trial day 32: the defense continues its case in chief #93

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was on the jury I would have to throw out every word of his testimony when deliberating.

For over a week now (at least), I keep imagining a huge white board filled with statements made during testimony and evidence, etc.

And I then imagine going through all of it and erasing everything JA has claimed that cannot be corroborated, everything that she has lied about and any/all testimony of hers that cannot be proven or is questionable (i.e. *when* she wrote some of those diary entries)...

Or - because of her lack of credibility, erasing everything she has said or claimed, period.

What would that whiteboard look like? It would look like Juan Martinez' case for premeditation, that's what.

2 out of 12 = NOT guilty on HLN mock jury... :what: :what:

Hln show tonite is only missing one person...Ruppert Muddock...cause this carp is similar to his behavior. They.....HLN are gonna have to get more real for me to watch that show again. Sorry Vinnie ..you had a great start to your show.

Now ..not so much.

wow....2 juors think Travis attacked Jodi. How in the world.

Discliamer - On the After Dark show on HLN

BBM: Scary ... very scary, IMO ... I am glad these 2 are NOT on the REAL jury !

:moo:

Seriously doubt it. The defendant misled him. He did fail to reevaluate her when her "story" changed, however, he is only an expert witness hired to proffer his opinion based on what the defendant said.

MOO
There was an expert witness in Scott Peterson's trial who was just as bad. He was a gynecologist who tried to backdate Lacy's date of conception based on something said at her baby shower!!! Scott is still on Death Row, so I wouldn't worry!

What is the point of witnesses swearing to tell the truth? Repeatedly, we see witnesses swearing to do so and then lying and nothing happens. Why bother if the courts don't even attempt to uphold the basic premise under which they are operating?

People can get up and chit face lie about anything they want and there is no repercussion. Why bother with the idea that they're there to tell the truth then?

moo

I agree. However, in the limited experience I've had with sworn testimony, the most virulent liars are (unfortunately) police officers.

and really, none of her relationships until Travis were anything to write home about. It isn't like she was attracting highly educated, savvy, successful men. Now Travis, he seemed like a genuinely nice guy but a nice Mormon one who was in a Mormon business meeting other Mormons. I think Jodi's initial act was convincing to him because he was likely to take people at face value. He was helping her become a Mormon and then....I'm pretty sure she initiated the sexual relationship and manipulated him into doing more and more. Dumb on his part to get dragged in but I really don't think he was very experienced. Now I wouldn't necessarily bet he was a virgin, he may have strayed before but I don't think most of his relationships with women involved sex. I think she was very sneaky and conniving and spied on him from early on to see his writings and what made him tick so as to snare him for her long term financial needs. I think he was very attracted to her sexually and to her sex is just a tool to get what she wants and manipulate people. Look who she's got on a string, that Daryl guy, Matt, Gus Searcey, not exactly GQ material. And I think she's perfected that helpless female role where she needs a big strong man to help her-barf. Her life story is all about calling on one of these dudes, mostly exes, to do something for her, save her, lend her their car or gas cans etc. She has no female friends-that is very telling IMO.

BBM Ok here I go again telling own secrets lol But I didn't have sex till I was almost 25 I was raised in church till teen years but not after 18. Plus I wasn't as involved as he probably was.. Did he go on a mission? This would continue to reinforce waiting for marriage so I think he really was a virgin but not a monk lol

Did they go to Pinellas County to pick up these morons?...have they been living in a cave?? Wth

There were lots of people on the pro-Jodi sites and FB asking for people to go and sign up for that show to try and get on the jury. LOL

Roflmao! @ waste... Huge waste!

Don't know why peeps are even watching!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope their rating end up in the gutter tonight, and they finally get the message. We have to hit them where it hurts - and ratings are all they care about.

JB on HLN After Dark tonight. I had to turn it off because I just couldn't go there. Here's a tip for you Jose, you just need to go away, and don't come back another day. :puke:

Gee, I'm a poet. Does that make me an expert too? :great:

Me too ,won't give anyone from that trial the time of day, DH was watching it,I went into another room.

Because they are getting false info from the guys doing the re-enactment.

This show is taped out of Los Angeles, right? More like they are out of work actors who were paid $50 bucks to dissent. It's fake, fake, fake.

If you didn't have people to say that, there's no controversy. You can't have 100% across the board says she's a guilty, lying sociopath- which anyone with half a brain knows.

I lived there for years- nothing is real. It's a town peppered with duplicity and eating disorders with everything designed to separate you from your $$$$ or your undies.

Patricia Cornwell was on Peirs Morgan tonight. Her take on what happened (based on the autopsy photos) was that JA surprised Travis, he came out of the shower, JA stabbed him in the chest area, he threw up his hands to defend himself, turned and stumbled to the sink trying to get away. JA mercilessly and savagely stabbed Travis over and over again in the back as he fought desperately to escape. THEN she shot him.
People hate Piers (many hate Cornwell) but unlike Vinny and the Goof Men Crew on HLN, their brief discussion on JA was somber and sincere.

Didn't see this show but I do agree with the sequence described with one difference - he went to the sink to spit out the blood that was running into his lungs from the stab to the chest - I believe the spatter in the picture of the sink verifies that. Because of that verification it points to the chest wound being the first attack. When that didn't work she stabbed him in the back at the sink and he began to defend himself. She slit his throat after he got away from her.

Some think the gunshot came first because she was little and wanted to stop him before he could do anything but this was a woman raised around restaurants, worked in restaurants all her life - slashed tires (takes some knowhow with a knife and she didn't shoot them). She knew how to use a knife very well. About the only thing Jodi has said that I believe is that she wasn't that familiar with guns. If she was, she would have taken the 38 instead of the 25 and there is only one reason Jodi took the gun from the crime scene and that is because it could be tied back to the robbery at her Grandparents.

Look at the crime scene photos... There is blood down that hallway the entire length and splatter up 12 inches from the floor.

Not to mention the blood spatter expert said that areas on the hall that were void of blood had been diluted with water!!! (same with bathroom)

OK..I can't stand this half-a_s HLN, Jose Baez, dumb jurors, etc. bullsh_t.

Oh em gee you Guys......

I'm cracking the heck up, your posts are making me LOL!
I missed today's proceedings , hubby made me go with on a overnight business trip. I was trying to catch up all day!!
I'm going to hog all his data here, LOL!!

one thought,

JUAN ROCKS!! DR SAMUEL IS TOAST..
Ok, I willtry catching up.

*I should have retested...lolololol*

I was flashing back to Jim Carey (Liar, Liar) several times today during Dr. <modsnip> testimony:

JM: So you gave that test when she was lying to you then about the two intruders, right?
JW: Objection!
Court: Grounds?
JW: Because it's devastating to my case!
Court: Overruled.
JW: Good Call!

OHA MYA GODA, he doesn't have the correct document. WTH? I left it at home. SERIOUSLY? Is this a joke? YALL we are surely being pranked!!! :great::seeya::jail:

And the big issue for me with this is that this guy brought a huge luggage case. Yet in all that paperwork he forgets two key documents? There was a reason for that.

Ok, after so so many years of lurking, I've decided to come out of the shadows. This "Dr." Samuels is upsetting me so much with either his misinformation or outright lies. I worked for a couple of years with the company that was in charge of these assessments, and was part of the development for the new software release of administering the exams and scoring the exams. I know for a fact that pens can and were used, and usually used!! I even verified it with all versions of the scanners that were ever made for scoring exam sheets!!!

As far as I am concerned, I believe he uses pencil so if he has to use one of his "previous" answers sheets, he tries to erase it later!!! The fact that he had her write on paper is ridiculous! You have to pay what I feel is a small amount for those booklets.

Secondly, I question if he even paid the extra fee for validity confirmation when he sent in the test for scoring. There is more that I know about the testing, but I legally can't say, and the concerns I have about what may have happened here. I would highly recommend that Juan make a call about those results and if JA was informed that she was going to take the test beforehand and got any 'tips'. The people I know/knew could give him some heads up/pointers on questions to ask. This Samuels is scum and as far as I'm concerned, AZ should not allow him as an "expert" witness again!!

Welcome! Can someone make sure JM has this info!!!

I think the DV expert should be very nervous. Some of her testimony is built upon the tests that Samuel had Arias take. More testimony based on lies.

I don't think she's crooked or a charlatan. I have a feeling she's going to testify honestly and based on the data she has examined, without defensiveness. We will see. If not, JM will get her too.

Question for our lawyers-

What's your opinion on the expert witness debacle? By her attorneys allowing this aren't they failing to represent her to the best of their ability?
Will she have grounds for appeal?

TIA

No.

I agree, he could have really come down hard on the man but he tried to help him get his stuff together and organize it to attempt to have some kind of cross.

Dr. Samuels will have an opportunity to come back tomorrow and have his things together, hopefully for himself and the case. I want us to get some kind information out of his time on the stand that the Jury can stand on. I would really hate to see this become the shinning star of her appeal too.

I don't want Samuels to get it together and give the jury something to stand on. I'd rather things continue as is: with Juan winning by a landslide.

RANT alert:

What in the name of all that is holy is Wilmott writing?????? She has been writing solid since this case began................good Lord!!!!!!!!!

She's simply making notes for redirect. All attorneys do this.

Does anyone else feel like the judge calls so many approaches after objections because she had zoned out and isn't quite sure what's being objected to? I just get that impression sometimes. I know I couldn't blame her if she did. The defense is so boring I zone out also.

No. IMO, she's trying to avoid having the jury hear anything that will make the attorneys look bad.

There was an expert witness in Scott Peterson's trial who was just as bad. He was a gynecologist who tried to backdate Lacy's date of conception based on something said at her baby shower!!! Scott is still on Death Row, so I wouldn't worry!

Rumor: that's where Doc Sam is going - lots of fog in San Fran near the pen and Scott could use a good diagnosis prior to his appeal.

There were lots of people on the pro-Jodi sites and FB asking for people to go and sign up for that show to try and get on the jury. LOL

LOL, well that's stupid. What good is that going to do Jodi? None of the jury will ever see this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966