Travis Alexander's Journals and text messages

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't see the May/June texts on BK's site, so I'm going to guess that Jodi was up to criminal activity before murdering Travis.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

If we presume the nudes were taken at another time and accidentally on that memory stick she put in T's camera, it's possible his first sighting of her was when he looks surprised in one of the shower pics. I would logically think it was before and she drew a weapon and made him get in (one reason is because his shower sandals are in the bedroom, not in the bathroom where one would usually wear them before getting into the shower on any typical day) but he doesn't look at all disturbed in the first several photos, only the one where he's turning around.

And then everything starts to happen quickly, 4 minutes and 52 seconds of pics until he turns, then 2 minutes and 2 seconds until the sitting full face shot (not forgetting he either got to a seated position so quickly he banged his nose and lip on his knee or she hit him making him bite/abrade his lip and causing blood to trickle out of one nostril [I go with the banged on knee personally]).

Also, there's the floor cleaner he put together and moved furniture off the floors earlier, I don't believe she was there when that occurred, so I don't think she made her presence known until right around the shower - maybe he did the prelims for the floor, went to take a nap before showering and getting ready for the conference call and she woke him from that nap, had her say and ordered him into the shower, but I don't see that in his face in the early pics.

Honestly, I don't know which possibility seems worse to imagine-- that he never even knew she was there until it was too late, or that he let his guard down one last time, for long enough until it was too late.

I really don't want to try to imagine either scenario anymore. I'm relieved to know that he didn't reach out to her after May 22. And I'm all the more in admiration of his courage that instead of blaming her or anyone else, he braved facing the deep abyss in himself to try to understand what he needed to do to in order to live the life he wanted.

I can't see the May/June texts on BK's site, so I'm going to guess that Jodi was up to criminal activity before murdering Travis.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Tiger...go to Navigation, then Member Home, then scroll down a long ways till you see the link "TA and JA texts."

The full May and June texts haven't been uploaded yet, but BK has separated individual text recipients and posted those.

I found this entry from JA's journal
June 30, 2008
'I was afraid of insulting the detective's intelligence but I humbly offered some ideas for getting date out of Travis' camera, which was smashed and ruined somehow. He didn't sound hopeful about recovering anything, but time will tell.'

Do you think maybe she was trying to make a point that the nude pictures were from different dates?

Ooh, very telling, thanks.

I'm done wrestling with the question of May 26 and when thoughts of murder arose, done until JM's book comes out (please JM, please discuss May 26) .

My last guess- only a guess is possible- is:

She left Mesa thinking Lisa, the main threat, had been contained if not knocked out of contention. She knew TA was burned out on her, wasn't helping financially, and she was broke. She was forced to retreat, but in her mind it was on her terms, and a temporary parting.

I think that from the time she left through April she swung back and forth between seeking painful revenge and trying to make Travis see that she was a good enough candidate for a wife...interested in the Gospel, supportive of him, chaste.

Meanwhile she snooped and spied, and just like in the beginning, when he was genuinely interested in her, she went too far and violated his privacy and trust enough that he just couldn't overlook it yet one more time. He already felt everything he'd worked for was slipping away, as were his chances to find a wife.

I think that until mid-May it is entirely possible she believed she could force him to come back to her by destroying his every other relationship, and that is what motivated her to fabricate sex tapes and texts.

I think she underestimated the anger Travis began feeling openly and in earnest by late March. After all, he had told her multiple times before he never wanted to hear from her again and yet was casually chatting with her hours later. She likely didn't have any idea this was different.

But it was. As alien a concept as it was to her and still is to Nurmi, I believe Travis always did his best to be honest with himself, and that he genuinely cared about being a better person. I think that in April and in May he braved facing his demons, at last, because he knew he had to in order to find an Eternal Companion -- and peace within himself.

She seems to have scammed him and perhaps others, but whatever she may or may not have done in that regard was clearly no where near as important to him as what he perceived as her effort to destroy him personally.

Yes he became angry on May 26, but for most of that chat he wasn't. He just wanted her to tell the truth, no matter what it was. It was the lies he couldn't tolerate any more. Not hers. Not his own. No matter what the consequences were, he couldn't tolerate any more anything but the truth.

I think he realized, acknowledged, and accepted responsibility for his role in whatever destruction she intended to inflict upon him for having been unchaste. What was most painful to him wasn't whatever consequences there might be, but that he had compromised his own integrity and broken vows based on her lies, not for love, but in service of her hate.

I don't think the sex tape came up.I think she had intended that at first, but was caught off guard by his utter repudiation of her and didn't play that card.

After all these months and months of trying to figure it out it is a bit of a surrender, but uncle uncle I give up. If not from JM then never.

:tantrum: NEVER!!!! :tantrum:

With Spanish subtitles in honor of those who were sick of seeing Jodi try to speak it on texts and journal entries.

[video=youtube;07n4hliWkNs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07n4hliWkNs[/video]

Never gonna give it up, never gonna say goodbye, never going to believe her lies....

June 30, 2008
'I was afraid of insulting the detective's intelligence but I humbly offered some ideas for getting date out of Travis' camera, which was smashed and ruined somehow. He didn't sound hopeful about recovering anything, but time will tell.'

Do you think maybe she was trying to make a point that the nude pictures were from different dates?

I believe she meant "data," not date. She wasn't writing things right in her haste to lie, cover up, and look innocent. She uses "data" in the next sentence, saying "the (they) got data from the WTC wreckage, so who knows?"

I think she believed she could afford to be "helpful" because she believed the pictures were gone and unretrievable. I'm gonna guess she researched the heck out of it. She says the camera was smashed and ruined "somehow." No testimony said it was smashed. Anyway, I'm sure whatever ideas she offered were piss-poor.

Before believing the photos were put onto the camera, we have to ask why she'd ever put them on the camera if only to delete them. There's no reason to do that. I just don't see her taking the time to transfer photos onto it, if it was even possible to transfer pictures both ways (from computer to camera and vice versa) back then.

Ooh, very telling, thanks.

Add that to Det.F's investigation report(Zachary p.17/18 of 20) and you can see the opportunity really wasn't there with Zach having the day off and being in and out all day and Enrique(p.15 of 20). In fact, it looks to me like JA waited until she heard Zach finally leave at 4pm to get on the pc(4:19pm), discover "her" ticket was in Marie's name, check out the camera, decide to take some trophy pics, kill TA, and get out of there before Enrique walked in and caught her just after 6pm, especially now that more posters are starting to believe that the nude pics were from an earlier date(possibly April) and that TA would not have bedded her on that last day(had reached his gutter limit).

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-report-Discuss-it-here&p=8873488#post8873488
https://grahamwinch.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/floresinvestigationreport.pdf

I believe she meant "data," not date. She wasn't writing things right in her haste to lie, cover up, and look innocent. She uses "data" in the next sentence, saying "the (they) got data from the WTC wreckage, so who knows?"

I think she believed she could afford to be "helpful" because she believed the pictures were gone and unretrievable. I'm gonna guess she researched the heck out of it. She says the camera was smashed and ruined "somehow." No testimony said it was smashed. Anyway, I'm sure whatever ideas she offered were piss-poor.

Before believing the photos were put onto the camera, we have to ask why she'd ever put them on the camera if only to delete them. There's no reason to do that. I just don't see her taking the time to transfer photos onto it, if it was even possible to transfer pictures both ways (from computer to camera and vice versa) back then.

Perhaps TA was using one of her old memory cards and had deleted them? I know from experience new cameras seldom came with complimentary cards and depending on what the pics were(since we still don't know who or what they were from) it's very possible he just grabbed a used one that she'd left behind from all of their/her previous picture taking expeditions.

Perhaps TA was using one of her old memory cards and had deleted them? I know from experience new cameras seldom came with complimentary cards and depending on what the pics were(since we still don't know who or what they were from) it's very possible he just grabbed a used one that she'd left behind from all of their/her previous picture taking expeditions.

I don't believe it for several reasons:

1. She is not blonde in the photos. Jodi decided to change her hair color at the end of March or in April. In pics of the OKC convention, mid-March 2008, she was still blonde. In pictures from Yreka, she has blonde highlights, transitioning dark. In the June 4th, her hair appears dark brown, like the murderess selfies.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--X0m62bzAvg/ViYJiWT0W7I/AAAAAAAADlU/uY790WKAtOs/s1600/dddd.PNG

2. Travis could pick up a card at best buy and probably did when he bought the camera the night before his last speech on the 24th. He studied the camera; he'd know if he needed a card or not. He's meticulous. I think he bought it. She also controlled him by not giving him pictures he wanted when he wanted them.I doubt she left a single memory stick. It wouldn't serve her purpose of having to make him Photo CD's, so he'd be needing something from her.

3. The dates on the pictures metadata would have to be manipulated to match the murder day. What is the murderer's motive to place pictures on this camera only to turn around and delete them? Melendez should be able to know, through the meta data, that the pictures were taken from a different camera and time, I would think.

4. Rewatch what Melendez says about unallocated space and it becomes apparent that if deleted prior to june 4th, they would have already been overwritten.

I know it's hard to believe Travis would do it, but if he'd been able to control it, he wouldn't have been on the merrigoround so long. He wouldn't be dead. He already said on the 26th that he hates her and she'd controlling him. He goes back even though he shouldn't.

It's as simple as this scripture:

Romans 7:15:

I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate, I do.

So it's not hard for me to believe she talked him into one more time.

Add that to Det.F's investigation report(Zachary p.17/18 of 20) and you can see the opportunity really wasn't there with Zach having the day off and being in and out all day and Enrique(p.15 of 20). In fact, it looks to me like JA waited until she heard Zach finally leave at 4pm to get on the pc(4:19pm), discover "her" ticket was in Marie's name, check out the camera, decide to take some trophy pics, kill TA, and get out of there before Enrique walked in and caught her just after 6pm, especially now that more posters are starting to believe that the nude pics were from an earlier date(possibly April) and that TA would not have bedded her on that last day(had reached his gutter limit).

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-report-Discuss-it-here&p=8873488#post8873488

Jodi was on a timetable. I can't see her wasting time all the way to 4pm when she was already late getting to Burns. Zach and Enrique were wrong about the dates in their initial interviews. In the re-interviews, Flores cleared it up. With Cancun being less than a week away, she had to know she wasn't going. She mentions cancun in the sex tape and doesn't mention herself as part of the trip.

I don't know why people don't believe Travis would sleep with Jodi june 4th when he already explained in the g-chat what their cycle is. Believe Travis when he says he can't resist and he's addicted. Believe what he writes about trying to pull away but getting reeled back in. He didn't sound to me as if he had conquered that problem. He was just admitting it. In fact, he said they knew how it would go, not that it wouldn't go the same way again. So please believe him, and believe he had sex with her. Some of the poses even match what they talked about on the sex tape.

Something's wrong with the text messages. You get different ones, depending on what file you are looking at. Has anyone noticed that?

I was looking for when Jodi told Travis she changed her hair color, but couldn't find it again. I did find her telling him that her mother hated her hair. It was in Travis' complete text file on between march 28 and 30th, but it was not there at all in the file that has Jodi and travis' texts only. Weird.

But this is what Jodi's hair looked like when she started coloring it. Attached. She doesn't look that way in the sex pics, therefore, they cannot be before June 4th. If she did get him to have sex with her before she left, her hair had to look like either one of the attached pics.

Attachments

• Jodi and sister.JPG
    Jodi and sister.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 49
  • jodi and chiatanya.jpg
    jodi and chiatanya.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 50
June 30, 2008

Yes I do, but she couldn't think of way one to get him to discover that without divulging how they got on that stick since she was still doling out the 'I wasn't even there' defense, only being the ever-helpful former girl-friend-with-benefits. I do wonder what humble and helpful ideas she offered - how deep is her knowledge of these things?

Yep that's my thought process, and has always been. Not gonna' change either! LOL

I found it Jodi started changing her hair March 20, 2008.

09:11PM Incoming Yep! I am definitely a brunette now! There's no turning back!
09:12PM Outgoing That hurts.
09:13PM Incoming SHUTUP!!!
09:37PM Incoming I miss blond! =
09:39PM Outgoing When will I see it?
09:40PM Incoming 15 minutes Brt.

March 28, 2008

01:37PM Incoming My mom doesn't like my hair. Oh, well, I'm wearing it, not her.
01:37PM Outgoing Whatev. Do what you want. I like it.

This means that Jodi was going brown more than a month before Travis bought the camera. If they hooked up sexually between the 20th and when she left, which I think was April 6th or 8th, AND took pictures, it's very likely that she would have serious blonde streaks in her hair for any of the pictures. The June 4th pics do not depict her hair that way.

I found it Jodi started changing her hair March 20, 2008.

09:11PM Incoming Yep! I am definitely a brunette now! There's no turning back!
09:12PM Outgoing That hurts.
09:13PM Incoming SHUTUP!!!
09:37PM Incoming I miss blond! =
09:39PM Outgoing When will I see it?
09:40PM Incoming 15 minutes Brt.

March 28, 2008

01:37PM Incoming My mom doesn't like my hair. Oh, well, I'm wearing it, not her.
01:37PM Outgoing Whatev. Do what you want. I like it.

This means that Jodi was going brown more than a month before Travis bought the camera. If they hooked up sexually between the 20th and when she left, which I think was April 6th or 8th, AND took pictures, it's very likely that she would have serious blonde streaks in her hair for any of the pictures. The June 4th pics do not depict her hair that way.

Thanks for finding those. :) The nudes of her were taken in a dark room so her hair would look darker, and I do think the front of her hair looks streaked, not the all-over dark brown of the June 3rd selfies:

jatwoshades.jpg

I think the nudes look much more like this pic from 5/10/08 (although the streaks/color are even lighter in this from color fading):

ja51008.jpg

Thanks for finding those. :) The nudes of her were taken in a dark room so her hair would look darker, and I do think the front of her hair looks streaked, not the all-over dark brown of the June 3rd selfies:

View attachment 85018

I think the nudes look much more like this pic from 5/10/08 (although the streaks/color are even lighter in this from color fading):

View attachment 85019

Geevee, this really hurts. I remember when we used to debate how dark her hair was to support that she dyed it to sneak into Travis neighborhood. Now, we're debating how it could be dark pre-April 6th.

This picture is from after the murder. What do you think is more likely regarding the June 4th pic? That her hair was dark, got light, went dark, got light or it is consistent with this post murder pic?

In addition, she would not have time to go on an old stick, upload it to a computer, change all the file names to match the sony, download the pics on the camera and then erase them.

There's no way the pics could have lasted in unallocated spaces if Travis had deleted them pre-murder and continued to use the camera, adding and deleting pictures. No way.

There's a seriously low probability that Travis would have left those pictures on a memory stick if he was using that camera around people who could hit the back button and see the pictures.

If he did leave them on there, Melendez would have seen Metadata that the picture was created back in March or April, not June 4th.

It's just not probable. And the lighting in the pics can't make this much blonde disappear. There's still way too much blonde in her hair after she first colored it.

Attachments

• ja post murder pic.JPG
    ja post murder pic.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 62
  • Jodi and sister.JPG
    Jodi and sister.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 48
Something's wrong with the text messages. You get different ones, depending on what file you are looking at. Has anyone noticed that?

I was looking for when Jodi told Travis she changed her hair color, but couldn't find it again. I did find her telling him that her mother hated her hair. It was in Travis' complete text file on between march 28 and 30th, but it was not there at all in the file that has Jodi and travis' texts only. Weird.

But this is what Jodi's hair looked like when she started coloring it. Attached. She doesn't look that way in the sex pics, therefore, they cannot be before June 4th. If she did get him to have sex with her before she left, her hair had to look like either one of the attached pics.

Lol back to hair colour... I have naturally medium ash-brown hair but it can change colour pretty drastically just from using a different kind of shampoo/conditioner, the hardness of the water, whether it's fresh washed or the day after being washed, let alone how different brands of dye affect it. I can go from what people describe as golden blonde to just plain medium brown depending on the first three I listed and with a dye, anything up to a very light strawberry blonde(without doing the proper bleach job), plus even lighter strands where my grey strands affect it.

Obviously during her bleach blonde days she had done it properly with toners(likely at a salon) but once she had decided to go back to brown all it would take would be an otc dye that no matter that they may claim to be permanent are not and then there are the wash in/wash out variety.

Personally, I like to use a light to golden blonde colour depending on the time of year and for about two weeks it looks pretty close to what the box pic shows, then it starts fading back to my natural colour until my roots start getting too flat(the reason I dye at all is because it gives my hair body without all the curl from a body wave).

I say this because if she had gone brown after being so blonde that it's quite possible that she had dyed it in March and by April it had washed out enough that it was lighter again because of her base bleach blonde(note the reddish hue with lighter strands). Looking at the difference between the June 3/08 pic and then her mugshots, same thing. The difference between her mugshots is a matter of when all the previous colouring had finally grown out and as you saw in court, her natural colour was much darker than the "brown" she had been sporting while in between her blonde days.

JAbed.jpg

Anyway, what I don't get is why you think the pics above could possibly be taken a single day apart, the difference is pretty stark, based on my own hair experiences.

Plus there's the whole reason why she went so dark for her trip, which I suspect had something to do with hoping that if she was spotted entering or leaving TA's that it would be thought to have been Mimi or even CL for a double whammy and FU to either of them, let alone hide her identity from those who previously had only known her as a "blonde", even though she had claimed to have brown in March 2008 before she'd left Mesa.

I also wonder if she had pondered whether she could take the chance on cashing in the flight tickets(do we know whether the tickets had been cancelled, refunded, or were no shows?) but after checking the tickets online may have found they were non-refundable? Then there's the off-chance she had planned to try and use them as a get-away and leave the country though without using a fake passport(ID theft?) that might be tough.

Geevee, this really hurts. I remember when we used to debate how dark her hair was to support that she dyed it to sneak into Travis neighborhood. Now, we're debating how it could be dark pre-April 6th.

This picture is from after the murder. What do you think is more likely regarding the June 4th pic? That her hair was dark, got light, went dark, got light or it is consistent with this post murder pic?

In addition, she would not have time to go on an old stick, upload it to a computer, change all the file names to match the sony, download the pics on the camera and then erase them.

There's no way the pics could have lasted in unallocated spaces if Travis had deleted them pre-murder and continued to use the camera, adding and deleting pictures. No way.

There's a seriously low probability that Travis would have left those pictures on a memory stick if he was using that camera around people who could hit the back button and see the pictures.

If he did leave them on there, Melendez would have seen Metadata that the picture was created back in March or April, not June 4th.

It's just not probable. And the lighting in the pics can't make this much blonde disappear. There's still way too much blonde in her hair after she first colored it.

That pic with her sister looks to me like it was taken just before her trip to Mesa, note the age of her sister and her dreamboard in the background. Remember when her grandparents reported the break-in, she had been gone for the day with her sister, gone to see some sights in Oregon iirc. The post murder pic with the Othello actor was actually taken a week or two after wasn't it? More than enough time for some of the dye to have washed out but not by the day after she'd dyed it... imo.

Going over a lot of Jodi's "highlights" pictures, I've decided that it wasn't even her aim to go brunette. All those highlights in the front have to be done on purpose. If she wanted to be completely brunette--and as dark as she was on June 4th-- she could have told the hairstylist to do so without issue.

But she didn't. She chose an ombre look with really light brown. This is why the car rental guy said she looked blonde.

These are more pictures of her blonde, in dark room. You can still see the blonde and most likely would see the blonde in the braid, too, if it had been there:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-TTIV2eruB...d-sister-exhibit-shown-in-court-2-21-2013.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1HWKhJIAAAmKoo.png

http://barstoolu.barstoolsports.com/files/2013/02/ht_jodi_arias_myspace_2_nt_130125_wg.jpg

I say this because if she had gone brown after being so blonde that it's quite possible that she had dyed it in March and by April it had washed out enough that it was lighter again because of her base bleach blonde(note the reddish hue with lighter strands). Looking at the difference between the June 3/08 pic and then her mugshots, same thing. The difference between her mugshots is a matter of when all the previous colouring had finally grown out and as you saw in court, her natural colour was much darker than the "brown" she had been sporting while in between her blonde days.

View attachment 85025

Anyway, what I don't get is why you think the pics above could possibly be taken a single day apart, the difference is pretty stark, based on my own hair experiences.

Plus there's the whole reason why she went so dark for her trip, which I suspect had something to do with hoping that if she was spotted entering or leaving TA's that it would be thought to have been Mimi or even CL for a double whammy and FU to either of them, let alone hide her identity from those who previously had only known her as a "blonde", even though she had claimed to have brown in March 2008 before she'd left Mesa.

It's not probable that she'd be seen around Mesa when she left with the same hair she dyed it to in order to go undetected. That makes as much sense as the police being unable to figure out that the memory card had old pics on it from the time she says she changed her hair or that the meta data on the pictures would not reflect it.

It's also not probable that she wouldn't provide pics of this dark hair in March to prove she did not dye her hair to go undetected. Why wouldn't the defense team fight for the sex pics to be placed pre-move if it was true? Jodi knows when those pictures were taken. She knows it wasn't between March 20 and April 6th and that is why it never occurred to her to have her defense team say it was so.

How would it benefit Jodi to let it stand that the sex pics were June 4th if they weren't?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back