trial day 32: the defense continues it's case in chief #91

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think I can handle anymore of Samuels.....to me, its just irrelevant. So she has PTSD...from killing him...so what.....it has nothing to do with the fact that she killed him, in cold blood.

Exactly. I hope cross goes like this:

JM: So a person with amnesia and/or PTSD may not be a victim of a crime at all, but the sole perpetrator of a violent murder?

Samuels: Yes.

JM: Nothing further your honour.

VACATE: another waste of time from the defense :furious:

I know!!!! :banghead: I am so disappointed with this Judge, I can hardly contain myself. Although I am not an attorney, several years of my administrative career involved working as a legal assistant. It's almost like she is sabotaging this trial .... or she is just out of her league. She sustains and overrules in all the wrong places (IMO) and seems to be so afraid of adjudicating in favor of the defence.

She seems to have NO respect for her jury. So many of these "hearings" etc. could be handled outside the time of the jury. This court is so very disrespectful. I am starting to fear some kind of "quick-let's-get-out-of-here" verdict. I really am starting to get concerned. There is absolutely NO need for this trial to be going on this long ... and I think it is caused by the DT. Please put my thoughts at ease ... I am getting a little scared :please:. Tell me I'm wrong .... :panic:

HLN has lost it. The fog horn thing is totaly rediculous. Now we got Baez on board to chase someone around a closet? They are nuts.

They have become a bit irreverent lately, but I don't blame them - this trial has its humorous (ridiculous) aspects, despite the seriousness of it all

Jean C and whatshisface defense attorney on HLN seem to think this isn't such a bad thing for the DT.... saying JM has to be careful on cross now and the defense can bring up some of the points during closing arguments. :what:

So let me be sure I understand, they want to wait for JM to make a mistake? :facepalm:

And so sorry that you had to hear Samuels' talk about Arias and soldiers. I got so mad when I heard that. :furious:

I would assume that with all these men on the jury that at least a few are vets and would be more than:furious: at that "doctor" for comparing JA and war vets.

Okay, Steely, everyone was concerned about you because we hadn't heard from you this weekend. I hope you have an appropriate Jodi-esque story about a secret mission in Afghanistan or abduction by aliens.

Just please don't say you went away for the weekend like a normal person because those of us who have no life will just be crushed. :floorlaugh:

It was an exhausting weekend. I did in fact go to Afghanistan. I interviewed all of the troops that "knew" JA. Well I meant I interviewed EVERY soldier.

Hi Websleuther's!

I guess I missed whatever just went on!

I figured, it would be OK to be late since they always start late in this trial. :what:

Hi King Tut!! My welcome smilies aren't working this morning, so you only get the big font....sorry.

WELCOME!!!!!

o/t'ish but I went through a prolonged period where my smileys would not work and I figured out a way to kind of circumvent the problem.... not sure if it would help you but let me know if you would like me to tell you how

Maybe he was trying to bait the trashcan to see if raccoon JA would go through the garbage :floorlaugh: oops, didn't mean to insult raccoons!

I know...geez.

Raccoons typically have cleaner feet when they do headstands.

OFGS! Defense team, why couldn't you have just conceded to that last week???? GRRRRRR

Perhaps they just wanted JM to have to work on this (rather than something else) over the break... wasting his time on what they knew would be a red herring so he couldn't gain more ground on substantial things.

I don't think it would be very smart, because as Beth K said, he's 3 steps ahead of everyone anyway... (and has probably argued against Samuels before).

Just a thought. Might simply be a tactic like this. Not saying I agree with it!

An expert what, magazine peruser?

Seriously, I've never disregarded any professional who testifies because I usually say "Well, they are the expert"....this one though, as soon as I found out that he garnered any modicum of an opinion from a Time Magazine article he was about as useful at t*ts on a bull for me at that point!

It may mean nothing but...I just completed my Masters in Psychology and if we turned in ANY paper using something Time magazine as a reference for one of our research papers we would get a crappy grade. There are tons of "peer reviewed" journals he could have used.....but he chose Time? Weird...

I know!!!! :banghead: I am so disappointed with this Judge, I can hardly contain myself. Although I am not an attorney, several years of my administrative career involved working as a legal assistant. It's almost like she is sabotaging this trial .... or she is just out of her league. She sustains and overrules in all the wrong places (IMO) and seems to be so afraid of adjudicating in favor of the defence.

She seems to have NO respect for her jury. So many of these "hearings" etc. could be handled outside the time of the jury. This court is so very disrespectful. I am starting to fear some kind of "quick-let's-get-out-of-here" verdict. I really am starting to get concerned. There is absolutely NO need for this trial to be going on this long ... and I think it is caused by the DT. Please put my thoughts at ease ... I am getting a little scared :please:. Tell me I'm wrong .... :panic:

This Judge is exactly as you say BUT this jury will get it right. :)

This FOG is bringing to the forefront the sequence of events. The ME said the stabs came first, which would mean she remembered the ENTIRE event.

1) Stabbing, throat slitting
2) Gun shot
3) FOG
4) BS

Gus and Samuels could be twins. They look alike and they are both <mod snip>!

Can someone clarify for me?

According to Jodi's story she shot Travis first, then went in search of a knife. Where did she say the knife was? Didn't she say Travis knocked the gun out of her hand to explain why she didn't shoot him twice? Wouldn't Travis then have gone for the gun and shot her? While she was running for the knife, wouldn't she have kept running, believing (1) Travis was hot on her trail with the gun or (2) Travis was chasing her without the gun? In either case, any sane person would keep running, not retrieve a weapon and turn back toward the person after them. No reason to think the gun is unloaded NOW, is there? No reason to believe there was only one bullet in it, was there?

Great questions. But I have no answers for you because this is when Jodi's fognesia kicked in. She never said what exactly happened to the gun or where she got the knife from.

Bring on the defendant.

dogteeth_zps936d70ce.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads