trial day 31: the defense continues it's case in chief #88

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she remember every, last stinking detail and has relived it over and over these past years. When Jodi looked at the crime scene photos and the picture with Travis and her foot her posture reminds me of a dog that took a scrap of meat from the table and got caught. jmo

That was indeed a very bizarre, almost gleeful, reaction to seeing that picture.

Like I said, I don't buy the complete amnesia but I can see the possibility that she was traumatized and has "blocked" out certain parts of it.

ITA, she used the whole religion thing to make herself more appealing to Travis. Unfortunately, Travis saw the "ugly" Jodi...conversion or no conversion.

She never, ever, ever had any intention of being a devout and faithful Mormon -- or any other religion for that matter. She is like a cult leader who uses religion to coerce and manipulate others for their own gratification.

That was indeed a very bizarre, almost gleeful, reaction to seeing that picture.

Like I said, I don't buy the complete amnesia but I can see the possibility that she was traumatized and has "blocked" out certain parts of it.

Ohhhhhhhhh. So that's why she was standing on her head while waiting for Flores to put cuffs on her. Trying "unblock" those arteries. Just kidding, minor4th. I know you are just trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. I don't think she feels, like anything, ever. She is truly was waste of a human body. jmo

Nothing personal ... but I kinda hate you .... It's 10 below zero here in Alberta Canada.

Just kidding ... I don't really hate you. But ...... it IS really that cold here. Brrrrrrr!!

I can tell you this trial has been very heated though ... so even though the weather is not keeping me warm ... my blood pressure is (shall we say) UP THERE!!

Enjoy your balmy weather you lucky peeps!! And ... um (sigh) ... hey ... don't worry about me freezing away in the "great white north" :banghead: :waiting:

frankly I'd rather trade you lol

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

She's sending so many hints to the jury that she shouldn't roam free ever again, including a prison situation where inmates can gather together. She's like a grenade, and there's no predicting when some innocent person might inadvertantly pull the pin.

At times, I get the feeling that Jodi would like nothing more than to be able to tell the world in excruciating detail every last thing about her planning and commission of the murder. She thinks she was clever and she wants everyone to understand and appreciate how capable she is of brutality and ruthlessness IMO

What bothers me is that the jury isn't aware of or privy to what we all have seen and now know, such as the video of the headstand etc. If a jury is to render a true verdict, they need to know it all. Her actions are on video, so no subjective interpretation can be made. It' a clear representation of her actions in that situation. There's so much the jury doesn't know. It scares me to think I could be a juror who wants to do my very best and then find out later very pertinent information wasn't allowed or admitted.
I pray the jury just uses common sense. It doesn't add up. She planned the murder.

Ohhhhhhhhh. So that's why she was standing on her head while waiting for Flores to put cuffs on her. Trying "unblock" those arteries. Just kidding, minor4th. I know you are just trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. I don't think she feels, like anything, ever. She is truly was waste of a human body. jmo

I am NOT trying to give her the benefit of the doubt at all. I think she is evil incarnate, and I think it's very possible that she feels nothing other than anger and frustration at times.

I guess I find it hard to imagine how such a horrific event could NOT effect a person in some significant psychological way.

Okay everyone. Please don't be mad at me, but can anyone give me the best site to get all of the trial testimony. I have "disneymom69" on YouTube in my bookmarks. But, I was kinda looking for something that has a list of daily testimony from Day 1 .. to Day "whatever" ....

Sorry .. I'm sure this has been posted, but I'm a little on the lazy side and don't know how to go about finding the best resource for replaying testimony.

Thank you everyone. :seeya:

I am NOT trying to give her the benefit of the doubt at all. I think she is evil incarnate, and I think it's very possible that she feels nothing other than anger and frustration at times.

I guess I find it hard to imagine how such a horrific event could NOT effect a person in some significant psychological way.

It's because she's a psychopath. There is nothing traumatizing about witnessing or committing brutality to a person incapable of empathy.

At times, I get the feeling that Jodi would like nothing more than to be able to tell the world in excruciating detail every last thing about her planning and commission of the murder. She thinks she was clever and she wants everyone to understand and appreciate how capable she is of brutality and ruthlessness IMO

And I'm willing to bet she will once convicted. She will blame it on Travis for not dying right away and that is why she was caught. jmo

A pathological liar i'm certain can lie to the "experts". I don't think there is one single case study of a woman such as Jodi doing this to another human being so there are no other cases to compare to.

As far as PTSD goes... most times it also includes the physical body and Jodi has not proven any physical body damage except for her stupid finger she sliced stabbing Travis.

I don't find Dr Samuels credible. moo and I can't wait for Juan to grip his teeth into him!

Either way, she's guilty of premeditated murder and has lied about so many things that it doesn't matter whether she's telling the truth about her memory loss or not. And, by the way, even if she does have some problems recalling every detail, I do not for a moment believe she has complete amnesia about everything other than the shooting -- so she's lying about it either way.

croakerqueen ?

Okay everyone. Please don't be mad at me, but can anyone give me the best site to get all of the trial testimony. I have "disneymom69" on YouTube in my bookmarks. But, I was kinda looking for something that has a list of daily testimony from Day 1 .. to Day "whatever" ....

Sorry .. I'm sure this has been posted, but I'm a little on the lazy side and don't know how to go about finding the best resource for replaying testimony.

Thank you everyone. :seeya:

Hi Observer in AZ! I didn't realize you had referenced Heaven's Gate in your posts yesterday, but great minds think alike....

I can't be the only one who, upon hearing Jodi's third or fourth or fifth version of her voicemail to Travis after she murdered him, expected to hear her say "I'm breezy!" (tm Monica in Friends) -- I also think she was being a bit "breezy" in that video with the headstand.

Unlike many people here, I do believe it's a very real possibility that Jodi has PTSD from the brutal acts she committed. PTSD does not always follow exactly the same pattern in every individual. I think her attending the memorial service was her way of trying to appear innocent, and I think she could behave in such a way even if she was blocking the experience of having committed a brutal murder.

As far as driving by the house -- I don't remember if she wanted to go in or not, but I do recall that she asked Flores how she could retrieve her items from Travis' house. I can see her doing this if she had an unclear memory of what she had done -- she may have wanted to see the crime scene to try to make sense of what she had done and piece together whatever evidence she could find. Same with her wanting to see the crime scene photos.

I do think it's a real possibility that Jodi does not remember clearly all that happened during the murder, whether that's PTSD or not. I do not, however, believe that she has complete amnesia of every single thing that happened other than shooting Travis in the head.

There is no doubt, a lot of things occurred in a very short time, I tend to think she does not remember everything, I don't think anyone doing the same would. However, the current claim of PTSD flies in the face of the forensic evidence. Forensics indicate the stabbing activity occured before the gunshot. How is it possible for PTSD to block out the first round of activity but not the second? Jodi's story of shooting Travis first is simply not probable nor possible. I believe it is possible she remembers the exact order of activities (not to imply she remembers every stab) and has concocted this whole story to avoid admitting she shot the man after she slit his throat and he was already quite dead. It appears much less depraved in the order she portrays and the PTSD issue is being thrown out to imply she was out of her mind, wasn't conscious of what she was doing after she shot him and therefore should be excused for it.

No excuse in my world. Her whole testimony of how this went down was made up in an effort to minimize the horrific manner in which she killed Travis. Dr. Samuels is the plea for sympathy or the excuse provider, one or the other, possibly both. How convenient he does not record his sessions, how very convenient he talks about "fog" - no doubt in my mind where Jodi learned that trick pony.

Now you're talking.

Her soul which would be effected is gone. Probably was never there to begin with. jmo

I agree the human mind will block out trauma whether you are the perpetrator or victim.. Even if we were committing it, does not mean we don't feel panic and trauma at the time. I actually think she thought it would be like the movies, kill him in the shower so the mess stays in there! Easy and clean. That is the one thing that went very wrong for her and yes, I think she flipped out...walking as he crawled moaning, trying to ask for help and she was saying SHUT UP! (like she said the Ninja said) she did not expect this disaster of a crime scene.. so yes, she fogged up. Can she remember if she tries.. Yes, sure.. I don't believe she is foggy about the gun and knife at all...I don't believe rope was ever in any scenario...the little fibers were incidental. I can picture her hyperventilating and in sheer panic.

She did this once and screwed it up bad.. But I am so afraid if she got out, she would do this again and be much better at it and she won't be as traumatized next time. But I know she would kill again

The only relevance is to persuade the jury that she is not totally lying about having no memory of the murder events, other than the shooting (much of which she fabricated IMO).

This expert has nothing at all to do with her responsibility, and IMO has nothing at all to do with the premeditation issue or anything else other than to give some credence to Jodi's seemingly convenient amnesia.

She may or may not have 'some memory impairment' related to the killing, but she has lied so often and in such a matter-of-fact manner that I don't think I could sort the memory issue from the lying issue, and so I'd disregard her testimony in its entirety. Is that even legal? Can jurors disregard ALL of her testimony if they can't trust it? [Meh... I don't believe any of her defense. And the 'learned' psychologist, who specializes in traumatic disorders, has had trauma mis-spelled on his website since July of 2011. (The jury won't know that though.)] ← that's me being petty about the mis-spelling
ETA: I definitely need to be faster posting. By the time I get it posted, it's irrelevant. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anthonyvaneaton