trial day 32: the defense continues it's case in chief #91

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jodi is lucky to the version of PTSD she claims. I know people with PTSD have horrible flashback and memories and would love to trade places with her. Her convenient amnesia reminds of cheesy soap operas. I don't believe she suffering from that at all. You can take a test on PTSD and answer the way you would expect someone that suffers from PTSD would and get the same answers.

I always thought that people with PTSD had intrusive memories rather than memory loss.

Gus and Samuels could be twins. They look alike and they are both <mod snip>!
2z56w48.png

Wondering how to achieve a split screen...right now I have my iPad to view and thank comments and my laptop to watch the trial- but I suck at trying to type/keep up on my iPad....
Thanks in advance...:)

After reading about Juan adding a walmart and Tesoro witness to his rebuttal witness list, the defense should just admit Jodi's guilt and save us all the trouble. :p (I can dream, can't I?)

What if JM has no questions for "Dr." Samuels? Or, better yet, can JM ask about the sanction in New Jersey?

JA is done on the stand, but we may have a bombshell coming from Dr. Samuels, of all people, with respect to the knife.

When JM was doing his cross of JA after the jurors questions, he went on a line of questioning about manipulating the crime scene. More specific questions were asked about JA's shoes and the knife. JM started to ask her if she remembered "telling a psychologist or someone with a PhD that you (she) had moved items"...KN objected and a side bar was held.

JM did not further pursue that line of questioning.

Listen around the 15:00 mark:
Jodi Arias Trial - Day 30 - Part 2 - YouTube

It would seem that in one of the reports JM received from one of the experts, there is a statement where JA indicated she had moved items. I doubt that he would have pursued this unless it was the knife. It will blow the cover on her lack of memory.

My guess is that it was Samuels she told this to, not the DV expert Laviolette. Maybe this is one of the bombshells KatieCool alluded to?

Perhaps they just wanted JM to have to work on this (rather than something else) over the break... wasting his time on what they knew would be a red herring so he couldn't gain more ground on substantial things.

I don't think it would be very smart, because as Beth K said, he's 3 steps ahead of everyone anyway... (and has probably argued against Samuels before).

Just a thought. Might simply be a tactic like this. Not saying I agree with it!

Has we forgotten that there was a "death" in the defense family at the end of last week? It would be a real coincidence had it been Samuels who dropped dead but, I don't know who it was that died.

They have become a bit irreverent lately, but I don't blame them - this trial has its humorous (ridiculous) aspects, despite the seriousness of it all

I'm curious about their to-scale model of Travis' bed/bathroom... and if they'll do a reenactment using that. Thought I heard something about Ryan Smith trying to climb up on the closet shelves. Don't know what materials they're using to build this recreation, but even if the materials aren't accurate, if it's to scale and they do a decent reenactment (based on JA's testimony) it could be interesting (unless it's anything like their 'body slam' reenactment' - what a farce.

If nothing else, I just want to get a better sense of the room/s from a different vantage point. Hope their mock-up provides this.

Whether JB is there or not doesn't really interest me.

OT: Hope you all had a chance to read Katiecoolady's thread. If not, it is a fascinating read. A lot was shared by many posters. It is very heartwarming and wonderful. Please do read it when you get a chance. TIA

I do not get!
This not nurmi and Wilma's first rodeo! Why would they risk putting someone up there like Samuels?
Don't they realize from all their years in practice! That your witness needs to be in good prossionel standing. Did they not run a background on him! And missed his New Jersey thingie?
Or they couldn't get anyone credible to say what they wanted.

Why isn't court held on Fridays????? And part B, why isn't court held on Saturdays so 18 people can get back to their lives more exponentially?

A death penalty case should be held to a higher standard and regard than 'ordinary' cases and certain provisions should be upheld. Starting with 18 jurors being sequestered. This way they're closer to the courthouse and have less chance of reading/watching or talking over the case with family that they're comfortable with.

I disagree. Jurors have personal lives as well. They have medical appointments, children, families and other things that require them to have some sort of normalcy during these long trials. IMO-they shouldn't be sequestered, it makes them feel angry, isolated from their daily lives, and in my opinion, their verdicts are rushed. I can't imagine these jurors having to be in a hotel with no contact with their normal lives for the past two months. This trial started in January and it doesn't look like it will end until April.

Until we revamp the entire jury system, paying a good wage, training and educating jurors, this is what we are stuck with.

My frustrating is with the courts, allowing this to drag on. But, it's a death penalty case and we don't want it overturned on appeal. The judge can't step in and crack the whip now, she has already set the tone of the trial.

JMO

It may mean nothing but...I just completed my Masters in Psychology and if we turned in ANY paper using something Time magazine as a reference for one of our research papers we would get a crappy grade. There are tons of "peer reviewed" journals he could have used.....but he chose Time? Weird...

I mean, really! I also noted that the articles he quoted are the first few footnoted at wiki. Now, that could be because they are seminal articles, but they seemed rather out of date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carmenbellaxx