trial day 32: the defense continues its case in chief #93

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay - HLN's 'recreation scene' is BEYOND disappointing. They have "a few" shelves in the closet, no doors, no shower door, no toilet room door I don't see sinks (?) and the mere fact that they have that half-torso styrofoam 'dummy' (who's head looks to be of accurate size - but the body is of a 5-6 year old. And I didn't see them actually do a run-through per the photos.

What a flipping let down. Done well and accurately, something like this *could* have been SO interesting.

Gah.

I agree. I even wanted Juan to have an exact replica of the closet in the courtroom. But I want it EXACT. It has to be exact to be reliable.

During the trial, I would have drug jury to the scene of the crime and walked them through it or at a minimum have an exact replica of closet and shelf. It would have been so powerful during the trial.

Wonder why it wasnt done on such an impotant case. Surely it would not cost much for a carpenter to build a shelf at exact dimensions. Maybe the new tenants removed the shelf or something.

Anything is possible. Either way, even IF the state believed the gunshot came first, like that defense chick on HLN said, they could've of still had premeditation anyways. re: Gun stolen from grandparents, shot Travis first... etc.

Oh, that's just because you think the gun came first ;)

wow....2 juors think Travis attacked Jodi. How in the world.

Discliamer - On the After Dark show on HLN

I'm late on the forum tonight and tons to read, but I just wanted to say that I literally laughed out loud when JM asked the good doctor, "Do you have memory problems?" I was wearing my headphones and hubby looked at me like I had lost my mind.

Did Juan state today that there were pictures of her on top of him (during sex) I thought I heard him say that but I was in and out of the room the TV is in while *trying* to get housework done.
Arias told Samuels that the "icky" photos were taken WHILE she was straddling Travis - or he was straddling her - SOMEONE was straddling the other. So Juan showed him the pics, asking basically - If you LOOK at these pics, you can see that's not possible.

Of course, doc hadn't bothered to look at all the pics to even try to determine if she was lying. LYING!!
He's a greedy soul-selling ................

Did they go to Pinellas County to pick up these morons?...have they been living in a cave?? Wth

and really, none of her relationships until Travis were anything to write home about. It isn't like she was attracting highly educated, savvy, successful men. Now Travis, he seemed like a genuinely nice guy but a nice Mormon one who was in a Mormon business meeting other Mormons. I think Jodi's initial act was convincing to him because he was likely to take people at face value. He was helping her become a Mormon and then....I'm pretty sure she initiated the sexual relationship and manipulated him into doing more and more. Dumb on his part to get dragged in but I really don't think he was very experienced. Now I wouldn't necessarily bet he was a virgin, he may have strayed before but I don't think most of his relationships with women involved sex. I think she was very sneaky and conniving and spied on him from early on to see his writings and what made him tick so as to snare him for her long term financial needs. I think he was very attracted to her sexually and to her sex is just a tool to get what she wants and manipulate people. Look who she's got on a string, that Daryl guy, Matt, Gus Searcey, not exactly GQ material. And I think she's perfected that helpless female role where she needs a big strong man to help her-barf. Her life story is all about calling on one of these dudes, mostly exes, to do something for her, save her, lend her their car or gas cans etc. She has no female friends-that is very telling IMO.

I agree sterotypical sociopath.

JA (having financial difficulty in her own life) meets TA at the PPL conference. In a relationship, but attends Ball with TA. TA in contrast to DB is young, to all appearances financially successful, and Mormon (if not a virgin, then probably sexually inexperienced).

She plays the sex card, the card where she is more experienced and in control. The sex begins with their first face to face encounter following the ppl event. In those couple of weeks between I imagine JA was using phone, text and emails to seduce TA. IMO, she played the right card to get to TA. In today's society maintaining chastity is far more difficult than in days of old. All of us are bombarded with sexually explicit music, videos, games, the good old internet and advertising. And let's not forget good old mother nature.

JA not understanding the Mormon "rules of chastity" is bs. IMO she probably researched the religion thoroughly. It was a key to TA. She converted to Mormonism within the first couple of months of meeting TA because she knew she couldn't have him until she did. She wasn't a young kid when she met TA, she was in mid or upper 20s. She was born in the information age where the answer to almost any question is just a google search away.

What are these "ads" you guys are referring to?

I don't have them, I have a Macbook with ad-blocker.

ok from someone from another country,these ads are bizarre compared to what we have here :O

Anything is possible. Either way, even IF the state believed the gunshot came first, like that defense chick on HLN said, they could've of still had premeditation anyways. re: Gun stolen from grandparents, shot Travis first... etc.

Absolutely. It's fun to argue over, but in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter. She planned it either way.

Arias told Samuels that the "icky" photos were taken WHILE she was straddling Travis - or he was straddling her - SOMEONE was straddling the other. So Juan showed him the pics, asking basically - If you LOOK at these pics, you can see that's not possible.

Of course, doc hadn't bothered to look at all the pics to even try to determine if she was lying. LYING!!
He's a greedy soul-selling ................

That is exactly the impression I got. Thanks for confirming.

There's a petition on change.org to Make HLN Stop the Media Spin which apparently is leading to the hysteria against poor widdle JA... (funny, I thought watching the actual trial and the presentation of evidence by the lawyers and experts and the defendant herself was doing her in but okay let's blame the media)

Apparently this petition is not by the fine folks over at the creature pit but they site it as a source for court docs and other trial facts... HAHAHA.

Some of the problems the petition has with the media include: "purposely misleading", "Their statements have been slanderous", "Their comments and opinions are often from unverified anecdotal evidence that viewers are taking as fact", "They are not concerned about justice based on the truth, but on a sensational witch hunt for profit."

----> Now is it just me or do those problems cited above sound exactly like what the defense is doing? Purposely misleading? Check. Slanderous? Check. Opinions from anecdotal evidence presented as fact? Check. Not concerned with justiced based on truth but witch hunt for profit (defense)? Check.

Gosh I love when stupid people are hypocrits!

(eta: I hate HLN too, but it's really funny that these JA groupies are masquerading around all high and mighty with their petition pretending like HLN is impeding the defendant's chance at justice)

ROFLMAO I'd like a little of what they're smoking please. I guess they don't read here much, or they'd know better. Nobody here needs the HLN TH's to convince us of this defendant's guilt. She's been her own worst enemy right from the time she committed the murder.

Let's see.....her story is just like Windows, more versions than you can shake a stick at (check); LE investigation tapes clearly showing her in said lies (check); pictures taken of her at the crime scene (check); blood and hair evidence at the crime scene (check); strong evidence of premeditation (check); a legal team that likely feels like they're on the Titanic (check); and a prosecutor who is relentless in defending the victim's name and reputation (check). Not to mention the fact that she just can't STFU (on National TV no less), makes me think this creature will never walk free again.

I put HLN on after trial as background noise sometimes when I catch up with the good peeps here :D. I sure haven't formed my opinion based on what they say.

It took me several days but I finally figured out who <modsnip> Samuels reminded me of (other than his son Gus).... Seinfeld fans-- do you remember the episode "Fusilli Jerry" aka "The Proctologist" aka "The A$$man" . The "real A$$man", at the very end of the episode and the end of this clip.

[video=youtube;eghL7ORV1lg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eghL7ORV1lg[/video]

What is the point of witnesses swearing to tell the truth? Repeatedly, we see witnesses swearing to do so and then lying and nothing happens. Why bother if the courts don't even attempt to uphold the basic premise under which they are operating?

People can get up and chit face lie about anything they want and there is no repercussion. Why bother with the idea that they're there to tell the truth then?

moo

In an effort to be objective, whenever I feel like we are having a really big WIN for Travis, I hurry over to the pro-Jodi sites to see how they plan to spin it. Here is their take on this
FAIL by Samuels on the PTSD test.

They are convinced that on redirect, JW is going to be able to rehabilitate. ; REALLY?

Anyhow, they have TWO main reasons for that belief. One, they believe that ALL JW has to show thew jury is that Jodi can change that test answer from 'stranger attack' to Travis attack' and VOILA====she now has PTSD again. So they feel that she can convince the jury that if she retook the test it would confirm she has PTSD.

They also said that the lying on the test is just another piece of evidence that she indeee has PTSD.

I disagree totally. I think those two things are evidence of her being a sociopath, a malingerer and a narcissist, but that's just me. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo