trial day 33: the defense continues its case in chief #94

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the second time in two days that Willmott has objected siting speculation on questions regarding Jodi's state of mind.... it's her own witness who is there to talk about Jodi's state of mind.

Samuels just grabbed his left side of chest! I think JM rearranged his heart he thinks its on the left lol

I wonder if he did a PCL on her and the good JM brings it in to show she scored well on the psychopatic checklist

Wilmott, no more saying approach!

STFU-Sit_down.jpg

Dr. Samuels has NO room to talk about inappropriate uses of any test!

This is just so unprofessional. In any legal matter you always have the questions and answers together. All of his testimony needs to be null and void.

complex computer algorythms. I thought Dr Speculating said he scored the test himself?

Just now able to check in - can anyone give me a rundown of what is happening this morning and Jodi's demeanor?? Thanks in advance!

There are personality tests that are specifically designed to weed out deception. There are questions that are asked repeatedly but are phrased in a much different way to reveal deception. Why not build that into PTSD tests?

The MMPI is used in every child custody eval I've ever seen. But he didn't conduct that test. It's used to diagnose. Much more intense than what he did. I wondered why he didn't conduct it. Glad Juan Martinez is bringing it up.

Yeah and I would say it is quite useless, after 100 questions most kids (and adults) that need that type of testing will just mark anything.

Is the MCMI cheaper than the MMPI or something?
Cheaper, shorter, and easier for a clinician to assess on their own. It's a very standard test. Basic and very, very widely used...but almost always as a first step and many forensic psychologists will repeatedly test a defendant leading up to trial. The 'norm' is testing roughly every six months.

Is the MCMI cheaper than the MMPI or something?

If we were to count the number of extra hours needed to conduct the test, then "yes" it would be more expensive (hourly) and more time than he was allotted, or more than what his retainer afforded. (MOO)

edit: "Yes, the MMPI would have been more expensive".

Willmott is really pissed and you can tell the DT is getting desperate. Did you see her yank that exhibit out of Juan 's hand and then just kind of toss it back to him? Is there any recourse for her behaviour? Knowing Juan he won't protest. jmo

Just now able to check in - can anyone give me a rundown of what is happening this morning and Jodi's demeanor?? Thanks in advance!

Aw come on, lazy much? It's only 47 or so pages to read!

Just kidding, I'm trying to catch up myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member