Trial break: The State vs Jodi Arias; trial resumes 4 February 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered the same thing. I know a domestic violence expert is coming soon, I wonder if she interviewed JA. If she did I imagine the report was shared with both sides. But the mental status I wonder. Of course the idea would be to report back she has some kind of battered woman syndrome (based on what JA tells the expert) It would be frightening if she was on the streets again.

I would really like for her to get evaluated for Axis I disorders. I think she's totally competent to stand trial, and I think she knows what she did was wrong. I think it seems almost like she's playing a game, though. I'm very hesitant to really go into specifics because I'm afraid it will come across as me trying to excuse her actions in some way or another. I think she's sick, but not in a sociopathic kind of way. A lot of symptoms that occur in socio/psychopathy occur in other disorders. There's one in particular that has most of the characteristics she displays down to a tee, and could be easily overlooked.

:twocents:

Everyone has a link to look up and my curiousity is killing me! :panic:

I would really like for her to get evaluated for Axis I disorders. I think she's totally competent to stand trial, and I think she knows what she did was wrong. I think it seems almost like she's playing a game, though. I'm very hesitant to really go into specifics because I'm afraid it will come across as me trying to excuse her actions in some way or another. I think she's sick, but not in a sociopathic kind of way. A lot of symptoms that occur in socio/psychopathy occur in other disorders. There's one in particular that has most of the characteristics she displays down to a tee, and could be easily overlooked.

Spill it :)

pray tell.....

Is there a particular reason why I am unable to " thank" certain posters?

I'm trying to thank Jax and it won't let me.

You're welcome. LOL

I'm not having any problem with thanks but my 'more smilies' aren't working.

Someone want to switch chairs? this one is kinda lumpy....and where is that pizza?

My friend, you are referencing Milgrim's studies.

Noooo, Milgram was an attempt to explain how figures in authority positions can control people.

The test she's thinking of was conducted by Dr. Hare. It consisted of an individual told they were about to get shocked and their reaction was measured. The Milgram experiments were almost the opposite - the person being studied was "shocking" a confederate of the researcher and seeing how far they would take it.

Milgram experiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://www.npr.org/2011/05/26/136619689/can-a-test-really-tell-whos-a-psychopath

Noooo, Milgram was an attempt to explain how figures in authority positions can control people.

The test she's thinking of was conducted by Dr. Hare. It consisted of an individual told they were about to get shocked and their reaction was measured. The Milgram experiments were almost the opposite - the person being studied was "shocking" a confederate of the researcher and seeing how far they would take it.

Milgram experiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://www.npr.org/2011/05/26/136619689/can-a-test-really-tell-whos-a-psychopath

Right, I'm familiar with the Milgrim studies ad nauseum....but can you link a study by Dr. Hare where he electrically shocked anyone?????

Ok...it's all coming back to me now.

Hares study involved showing words that illicit reactions in ...wait no....that was a different one.

Hares was a shock to the fingertip when they pushed a button on a word that wasn't really a word. A small shock would induce perspiration in normal folk in anticipation ...not the case with psychopaths.

Well, this bleary-eyed cat is off to bed. I've been here off and on almost all day and done so much reading I've worn out my eyeballs. No complaints at all, though. Learned a lot and met some new folks along the way. Websleuthers are a wonderful bunch and I'm happy to be here. Have to catch up on housework tomorrow, but will be watching the trial on Monday and checking in. G'night, my fine friends. And warm, homemade chicken soup to anyone under the weather.

Right, I'm familiar with the Milgrim studies ad nauseum....but can you link a study by Dr. Hare where he electrically shocked anyone?????

Yes, it's in the post you quoted.

I'm typing up another post right now explaining what I'm thinking at the moment, for those that asked.

Ok...it's all coming back to me now.

Hares study involved showing words that illicit reactions in ...wait no....that was a different one.

Hares was a shock to the fingertip when they pushed a button on a word that wasn't really a word. A small shock would induce perspiration in normal folk in anticipation ...not the case with psychopaths.

bbm - OH. is it??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSnkVAAs_l4

The suspense is killing me, too. Hope you'll fill us in. BBM

Linda, your link is simply the study Hare did that I mentioned earlier...but Hare did did "harmless but painful shocks. Milgrim shocked confederates (students that were in on the experiment) to see if non-confederates (participants) would still crank up electric shocks on "subjects" if demanded to do so by authorities.
Milgrim is the go-to study when people talk about research that had to do with electical shocks.

Linda, your link is simply the study Hare did that I mentioned earlier...but Hare did NOT shock anyone. Milgrim shocked confederates (students that were in on the experiment) to see if non-confederates (participants) would still crank up electric shocks on "subjects" if demanded to do so by authorities.
Milgrim is the go-to study when people talk about research that had to do with electical shocks.

Not the same one, I'm trying to figure out how to cut and paste with the ipad....without much success.

Dr.Hare also conducted a shock study. Hang on....I'll figure out how to cut and paste if it kills me:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member