Travis Alexander and Jodi Arias - What do you believe?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On veromi.net under Jodi's name, there are two photography "businesses" listed as possible places of employment or employment associated with her.

I'm not sure how well she did with the photo business(es). If she didn't remember to take the memory card out of the camera at Travis' house, I question her "skills" in the photo field? (MO)

In an "Evidentary Hearing", do they discuss the evidence of the crime pertaining to Jodi's case? (Stupid question, I know.)

I watched another one of these shows last night (body builder lover's triangle) and I was really suprised at how the many things I saw as evidence, were discounted for one reason or another. It's a little OT, but it was odd to see the things that I would have thought were concrete evidence being turned into "nothing".

In an "Evidentary Hearing", do they discuss the evidence of the crime pertaining to Jodi's case? (Stupid question, I know.)

I watched another one of these shows last night (body builder lover's triangle) and I was really suprised at how the many things I saw as evidence, were discounted for one reason or another. It's a little OT, but it was odd to see the things that I would have thought were concrete evidence being turned into "nothing".

Evidentiary Hearing - http://law.justia.com/arizona/codes/title13/04238.html

It's amazing sometimes what gets discounted as evidence, and at other times, when they have no physical evidence at a scene of a crime how they can convict someone and send them to prison for 40 years (saw that on one of these shows recently).

Thanks for the link nobodyzgirl! It's wasn't too hard to read (like some of the legal related topics I've tried to decipher.) :blowkiss:

On veromi.net under Jodi's name, there are two photography "businesses" listed as possible places of employment or employment associated with her.

I'm not sure how well she did with the photo business(es). If she didn't remember to take the memory card out of the camera at Travis' house, I question her "skills" in the photo field? (MO)

Very funny, Boyz Mum; a light moment in a dark case. Interesting that she listed "photographic studio," but I still think that she was a bartender who listed her occupation as "photographer" or "Pre-Paid Legal" owner (whatever that means.) Unless I missed something (and I don't have MySpace access at work so I haven't connected to the link Knox kindly provided), I just haven't seen indications that Jodi's photography went much beyond collecting pictures of herself with her friends and business associates. On Google Image, it's Jodi, Jodi, Jodi, and sometimes Jodi & Travis. My girlfriend's young nephews have more landscape shots on the net than she does.

I found this profile ad (guess that's what you call it?!!) for jodi offering her photography services.

http://www.listown.com/group/jodi-arias-picture-and-profile-2416

Hello, I'm Jodi - the face behind the camera. My love and passion for photography began nearly 20 years ago when I received my first small and inexpensive camera requiring 110 film. I shot everything from friends and family, to pets and landscapes. The film I've used and experimented with since that time could probably stretch to the moon!

About 4 years ago I made the switch to digital and could not be happier. Digital technology has long since caught up with film in the world of photography.

Please feel free to contact me about any of the products or services that I offer. I would be delighted to speak with you and I look forward to serving you!

I am an enthusiastic traveler and my camera goes everywhere I go. I am currently based out of Northern California and Southern Oregon, and I am happy and able to travel in order to cover your special event.

I offer competitive pricing and spend time beyond the shoot when and if necessary carefully enhancing your photos to obtain the desired effects.

My love for art began at an even earlier age, from the time the first crayon was placed in my hand. After discovering they're not for eating, I was irreversibly hooked on the wide range of colors to be found in a box of crayons, and the seemingly endless possibilities when putting them on paper.

I branched out significantly as the years went by, trying my hand at a variety of media, and finding my real niche in oil paint and charcoal.

I found this profile ad (guess that's what you call it?!!) for jodi offering her photography services.

http://www.listown.com/group/jodi-arias-picture-and-profile-2416

Hello, I'm Jodi - the face behind the camera. My love and passion for photography began nearly 20 years ago when I received my first small and inexpensive camera requiring 110 film. I shot everything from friends and family, to pets and landscapes. The film I've used and experimented with since that time could probably stretch to the moon!

About 4 years ago I made the switch to digital and could not be happier. Digital technology has long since caught up with film in the world of photography.

Please feel free to contact me about any of the products or services that I offer. I would be delighted to speak with you and I look forward to serving you!

I am an enthusiastic traveler and my camera goes everywhere I go. I am currently based out of Northern California and Southern Oregon, and I am happy and able to travel in order to cover your special event.

I offer competitive pricing and spend time beyond the shoot when and if necessary carefully enhancing your photos to obtain the desired effects.

My love for art began at an even earlier age, from the time the first crayon was placed in my hand. After discovering they're not for eating, I was irreversibly hooked on the wide range of colors to be found in a box of crayons, and the seemingly endless possibilities when putting them on paper.

I branched out significantly as the years went by, trying my hand at a variety of media, and finding my real niche in oil paint and charcoal.

Hi, Indiana Girl, thanks so much! I saw this sometime ago and haven't seen it since. This web page was one of the reasons I first became convinced that Jodi's photography "business" was more in her wishful imagination than anything else. To me, this hardly seems like the presentation of a professional photographer. To start with the obvious, the photograph featured was not even taken by the photographer selling her services! There is no link with a website of her work; no mention of a specialty except "your special event"; no mention of previous clients or assignments; no special display of technical expertise; and the wording of the statement reads more like a stream-of-consciousness autobiography than the business presentation of a commercial photographer. And in the final paragraph, she undermines her whole case by saying that she's found her "real niche" not in photography, but in painting and drawing!

I honestly think that like thousands of other women and men, she was a bartender hoping for something better....

Hi, Indiana Girl, thanks so much! I saw this sometime ago and haven't seen it since. This web page was one of the reasons I first became convinced that Jodi's photography "business" was more in her wishful imagination than anything else. To me, this hardly seems like the presentation of a professional photographer. To start with the obvious, the photograph featured was not even taken by the photographer selling her services! There is no link with a website of her work; no mention of a specialty except "your special event"; no mention of previous clients or assignments; no special display of technical expertise; and the wording of the statement reads more like a stream-of-consciousness autobiography than the business presentation of a commercial photographer. And in the final paragraph, she undermines her whole case by saying that she's found her "real niche" not in photography, but in painting and drawing!

I honestly think that like thousands of other women and men, she was a bartender hoping for something better....

I completely agree. It sounds like photography was more of a hobby for her and hopefully it would lead somewhere and if that's her ad for business, I definitely would use her services, it's completely unprofessional and doesn't really show the quality of work she can provide. I think Ms. Arias, just likes to talk about herself!

I completely agree. It sounds like photography was more of a hobby for her and hopefully it would lead somewhere and if that's her ad for business, I definitely would use her services, it's completely unprofessional and doesn't really show the quality of work she can provide. I think Ms. Arias, just likes to talk about herself!

Hi, Nobodyzgirl; I think that you're right. I'm showing my age here, but to me, Jodi reminds me in this aspect (and, mercifully, not in others) of several free-floating hippie gals and guys I knew as an undergraduate. (Some of these people, by the way, became talented, creative people with whom I'm still in touch.)

Thanks, Knox! I can imagine that with a virtually hopeless case and a problematic client, Jodi's lawyer would welcome any and every postponement.

I would wager that Jodi will insist on testifying. So far, she has booby-trapped herself at every opportunity.

Missed you Chanler!!! Hope we get some new details from the upcoming hearing. Wonder if Arizona televise's trials, anyone know?

Missed you Chanler!!! Hope we get some new details from the upcoming hearing. Wonder if Arizona televise's trials, anyone know?

It would be nice if we got some new details prior to the upcoming evidentiary hearing. I have no idea if the trial will be televised, since I'm not from the area. It's actually uncommon in Canada to have a trial televised, we normally have to just watch the news or check the internet to see what happened that day.

Hi, Knox, nice to be back. Arizona has had some televised trials, but I don't know of any recently.

By the way, today is the anniversary of the day that Lizzie Borden made herself an orphan.

It would be nice if we got some new details prior to the upcoming evidentiary hearing. I have no idea if the trial will be televised, since I'm not from the area. It's actually uncommon in Canada to have a trial televised, we normally have to just watch the news or check the internet to see what happened that day.

Hi, Nobodyzgirl, it would be good to know more. On the other hand, we have been pampered so far: Jodi's version of what happened happened on a televised prison interview, not in a police interrogation room, and Travis's many friends have provided some real insights into the victim and perpetrator. Not to mention, Jodi's blogs and online photo albums. We really have entered the internet immersion stage of crime narratives.

Thanks, Knox! I can imagine that with a virtually hopeless case and a problematic client, Jodi's lawyer would welcome any and every postponement.

I would wager that Jodi will insist on testifying. So far, she has booby-trapped herself at every opportunity.

I agree that Jodi will want to testify, though if I were her lawyer, I wouldn't let her anywhere near the stand, she doesn't evoke any type of sympathy (in my opinion), and I think she'll just make things worse if she were to take the stand.

I agree that Jodi will want to testify, though if I were her lawyer, I wouldn't let her anywhere near the stand, she doesn't evoke any type of sympathy (in my opinion), and I think she'll just make things worse if she were to take the stand.

Hi, Nobodyzgirl, I couldn't agree more. I think that Jodi would make the worst possible witness for herself. Just having her on the stand would open the detailed story of all her contradictions and silences. From what we last know, she also seems to think that she's much smarter than she really is. As I understand it, the decision whether or not to testify is ultimately her's. I would wager this week's paycheck that her lawyers would argue vigorously against any such decision.

You said it best: On the stand, she wouldn't evoke any type of sympathy. Even if one could accept her deeply implausible alibi, she would still seem like a cold-hearted woman who simply drove away from a dying man she loved.....

I've been checking the internet and haven't seen anything about the Evidentiary Hearing that happened last Friday, has anyone heard anything new?

8/5/2009 NOT - Notice - Party (001) 8/7/2009

Hearing was scheduled for 08/07, no entries posted. However, the above was posted in the court minutes ... Party 1 is the State.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018