trial day 31: the defense continues it's case in chief #88

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you all been discussing the song JA was singing in just before she was arrested by Mesa PD?

[video=youtube;4zYPCihqfO0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zYPCihqfO0[/video]

JVM is touching on this now.

Her stories are just so absurd. Who, in the middle of a roll in the hay, stretches a rope across a bedroom, down a hall, and into a bathroom to cut it with a knife? No scissors in the house? Why didn't he just stretch it out the door and down the stairs- it's ludicrous. As I write this, who brings that much rope to tie someone to a bed. :waitasec:

Exactly and he just happened to have gotten this rope in case she phoned on her way to Utah and dropped by so he could tie her up??:banghead:

Also seen a pic posted on another site showing his kitchen counter with a knife set that had a pair of scissors in it but of course he grabbed a knife instead.:rocker:

Another day off. IMO this judge does not like to work. She is letting the attorneys run her courtroom. This trial is never going to end at this rate of speed.

She is not off, neither are the attorneys. They still work. I imagine they may have given the jurors a day to catch up on their outside lives. It really is great for the jurors to have that three day weekend. Many of them may go to work on Fridays and catch up with whatever is left pending during the week. This has been a long trial and I can see the consideration for the jury giving them one day during the week off. Jodi's not going anywhere. jmo

I would love for the jury to see the headstand video. As weird as it was, the headstand doesn't creep me out nearly as much as the inappropriate laughing, the worry about her make up, and digging through a trash can. I'm surprised she didn't reach around, pat herself on the back and tell herself she was giving her best acting performance ever. The defense had the option to go with insanity but chose not to.

I would love to know what happened prior to Travis sending the sociopath text. She had done a lot of things to him and his friends which he chose to overlook but I think something major happened the day the text was sent. Something that really sickened him.

I agree with you. He already knew she had followed him on a date, she had already shown up at his house unannounced and uninvited, she'd hacked into his facebook, possibly into his bank account, I can't imagine what she did then that was so horrible that he would finally cut things off with that text!

I wonder if the email he sent her was found. If it was, wouldn't it have already been presented?

I agree...it's not relevant. I'm also not buying ANY of her memory claims. None of these memory issues came up until well after all of her other "versions" were debunked so much, that even SHE thought they were ridiculous. All of the wanting to drive by and see his house and wanting to see the crime photos was all about "What have they got on me?" IMO, I see nothing but a sociopath thinking she's smartest one in the room...confirmed by the giggling, singing and make-up worries five minutes after she was pretending to be crying for Travis in the Flores interrogation.

ITA, and someone in a "fog" does not have the presence of mind to attempt to clean up the scene, gather incrimidating evidence to dispose of, delete pictures, etc. In other words, complete complex tasks. It's convenient to claim a lack of memory to the things you can't easily explain away.

Exactly and he just happened to have gotten this rope in case she phoned on her way to Utah and dropped by so he could tie her up??:banghead:

Also seen a pic posted on another site showing his kitchen counter with a knife set that had a pair of scissors in it but of course he grabbed a knife instead.:rocker:

Nice catch. I've seen that pic before but didn't think of the scissors being right there with the knives.

Isn't it creepy how she says '*advertiser censored**ing kill you, *****' .. If you change the emphasis she might have said it to herself '*advertiser censored**ing KILL, you *****'. Wouldn't he have said 'I'll *advertiser censored**ing kill YOU, you *****!'?

The way she says it sounds like a call to arms.

She made sure to correct JM and said "*advertiser censored**** kill you b****. She will not admit to the "I'll." I find that really strange????? jmo

After watching the "headstand" clip it occurred to me she has not suffered from PTSD as she is healthy enough to do headstands.

If you are suffering from this disorder, I don't think you'd be as energetic as she is.

Isn't it creepy how she says '*advertiser censored**ing kill you, *****' .. If you change the emphasis she might have said it to herself '*advertiser censored**ing KILL, you *****'. Wouldn't he have said 'I'll *advertiser censored**ing kill YOU, you *****!'?

The way she says it sounds like a call to arms.
When JM first started her cross, she muttered under her breath and mouthed something. We were trying to sort out what she said and someone suggested "Son of a b***ch", when I went back to look at it, I was left with the impression that she said "Can do this b***ch". With the extended video we just saw where she's talking to herself about make-up, and what you're suggesting above, I really do think that she talks to herself this way.

moo

ETA - I just remembered, she also told Dett. Flores (Ninja story) that "I just ran out of there like a chicken ch*t b***ch."

After watching the "headstand" clip it occurred to me she has not suffered from PTSD as she is healthy enough to do headstands.

If you are suffering from this disorder, I don't think you'd be as energetic as she is.

The headstand was just to get some color in her cheeks...:D

She made sure to correct JM and said "*advertiser censored**** kill you b****. She will not admit to the "I'll." I find that really strange????? jmo

I thought that exchange was particularly strange ... I hope it wont pop up later during the testimony of the expert witnesses .. Not as a threat to kill, but as something else perhaps?

I think she will kill again if she gets out or maybe even in general population in prison. She keeps saying this fog started in her teens, are we sure something didn't happen at that age? The police ought to look into that, she wouldn't be the first one to kill someone and it only comes to light years later.
I don't think of Jodi as a woman anymore, I think of her as a killer, stalker and psycho.

Yeah and her parents had behaviour problems with her! One could discount as a typical teenager! But I think there's something more deep seeded.
I've seen her mothers behaviour in the courtroom with her sister! I don't know if there's something in that apple tree! Hats been hidden by her family.:floorlaugh:

When JM first started her cross, she muttered under her breath and mouthed something. We were trying to sort out what she said and someone suggested "Son of a b***ch", when I went back to look at it, I was left with the impression that she said "Can do this b***ch". With the extended video we just saw where she's talking to herself about make-up, and what you're suggesting above, I really do think that she talks to herself this way.

moo

I think she talks to herself as well. Have seen her do it lots of time over there hiding behind the screen in front of Wilmott. Jabbers on.

Yeah and her parents had behaviour problems with her! One could discount as a typical teenager! But I think there's something more deep seeded.
I've seen her mothers behaviour in the courtroom with her sister! I don't know if there's something in that apple tree! Hats been hidden by her family.:floorlaugh:

Years of stealing from the family restaurants perhaps? Just a guess.

I just find it so much easier when I choose to disbelieve everything she says. A lot of her lies are obvious and most are self serving-----this 'camping trip' is both to me.

I don't believe anything she says except for the fact that she killed him.

The rest? Zero.

Easier, to be sure, but there appear to be kernels of truth here and there that I find valuable in trying to figure out just what did happen. Her description of TA being 'on all four of his knees' holding [the right side of] his head rings chillingly true and fits with the autopsy report.

Her description of not being able to chill out on the couch as she normally would as TA put furniture on the couch so he could clean appears to be true, inasmuch his roommate said he found the couch like that and took the furniture off it a few days later.

I try to listen carefully for these nuggets of truth and I suspect Detective Flores does too. He sits there intently listening to her the days he's in court.

If you had been so traumatized that you lost your memory would you be planning on going on a camping trip with a bunch of men you did not know well but felt you could do it because you just purchased a gun. Why purchase the gun in the first place???? I would think with all that trauma you just experienced you wouldn't touch a gun with a 9 foot pole. But you are considering camping with a bunch of men you obviously don't trust. These men are very, very lucky. I hope they realize that. Jodi is a serial killer the State of Arizona just happened to catch on their first try. I hope that is clear to this jury. What is really chilling is her remark about her previous bf's still being alive. jmo

Among so many other jaw-droppers, this AMAZED me when she stated it in court because it basically says, "Yeah, I'd be OK shooting another person." And of course she delivered this BOMBSHELL! with her usual blah demeanor, like "no big!" Coincidentally, that same day, I was scheduled to go meet a group of friends at the local pub - a regular gathering but on this day it happened that I was going to be the only woman. I admit I actually KNOW these guys, but still it never crossed my mind taht anything would "happen" because they would be drinking and I'd be the only woman. Who voluntarily puts themself in such a situation? Of course, Jodi's scenario is likely imaginary.

Does anyone know if the writer who is authoring "Picture Perfect" is likely to produce a well-researched, detailed book? I am interested in knowing so much more about Jodi's way of life - why she had so many jobs, whether she ever did in fact have female friends, was she typically scattered or disordered so taht she spent lots of time on the road, driving restlessly (not sure why I that impression; seems like Ted Bundy or someone was known for that and it's stuck in my head). I want this book to be solid and informative and not just sensationalistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member