trial day 32: the defense continues it's case in chief #91

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
hello all,

re-watch jm ask ja those last couple of questions after the jury on last wed . the question about ja going to her bishop to confess about sex but she did not tell him she killed ta, imo that was powerful. jmo

I completely agree, I think the Jurors will pick up on that too.

They'd probably be glad to have it to talk about, to be honest.

JC went on to say that Samuels made some good points about her memory and that some of us can probably relate and forgotten certain things that were emotional or stressful for us, but probably not to the degree that JA did. When something happens to me that is emotional, I remember every minute detail of it. I'm gonna have to start muting the TV when she's on, I think.
Quoting myself to add that she also said the jurors are focused, but that waiting around for court to start, like today, are probably frustrating them. Apparently she isn't informed well enough to know that they were told not to be there until 11 today so they aren't "waiting around" today. At least not yet, but hey, the day is young! I'm sure they'll wait plenty.

Wondering how to achieve a split screen...right now I have my iPad to view and thank comments and my laptop to watch the trial- but I suck at trying to type/keep up on my iPad....
Thanks in advance...:)

Well, there might be another option but I just manipulate the size of the two different browsers in a way that I can put wo browsers next to each other on my screen.

ETA: I forgot. You can also right click on the browsers on your taskbar and then tile the browser windows.

2z56w48.png

please put a warning on this!!

OT: Hope you all had a chance to read Katiecoolady's thread. If not, it is a fascinating read. A lot was shared by many posters. It is very heartwarming and wonderful. Please do read it when you get a chance. TIA

Can you please share the link? Thanks!

By the way, I have blacked out once or twice in my life. I got out of a car and walked down the center of a road for a long distance and don't remeber I thing about it so it can happen. HLN can take that fog horn and put it somewhere.

My 12 yr old daughter jumped off a galloping horse (she was wearing a helmut) and feel into the center of a road and suffered a moment of amnesia while she was unconscious. I think JA is testifying that TA body slammed her after she dropped the camera, so she can claim head trauma that supports her memory loss.

After reading about Juan adding a walmart and Tesoro witness to his rebuttal witness list, the defense should just admit Jodi's guilt and save us all the trouble. :p (I can dream, can't I?)

Nooooo. I want to see her face when the verdict is announced and better yet, when she is sentenced!

It was an exhausting weekend. I did in fact go to Afghanistan. I interviewed all of the troops that "knew" JA. Well I meant I interviewed EVERY soldier.

This story isn't up to Jodi's standards. You should include everything you ate and drank, where your Humvee was parked, whether the sun was up or down, how sandy it was, what you packed . . . But we'll forgive you THIS time. Just work on it for the future.

What if JM has no questions for "Dr." Samuels? Or, better yet, can JM ask about the sanction in New Jersey?

Lol that would be funny if he didn't have any questions for Samuels.
Yes, he can, it goes to the credibility of the witness.

Someone at the site you guys are talking about asked how many years you get for a life sentence!!! LOL

The actual length of a "Life Sentence" varies by state and by the age of the victim. In Jodi's case, since Travis was not a minor, she would serve at least 25 years. If she gets life without parole she will leave Arizona in a pine box.:twocents:

I mean, really! I also noted that the articles he quoted are the first few footnoted at wiki. Now, that could be because they are seminal articles, but they seemed rather out of date.

When Samuels spoke last week so many of his references were 20 - 30 years old in my opinion. Even the off the cuff comments he made were dated.

I'm curious about their to-scale model of Travis' bed/bathroom... and if they'll do a reenactment using that. Thought I heard something about Ryan Smith trying to climb up on the closet shelves. Don't know what materials they're using to build this recreation, but even if the materials aren't accurate, if it's to scale and they do a decent reenactment (based on JA's testimony) it could be interesting (unless it's anything like their 'body slam' reenactment' - what a farce.

If nothing else, I just want to get a better sense of the room/s from a different vantage point. Hope their mock-up provides this.

Whether JB is there or not doesn't really interest me.

That re-enactment was a joke. I hope if they do it again with the to-scale set, they use an actress the same height as JA to climb up the shelf. Otherwise, what's the point.

I always thought that people with PTSD had intrusive memories rather than memory loss.

I know for me personally, I have "remembered" most of what caused my PTSD through visions which are a lot like dreams.

Now that I sound totally nutso.....

Wondering how to achieve a split screen...right now I have my iPad to view and thank comments and my laptop to watch the trial- but I suck at trying to type/keep up on my iPad....
Thanks in advance...:)

I don't have an iPad, I have an iMac, but I resize one window so that it covers half the screen, open a new window and on my iMac, the new window will pop up the same size as the one already up and I move it to the empty side of the screen. Hope this works!

My 12 yr old daughter jumped off a galloping horse (she was wearing a helmut) and feel into the center of a road and suffered a moment of amnesia while she was unconscious. I think JA is testifying that TA body slammed her after she dropped the camera, so she can claim head trauma that supports her memory loss.

But, lucky for JA the memory loss didn't last too long because she was able to clean up and make up a bunch of stupid stories!

I always thought that people with PTSD had intrusive memories rather than memory loss.

And sensory type memories, such as a smell or sight would bring a memory to the forefront. Not a loss of memory, just a suppression to keep it distant until the mind can process it and cope. But that is an understanding with adults who have PTSD from childhood abuse.

Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member