Travis Alexander and Jodi Arias - What do you believe?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight is the first I heard of this case. After seeing her interviews tonight I seriously believe she has whatever KC has.

Tonight is the first I heard of this case. After seeing her interviews tonight I seriously believe she has whatever KC has.

I agree. And, she's even worse at concealing it than KC. Some of that footage of her was just plain creepy. Smiling away, talking about why she tilted her head and smiled for her mug shot, putting on make up for the cameras... She's a narcissistic mess, but definitely not crazy, imo...

The first time I heard about it was on NG tonight, too. One thing that struck me, that I think is indicative of a narcissistic personality's inordinately high opinion of themselves, is that her singing of "O Holy Night" is terrible, i.e., flat and devoid of emotion. Yet she perceives herself as highly talented. She reminds me of a high schooler who thinks she's much more attractive and talented than she really is, trying out for the lead in the school play. She's not all that attractive; I see tons of people on the street every day more attractive, and at least their eyes aren't crossed like hers. Like Casey Anthony, she thinks that tilting her head, batting her eyes, and sticking to a totally implausible story will somehow allow her to skate through. Her jury might not be so "forgiving" as Casey Anthony's, though.

I was reminded of Casey as well.I think Tony should have chills running down his back if he sees any footage of this girl.I think he could have easily ended up like Travis.
On the other hand and I hate to talk about someone who was so brutally murdered I do not like him much.His "gold digger" blog is one of the most self centered things I ever read.He wanted to marry a devout,modest Mormon girl who treats him like a king and Jodi was just his sex kitten.I think what really set her off was that the girl he was taking to Mexico in no way fits the description of someone he was looking to marry either and probably was just another toy to him.That said of course what happened to him in the end is in no way comprehensible but Jodi seems very content with her deed and in no way remorseful.Her myspace status is still visible and chilling,something like "missing Travis,until I see you again ,my friend".It almost sounds like a chilling threat that she is not through with him yet.I believe his murder was 100% pre-meditated.It was her sick marriage to him.Now no other girl can have him.

If what Travis' sister said about Jodi having a, "relationship" with her cellmate is true.. Then the protective order is most likely against her... Maybe that's what the attorneys have been discussing OUTside of the courtroom.

Hi, SheStartedIt, as I understand the court's rejection of Jodi's request for a protective order and the sheriff's opposition to it, it almost certainly relates to Jodi's failed attempt to halt pretrial publicity.

Hi, I'm new here and have a few questions and comments...

1. Someone wondered why Travis might still have kept an occasional, secret connection with Jodi. I can see him keeping a loose connection for two reasons: A) Scared of ticking her off, thinking she would hurt him physically or embarrass him at work/church via nude photos. And B) There are people who like it when people act jealous and nutty over them. They feel wanted, special and worth more.

2. Someone please explain why she threw the camera in the washer-dryer?! Seems she would have every reason in the world to just take the camera with her. Why not toss it in the desert? She took the gun and the knife, right? So why leave the camera behind? Maybe it was a nervous/mental glitch?

3. Sounds like Jodi also lived with her grandparents. Is there any insight into her childhood / parents? Being so possessive and angry at Travis, sounds like Jodi has abandonment issues. Have to wonder if she was also paying back others for leaving her, while repeatedly harming Travis.

4. Anyone else notice that Jodi did a "Sandusky" when asked if she was obsessed with Travis? She couldn't just say 'no' right off. She immediately began explaining that he was texting her all the time, etc., acting like he was (mutually) obsessed.

5. Between Law of Attraction and astral projecting, plus the travel-related vision board showing the pyramids, etc., Jodi probably thought Travis would be her worldwide travel ticket from God. Her language when discussing the Cancun trip is kind of... sore-thumbish. She tried to hide it, but I sensed she was HIGHLY offended that in a whole year of knowing he'd take that trip, he never once mentioned bringing her.

Well, if the lady thrives on adventure, she's on quite the trip right now - en route to infamy and the death penalty.

1. Someone wondered why Travis might still have kept an occasional, secret connection with Jodi. I can see him keeping a loose connection for two reasons: A) Scared of ticking her off, thinking she would hurt him physically or embarrass him at work/church via nude photos. And B) There are people who like it when people act jealous and nutty over them. They feel wanted, special and worth more.
IMO his reason was much simpler than that....he liked the sex.He underestimated the danger.

2. Someone please explain why she threw the camera in the washer-dryer?! Seems she would have every reason in the world to just take the camera with her. Why not toss it in the desert? She took the gun and the knife, right? So why leave the camera behind? Maybe it was a nervous/mental glitch?Someone in this thread theorized the camera got thrown in the washer unintentionally when she was washing the bedding.IMO that's very plausible.

3. Sounds like Jodi also lived with her grandparents. Is there any insight into her childhood / parents? Being so possessive and angry at Travis, sounds like Jodi has abandonment issues. Have to wonder if she was also paying back others for leaving her, while repeatedly harming Travis.
I wished we'd know more about her background as well.Her family has remained completely quiet about this as far as I know.I did not even know she lived with her grandparents.Could be abandonment issues but maybe she was just used to getting what she wants and simply couldn't take and understand how she could possibly be turned down

4. Anyone else notice that Jodi did a "Sandusky" when asked if she was obsessed with Travis? She couldn't just say 'no' right off. She immediately began explaining that he was texting her all the time, etc., acting like he was (mutually) obsessed.
I think that also speaks to her being embarrassed and in denial about not being wanted.On the other hand considering he did leave that post on her myspace just a month before she died publicly,who knows how much he was really texting her in private?

5. Between Law of Attraction and astral projecting, plus the travel-related vision board showing the pyramids, etc., Jodi probably thought Travis would be her worldwide travel ticket from God. Her language when discussing the Cancun trip is kind of... sore-thumbish. She tried to hide it, but I sensed she was HIGHLY offended that in a whole year of knowing he'd take that trip, he never once mentioned bringing her.
I also think it's the trip that made her snap in the end.She probably thought she would be the one he'll take in the end,taking another beautiful,sexy girl I think that's what she couldn't handle,not so much because she wanted to travel,I'm sure there were many men willing to take her around the world but because it was about winning IMO

Well, if the lady thrives on adventure, she's on quite the trip right now - en route to infamy and the death penalty.
The sad thing is IMO she does not care what happens to her now.IMO in her mind she is very satisfied with what she did and thinks whenever she dies they'll be together forever

[My answer would be a combination of Claudicici's (He was addicted to the sex) and the possibility that his sense of the relationship was fluctuating; that he emphasized her Jezebel craziness to his good Mormon friends and responded in human ways when she seemed, well, human--and seductive.]

2. Someone please explain why she threw the camera in the washer-dryer?! Seems she would have every reason in the world to just take the camera with her. Why not toss it in the desert? She took the gun and the knife, right? So why leave the camera behind? Maybe it was a nervous/mental glitch?
[Impossible to tell at this point, but cameras are small and might be regarded as afterthoughts, not as possessing frightening evidential powers.]

[You might be right. In any case, Travis imbued Jodi's life with new meanings: She was able to integrate his Mormon beliefs and pull-up-by-the-bootstraps success story into her patchwork New Age systems.]

[I think that you're right. To her, Travis probably seemed obsessed. He was a good person and, like many good people, couldn't slam the door completely on someone with whom he once had a real relationship. I once knew a mild guy who continued to be civil to an ex-girlfriend who broke into his apartment and indirectly forced him to move to a different city.]

Well, if the lady thrives on adventure, she's on quite the trip right now - en route to infamy and the death penalty
[Jodi did write Travis into her Law of Attraction scenario. And I'm certain that she had hatred of him that she wanted to exorcize, of course, only in the most loving homicidal way. She knew that Travis' public talk about chastity and wanting the perfect Mormon wife conflicted with some of his behavior with her and, probably, with the new girl as well.

I don't think that Jodi will be executed. She's a relatively attractive young woman who doesn't fit the death row mold.]

My comments are inside the quotes.

I agree about the death penalty.I think Jodi will actually disappointed .It makes her look less of a martyr in her eyes I'm sure and she'll have to wait so much longer to be re-united with Travis.Let's see how long she can put up her positive thinking facade.

JVM is showing this, I had not heard about it until now.

She's a trip. Good lord.

It showed a clip of her saying why she tilted her head and smiled for her booking photo, she said two reasons---one it was what travis would have done--flashed a smile, and also she knew it would be all over the internet.

One of travis' friends says he got a bad vibe from her the first time the friend met her. That he thought she was super possessive of travis.

They are supposed to talk about her psychology if they do I'll post but there is less than 3 mins to the show.

Caller Carol says she has had contact with defendent. I was at the restaurant the day they arrested her and took her out. She was a sweet, softspoken girl was a great waitress. etc.....

Show over.

go to Google and type in 48 Hours Mystery, picture perfect and you should see the first three links.

click on the third link with the video. (will bring you to the 48 Hours web page with the episode titled "Picture Perfect".)

It showed a clip of her saying why she tilted her head and smiled for her booking photo, she said two reasons---one it was what travis would have done--flashed a smile, and also she knew it would be all over the internet.

One of travis' friends says he got a bad vibe from her the first time the friend met her. That he thought she was super possessive of travis.

They are supposed to talk about her psychology if they do I'll post but there is less than 3 mins to the show.

BBM. OMG who does that? This girl is so creepy it's giving me the heebie jeebies.

I came across this case only about a week ago after viewing her interview. I came here and read the entire thread. When I found myself taking notes and using the timelines to familiarize myself with the case.

It is the first case that has caught my attention up in a long time. I've read a lot of material on WS, and follow some of the cases daily. But this will be one wowzer of a trial.

Thanks to all of you who kept it alive while so many of us were immersed in that "other" trial.

I am off to watch 48 Hours episode for the second time.

Caller Carol says she has had contact with defendent. I was at the restaurant the day they arrested her and took her out. She was a sweet, softspoken girl was a great waitress. etc.....

Show over.

Caller Carol is a liar-face... Jodi was arrested at her Grandmother's house in Yreka, Ca.... And was a bartender.

But anywho here's a little article about HLN wondering if this is going to be the Trial of 2012..

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2011/12/14/jodi-arias-case-trial-2012

Jodi Arias murder case: The trial of 2012?

Editor's Note: Katy Rogers is a producer for "Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell."

The most-watched criminal trial of 2012 could be the case of a young woman accused of a horrific crime.

Jodi Arias is charged with shooting and stabbing her ex-boyfriend to death in his Mesa, Arizona, home in 2008. Prosecutors say the 31-year-old went to Travis Alexander's home, shot him in the face, stabbed him 27 times and slit his throat from ear to ear.

Some of his closest friends found Alexander’s body in his shower. Taylor Searle told Jane Velez-Mitchell that he immediately suspected Jodi of the murder. "That was the first thing to my mind is that, 'oh my gosh, Jodi actually killed him.'"

Searle described a confrontation between Arias and Alexander just days before his murder. "He had caught her breaking into his Facebook account, and he read back to me his response to her, and it was a pretty harsh response," he said. "I just remember my response to him was, 'are you afraid she's going to hurt you?' and four days, five days later, he goes missing and then we find him dead."

Arias told investigators two people had broken into the house, attacked them, and said she escaped and drove off without telling a soul.

Police say they found a camera in Travis' washing machine that had two sets of photos: a series of nude shots of Jodi and Travis together, and photos of a bloody Travis as he reportedly lay dying.

The trial is scheduled to start in February.

With little else to go on, the Arias defense will probably try to tie the prosecution case to the extensively documented anti-Latino lean of the Maricopa County Sheriff's office. It's totally irrelevant to this case, but one can imagine that Jodi's lawyers will contend that the cops focused their investigation on her because of his nationality, ignoring other leads and the possibility that she killed Travis because of a sexual attack.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/16/u...targeted-latinos-justice-department-says.html

PHOENIX — In a harshly worded critique of the country’s best-known sheriff, the Justice Department accused Joe Arpaio of the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office of engaging in “unconstitutional policing” by unfairly targeting Latinos for detentions and arrests and retaliating against those who complain.

After an investigation that lasted more than two years, the civil rights division of the Justice Department said the sheriff’s office has “a pervasive culture of discriminatory bias against Latinos” that “reaches the highest levels of the agency.” The department interfered with the inquiry, the government said, prompting a lawsuit that eventually led Mr. Arpaio and his deputies to cooperate.

P.S. The Arias defense is obvious committed to presenting Travis Alexander as a would-be rapist. They have made legal moves to prevent him being characterized as a "victim."

So now Jodi is going to portray Travis as a rapist? This chick knows no bounds..... This is going to be one interesting trial.

The ONLY victim in this is Travis, NOT poor poor Jodi........ I hope the jury decides to send her to the DP.

She's Bat crap crazy and I think she and Casey would get along just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13