trial day 32: the defense continues its case in chief #93

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else think it was RIDICULOUS they didn't bring up the blood in the sink and the mirror on that dumb show?!?! To me that is key!!

OMG ... it's bad enough Baez is on -- NOW they bring on Linda Kenny Baden !

UGGGGGGGGGGG !

Thank goodness I didn't watch. My TV would have been broken. Don't know which one I can't stand more...Baden or JB. Evil, money grabbing, pathetic, media-whoring, want to be...<self mod-snip>. These <more self mod-snip> don't give a damn about justice and VICTIMS!!! :furious:

Did Juan state today that there were pictures of her on top of him (during sex) I thought I heard him say that but I was in and out of the room the TV is in while *trying* to get housework done.

I did hear Juan say something about a photo of her "straddling" TA. I didn't hear the context. AFAIK, those pictures weren't entered in any court testimony. I don't want to see any more naked pictures, but I would like to know if there are pics that prove they had sexy time before she slaughtered him. Or is it t just something JA said.

I agree. However, in the limited experience I've had with sworn testimony, the most virulent liars are (unfortunately) police officers.
Who cares who is doing the lying. If there is no consequence to lying under oath, what's the point? The whole system doesn't make sense. Maybe that's why our judicial system is so bloody messed up?

In an effort to be objective, whenever I feel like we are having a really big WIN for Travis, I hurry over to the pro-Jodi sites to see how they plan to spin it. Here is their take on this
FAIL by Samuels on the PTSD test.

They are convinced that on redirect, JW is going to be able to rehabilitate. ; REALLY?

Anyhow, they have TWO main reasons for that belief. One, they believe that ALL JW has to show thew jury is that Jodi can change that test answer from 'stranger attack' to Travis attack' and VOILA====she now has PTSD again. So they feel that she can convince the jury that if she retook the test it would confirm she has PTSD.

They also said that the lying on the test is just another piece of evidence that she indeee has PTSD.

I disagree totally. I think those two things are evidence of her being a sociopath, a malingerer and a narcissist, but that's just me. LOL

I gotta hand it to them... they sure do have answers for everything.

Unfortunately their answers are just noise and nothing more.

Absolutely. It's fun to argue over, but in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter. She planned it either way.

For a jury I think it will matter. I have no background in criminal/crime scene investigation. As a jury I would rely on the forensic investigators (prosecution and defense) to make sense of the science of the crime scene (along with my own logic).

IMO the defense not coming up with an alternative forensic expert to support their client's allegation the shot came first, would be a hurdle. Remember the only forensic expert has been the ME who stated categorically he did not believe the shot could have come first considering the defensive wounds on the the victim.

If Jodi kicked the shell casing and it landed on the blood --how would that be possible if her socks were coverd in blood.
The floor had water and blood all over it so how would the shell casing not have anything on it from her blood soaked socks or from being on the wet and bloody floor.
Also if she was standing where she said she was when she shot Travis the spent shell casing would have ejected to her right not left to where it was found.

I did hear Juan say something about a photo of her "straddling" TA. I didn't hear the context. AFAIK, those pictures weren't entered in any court testimony. I don't want to see any more naked pictures, but I would like to know if there are pics that prove they had sexy time before she slaughtered him. Or is it t just something JA said.
There are no pictures of JA straddling TA. The Quack Dr. took notes while interviewing JA and she told him that the "naughty pictures" were taken by TA while she was straddling him. Yet another lie she told and one that the Dr. didn't bother to understand.

moo

BBM: Scary ... very scary, IMO ... I am glad these 2 are NOT on the REAL jury !

:moo:

I think there's a strong possibility that they purposely sought out a couple of rogue jurors, just to avoid a most predictable and boring outcome.

Who cares who is doing the lying. If there is no consequence to lying under oath, what's the point? The whole system doesn't make sense. Maybe that's why our judicial system is so bloody messed up?

You're right, no meaning in any of it.

Because they are getting false info from the guys doing the re-enactment.
I totally agree. they left out tons of information. I was also really disappointed with the "reconstruction" of the bathroom. there was no detail--like the doors. I also thought that the shelf that the gun was supposedly sitting on wasn't even in the reconstruction. When they talked about the ME's report--nobody mentioned that the ME said that no matter at what point TA was shot--at that instant the he was unconscious.

I agree. However, in the limited experience I've had with sworn testimony, the most virulent liars are (unfortunately) police officers.

Were you the one accused of the crime??

ElleElle the commercials are for a web site called Christian Mingle...it is a online meat market...imo. Similar to all those sites for men and women try to find a mate.

:seeya: Respectfully, I will have to disagree on a few of these points :

- Court starts late all the time ... It is very disrespectful to the Jury, and disrespectful to the attorneys that are ready to go ... and it's disrespectful to Travis' family ...

I know the courts are overburdened ... but she's been on the bench a while, so she should have a handle by now on "time management skills" ...

- I understand why the concern about an appeal -- but no matter whether JA gets the DP or LWOP, there will be an appeal ...

- She has absolutely no control over the courtroom ... she lets Jodi's mother and aunt "giggle" like schoolgirls and doesn't say a word ... she allows "gum chewing" which is totally disrespectful in the court -- especially for the person sitting next to you ... Example : Today, when the camera was panning the gallery, there was a woman sitting in the row behind JA's family and she actually took the gum out of her mouth and put it back in the wrapper ... I was like wth ?

- She really needs to control her courtroom ... I'm not saying she needs to be a "dictator" about it -- but it's like she has NO "confidence" in what she is doing up there ... she seems to "second guess" herself all the time ... Now, that may be because she is not familiar with many of the issues that have come up during this trial, and I get that ...

- I may get flack on this one, but it's like she has NO personality at all -- I know a judge does not have to have a "personality" up on the bench -- but they should be CONFIDENT in what they are doing up there and CONTROL ... IMO, she has neither ...

- One of the issues that was MOST PREJUDICIAL was to allow Jodi and the DT to continue with the LIES that Travis was a "pedophile" :furious:

That was WRONG -- Death Penalty or no DP -- it was WRONG ... Travis is not here to defend himself ... and it is WRONG to allow these LIES in because Travis' family has been through enough ...

We may not agree ... but that's okay ... I will still respect your opinion.

:seeya:

And I respect yours as well. I have no trouble disagreeing with others here.

ETA: I do want to make this point though - about the judge allowing Jodi to lie about Travis being a pedophile, there is nothing at all the judge can do to prevent that. It is solely the jury's job to judge whether a witness or evidence is credible. If the judge has disallowed that testimony, the case would have certainly been reversed on appeal if Jodi had been convicted.

I wasn't able to watch but a little of the coverage today....I did tune in long enough to see Juan take some HUGE bites out of an old SAMmich, though. ;)

No, Juan was disproving what Jodi told the Dr. Her version was after Travis cut the rope from her ankles and wrist he took pictures while she straddled him.. Juan showed him the pics, Dr admitted there was no straddling..

BBM: Scary ... very scary, IMO ... I am glad these 2 are NOT on the REAL jury !

:moo:

i don't even know why i watched. they are taking the actual murder and detaching it from everything else and asking them did he attack her

sure you can do that but imo you need to know everything she did before the murder to make a conscious and proper verdict whether he attacked her or not.

you can look at it 2 ways

1) he attacked her,dismissing the gas cans/turned off cell phone/leaving no trace through AZ and taking them as just coincidences

or

2) she planned to murder him,so he didn't attack her he only went to attack to defend himself.

i just can't see how anyone could believe she didn't plan this.
what we have

rented car,stipulated white or unnoticeable colour rented from outside yreaka
borrowed gas cans (2)
1 x gas can from wal-mart unreturned
changed hair colour
proof she did infact have three gas cans
cell phone turned off driving to mesa
emails/text/voicemails from her to travis after she knew he was dead to cover her tracks
admitted making her stories fit the forensic evidence
compulsive lier
she's proved she is no wilting flower against big "angry" "shouty" men while on cross with juan

theres more but im blank just now,so tired.

anyway the stars weren't aligned so much that all this just happened by chance. if people actually believe this i must be living in an alternative universe :facepalm::facepalm::truce:

For a jury I think it will matter. I have no background in criminal/crime scene investigation. As a jury I would rely on the forensic investigators (prosecution and defense) to make sense of the science of the crime scene (along with my own logic).

IMO the defense not coming up with an alternative forensic expert to support their client's allegation the shot came first, would be a hurdle. Remember the only forensic expert has been the ME who stated categorically he did not believe the shot could have come first considering the defensive wounds on the the victim.

I agree with you. But IIRC, the defense did have an expert to say she thought the shot came first but Juan got her to admit that she never examined Travis' body like the ME did and so her opinion wouldn't be as sound as his. Did this happen?

This show is taped out of Los Angeles, right? More like they are out of work actors who were paid $50 bucks to dissent. It's fake, fake, fake.

If you didn't have people to say that, there's no controversy. You can't have 100% across the board says she's a guilty, lying sociopath- which anyone with half a brain knows.

I lived there for years- nothing is real. It's a town peppered with duplicity and eating disorders with everything designed to separate you from your $$$$ or your undies.

I didnt consider that. Thanks for your perspective. I once visited San Francisco and was surprised at how some of the stereotypes kind of were true. :) Never got south to LA

Great food in San Fran and had a great time there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654