sidebar about Jodi's photography: The great majority of photos on her sites picture her; thus, it's possible that she didn't even take them. I was surprised and amused by all her pictures at Pre-Paid Legal events, almost all of which show her with other people from the firm. I found this extremely strange: Several of my co-workers kindly pass along pictures that they have taken at one company conference or party; such digital albums might include a few of the sender, but most of them are of friends or even semi-strangers.

Hi Chanler!
I believe that she meant she was the owner of her own photography business and also worked at PPL. She use to have a website for her business. I think it was jfineart.com. I have no idea if she was successful with it. I had the impression she was just getting started and probably most of her shoots were with friends/family.

She did have a small wedding portofolio, can't remember where I saw it.

Hi Chanler!
I believe that she meant she was the owner of her own photography business and also worked at PPL. She use to have a website for her business. I think it was jfineart.com. I have no idea if she was successful with it. I had the impression she was just getting started and probably most of her shoots were with friends/family.

Hi, Indianagirl, thanks for your note. The link in question

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jodi-arias/7/8a8/875

doesn't mention photography at all. Perhaps she thought of herself as the owner/proprietor of the Pre-Paid Legal business in the Medford, Oregon area.

jfineart.com is an Taos art gallery that has an online component that, from what I can discern, doesn't specialize in photography.

I'm skeptical about Jodi's career as a professional photographer because I don't believe that anybody can become successful simply taking informal pictures of friends and family. I just don't see any indication that she was either a portrait photographer or a landscape photographer. Even college student photographers have online websites to display and, they hope, sell their pictures.

She did have a small wedding portofolio, can't remember where I saw it.

Hi, Knox, it apparently been taken down, but I still have my doubts. Wedding photography is either a real business (usually complete with video accommodation and lots of presentable web presence) or a now-and-then pick-up weekend gig (one of our office mailroom guys earns extra bucks this way). I'm not certain that Jodi stayed in one place long enough to establish herself.

My guess is that she loved photography, but was a bit too spacey to pursue it as a successful business. I know a few professional photographers besides the mailroom guy I mentioned and they all nose-to-the grindstone types. It's a pretty competitive field.

I believe it is her- If you watched her CBS Mystery show, she had blonde hair- I do not think she made it as AZ and Joe Arpio(sp?)-sherriff, has fought ard to take away prisoners rights not only in his county, but they-out AZ. If you look at the interests on the left hand side, ALL of those contracdict her and something about 'admiring a man who can drag a 200 lb body". I suggest someone tip this in if they havent already- She may be contributing or having someone on the outside help her- NOT ALLOWED!!!!!! BAD GIRL!!!:bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018