trial day 31: the defense continues it's case in chief #88

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree...it's not relevant. I'm also not buying ANY of her memory claims. None of these memory issues came up until well after all of her other "versions" were debunked so much, that even SHE thought they were ridiculous. All of the wanting to drive by and see his house and wanting to see the crime photos was all about "What have they got on me?" IMO, I see nothing but a sociopath thinking she's smartest one in the room...confirmed by the giggling, singing and make-up worries five minutes after she was pretending to be crying for Travis in the Flores interrogation.

ITA: And don't many killers like to return to scene of the crime? I think the defense is trying to spare her the death penalty.

Well he wasn't standing on a side table to take that either, the angles are all wrong, unless the table was moved, but then wouldn't you just stand on the chair or ottoman to the left of the bed and take the pic from another angle?

Oh well, it seems he did take the photos of her, I was hoping she'd done it on her own :(

He also DELETED them. Probably as soon as he had the opportunity. When JA picked up the camera and realized THAT, I'll bet she wasn't too happy... :twocents:

There is only one thing I just can't understand. TA sends the text that he wants nothing to do with her, he tells JA she is evil (which he did get that right), and he probably never answered her phone calls and/or text messages on her way to Mesa, but then it is obvious that there was something going on that day.

I think she probably weaseled her way in with a check for the car payment, but Why did he let her in and then have something with her?(whatever it was)??? He obviously posed for those photos when he was lying down on the bed, and the time stamping was an internal clock so it could not be manipulated, so was she that persuasive? Personally, I don't think she is that great looking, but I am not a guy.
Another thing, when you listen to Marie Hall, she was adament that TA was not the man for her. She told TA that it was only a friendship between them, but I think TA lived in a bit in a fantasy world thinking that he could change the way she felt. Marie Hall is definitely a woman who knows her own mind and it just wasn't going to happen.
But anyway, TA telling JA that him and Marie was something he saw as destiny was a huge mistake, the one that probably did him in.

Juan has them separated into the snippets he wants to play.

Ok, that makes some sense. I figured that might be the case. Thought they had played all of her phone calls in their entirety. You'd think they could get them as separate tracks on 1 disk and then submit that 1 for evidence, but that might not be "allowed."

Anyways - thank you for the explanation. I was feeling bad for the guy having to keep changing them out. :D

What's even crazier is why she would choose to take that one, (unrelated to the murder) item. She lift hand prints, lots of blood, camera, ect, but she remembered to take a rope that had no incriminating value?
Nope, never existed.

I think what happened there is when she grabbed the laundry the camera was in there and she forgot. Fog brain. Remember she said she put her laptop in the laundry basket when her grandparents house got robbed. It was crunch time for her she knew those roommates could come home at any time.

There is only one thing I just can't understand. TA sends the text that he wants nothing to do with her, he tells JA she is evil (which he did get that right), and he probably never answered her phone calls and/or text messages on her way to Mesa, but then it is obvious that there was something going on that day.

I think she probably weaseled her way in with a check for the car payment, but Why did he let her in and then have something with her?(whatever it was)??? He obviously posed for those photos when he was lying down on the bed, and the time stamping was an internal clock so it could not be manipulated, so was she that persuasive? Personally, I don't think she is that great looking, but I am not a guy.
Another thing, when you listen to Marie Hall, she was adament that TA was not the man for her. She told TA that it was only a friendship between them, but I think TA lived in a bit in a fantasy world thinking that he could change the way she felt. Marie Hall is definitely a woman who knows her own mind and it just wasn't going to happen.
But anyway, TA telling JA that him and Marie was something he saw as destiny was a huge mistake, the one that probably did him in.

Oh yeah!! But what's the bet he told JA that hoping she'd take the hint and move on?

Well he wasn't standing on a side table to take that either, the angles are all wrong, unless the table was moved, but then wouldn't you just stand on the chair or ottoman to the left of the bed and take the pic from another angle?

Oh well, it seems he did take the photos of her, I was hoping she'd done it on her own :(

Ok.. she was an aspiring photographer... could she not had a tripod?

(btw 1st time I saw the graphic pics WOW several things hit my mind at one time but I'll refrain but again WOW & EGADS)

Oooohhhhh JVM sort of referred to JAs diggin in trash in "new" video as kinda like a Kaiser Solcay (sp?) Usual Suspects ie create a story around things you see in the area around you during questioning. (see Kevin Spacey in PD station in Usual Suspects)

My favorite bit from JVM tonight was, "She's singing 'Here with Me,' from Dido but she needs to be singing, 'Superfreak.'"

I think the only advice Baez could give Nurmi is wear a nice matching pocket hankie, and keep your finger out of your nose :furious:.

and please can we add, to stop yanking on his little pee pee:furious:

I am NOT trying to give her the benefit of the doubt at all. I think she is evil incarnate, and I think it's very possible that she feels nothing other than anger and frustration at times.

I guess I find it hard to imagine how such a horrific event could NOT effect a person in some significant psychological way.

IIRC, Mormon Attorney wrote an incredibly thoughtful and enlightening post on Associative Disorder. In her post, she indicated that JA had characteristics that reminded her of the children she fights so hard for. IMO, the post was hard for her to write and one could feel the pain in her words. After reading her post, I started reading about Associative Disorder and I began to understand what she was talking about as it relates to JA. Ignored and untreated it can lead to sociopathy. As we try and wrap our heads around the ability for a person to commit such a heinous murder, we are attributing "normalcy" to JA. So is she "truly" evil, the devil incarnate, or a result of the people around her unwittingly or unknowingly indulging her behavior? I don't know. I have been struggling with this ever since I read MA's post. I do hope that the jury convicts her and she never ever sees the outside of a prison ever again. To Minor's point, I think there is another way to look at things. Respectfully, IMO.

I tend to agree with you. What I don't understand is the value of proving that she has real memory issues - her not being able to recall the killing does not make her any less responsible, or take away from the premeditation, or the brutality. In other words, so f'ng what that she can't remember, she obviously planned it and did it. So why is the defense spending any time on this at all???

I think when you're claiming self defense and you don't have a single person or a single piece of evidence that shows the victim is violent, you're sort of stuck putting the defendant on the stand. Once you do that, everyone wants to know what happened. The prosecution is certainly going to ask you about it. Saying you simply don't remember doesn't cut it. The defense needs to explain why you don't remember.

I'm inclined not to believe she has PTSD because she's a sociopath/psychopath and doesn't have an emotional center to be affected. But even if she does have it, her demeanor is such that we will never know. On the rare occasions when she shows emotion, it seem fake and rehearsed. When she talks about the events that caused the alleged PTSD they're no different than her discussion about what she had for lunch one day at Olive Garden. JMO

I disagree the jury wants this trial over and that should be the judges main concern, is the jury. Since they are not sequestered it makes it even harder, because they can't discuss the case or be around anyone or anything to do with the case. They are not enjoying anything right now.
Who has a job they can go to only when they happen to get days off juror duty? Possibly someone who works for themselves from home - but what I'm getting at is, they have to pay these jurors for every day from the beginning of the trial to the end. (Someone posted they may get up to $300/day for an extended trial.)
Wouldn't it be less expensive to hire another judge, and just get it done and over with? It would be so much better for not only the jurors, but for Travis' family. This long drawn out search for final justice must be testing their endurance as well as their hearts.

i think JM took care of this whole rope story and the knife cutting the rope. there was no reason to cut the rope even if there WAS a rope. and the way she says TA did it is completely unbelievable.

Exactly. She said she held one end of the rope and Travis had the other end and it was stretched from the bedroom to the bathroom. That's Jodi covering 2 rooms and an excuse why the knife could be in either off them. I hate her.

Exactly and he just happened to have gotten this rope in case she phoned on her way to Utah and dropped by so he could tie her up??:banghead:

Also seen a pic posted on another site showing his kitchen counter with a knife set that had a pair of scissors in it but of course he grabbed a knife instead.:rocker:

And remember, not just any knife but a 5" (or bigger) knife to cut a skimpy braided rope. If you look at the picture of the rope/braid laying on the steps in the forensic photos, it's very thin. Who, in their right mind chooses a huge knife to cut a little rope? Why stop there, why not a chain saw? Geesh! Of course, IMO, there was NO rope.

I'm not sure who it was that posted and asked, can the jury choose not to use JA's testimony because they think she was lying on the stand. YES, the jury can throw her whole testimony out in deliberation if they believe she lied under oath.

The camping trip is totally a lie. We have to remember that she knew that she was a suspect for the murder (friends of Travis had already named her on day one....those were the rumors she was hearing). I believe that the 9mm was for her new road trip to eradicate each individual that seen her during her "road trip to murder Travis"

I think when you're claiming self defense and you don't have a single person or a single piece of evidence that shows the victim is violent, you're sort of stuck putting the defendant on the stand. Once you do that, everyone wants to know what happened. The prosecution is certainly going to ask you about it. Saying you simply don't remember doesn't cut it. The defense needs to explain why you don't remember.

I'm inclined not to believe she has PTSD because she's a sociopath/psychopath and doesn't have an emotional center to be affected. But even if she does have it, her demeanor is such that we will never know. On the rare occasions when she shows emotion, it seem fake and rehearsed. When she talks about the events that caused the alleged PTSD they're no different than her discussion about what she had for lunch one day at Olive Garden. JMO

Agree, great post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member