trial day 32: the defense continues it's case in chief #91

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please someone post when JM is up to bat......I cannot listen to Minnie Mouse (JW) anymore!

Richard Samuels and his suitcase are back for more direct testimony

fky3js.png

Didn't he just say last week that TGA could only be diagnosed within 48 hrs of the triggering event?

tumblr_lnqsctXUwX1qa1zg6.jpg

Da Fug?

Seriously, I know a capital murder trial isn't designed to be digestible entertainment, but the delays, short schedule, side-bars and just plain lackadaisical attitude of this trial has got to be causing some mass Attention Deficit Disorder.

I also know much of the "padding" of this trial is caused by the almost unprecidented specter of a capital murder defendant taking the stand and B.S.ing in an epic manner.

But really, the actual facts of the case, the timeline, the physical evidence seems like a dim memory now.

What is the brunette chick with the glasses charged with anyway? I forget.

I guess I can be an "expert" 'cause I can read a summary article and then give a report on it - apparently.

He keeps saying "apparently" and "according to what I read". Any of us can go up there and say that carp. He has no knowledge whatsoever.

Good afternoon, everyone. Read first 2 pages and am so many behind. I'll be here, but I doubt I'll get to post, I'm always so far behind.

Dr. "Gus" Samuels certainly doesn't say much about what he talks about. While I think that experts should speak in layman's language so the jury can understand, I think he should do more research than a 6th grader. IMHO

What? What kind of academician is he when he reads "summary articles" instead of possessing a scholarly knowledge of the body of research from which the "summary article" draws its conclusions.

In my professional area, this guy would be laughed off the dais. Are you kidding me?

Yes Ms. Wilmott it is called Fognesia....it is a condition that only JA has. Very rare.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Apparently JW wants to "clear a few things up" with the good doctor. I'm guessing she did more reading over the weekend than RS has done throughout most of his "career".

MOO

Has we forgotten that there was a "death" in the defense family at the end of last week? It would be a real coincidence had it been Samuels who dropped dead but, I don't know who it was that died.

I don't know about 'we', but I forgot. Thanks for the reminder!

Wilmot & Rhard Samuels . . . .

he read the summary article on Transient Global Amnesia . .
apparently immersion into hot or cold water can cause TGA . . . .

3-8 per 100,000 - small number but regularly reported
relatively minor shock to the system can cause

JA does not suffer from this type of amnesia . .. the type that JA suffers from is..
objection sidebar

What? I thought the defense was finished with this expert witness.

I always thought that people with PTSD had intrusive memories rather than memory loss.
Honestly that very much depends. I know many abuse survivors who have experienced memory loss of the traumatic event triggering PTSD as well as subsequent short term memory loss even post-abuse.

In the height of their abuse it isn't uncommon for abuse survivors to forget children's birthday parties, holidays spent with family, first days of school, a child's favorite food at that particular time in their life, etc.

The triggering event is still there for them but they might not necessarily remember it like scenes from a movie - more reliving it through fragments of memories or nightmares they may not wholly understand.

Still other PTSD-diagnosed survivors will remember every smell, the taste of blood, every sound to include their own heart beating...but not every one I've met is the same by a very long way.

Why does this "expert" keep saying "well apparently it does!"
Shouldn't he know these things? Or at least be somewhat educated on them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!