trial day 33: the defense continues its case in chief #95

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a minute, how can "doc" disregard her journal writing as being assertive (he said he didn't take her writings into account?), but he's used other journal entries, yes?

He assessed her lack of assertive behaviour according to her self-report. Contradicts what he just said about assertiveness being behavioural.

I guess only Jodi is the only witness of what Jodi says and does.

Jodi's very assertive....when brandishing a knife.

"Suuuure!!" ~Martinez. That made me giggle out loud.

This is so good! I'm on the edge of my seat! Juan is an excellent prosecutor. It cannot be said enough.
:D

I like to do drawrings...

picture.php

JM, "sure" to the doctor.

watching Travis' family smirk at this buffoon made me smile really big

I've asserted in my journal that "my diet will start today!" and I will "walk two miles today!"....and yet.....here I sit..... :)

JM w/Richard Samuels . . . . afternoon session Tuesday 3/19/2013

rather than comparing her to someone in the general population to see how she varies from someone in general population?
can you clarify

test scores you get are compared to scores of those in psychiatric population vs. someone in the general population who doesn't have these issues to see if she deviates or doesn't deviate.

no that is not how I used the test
don't youthink a more valid approach would be to compare her to the general population
no
you gave it to her in 2009?
MCMI was conducted before . . . still while the defendant was telling you 2 individuals came in and they were responsible for TA death . . .
correct
and there are validity scales in MCMI
correct
she was telling the story of 2 Ninja's killing - in terms of validity relates to what she answers on the test . . . it is linked to question 14
PDS test?
yes
yes that is linked

there is no reason to believe that she is providing answers she gave on a test earlier . . .

she experienced trauma . . . this test reflects her emotional struggle . . . internal psyche - it was valid
even though it was normed on psychiatric patients
correct

one of the things we talked about was dissociative amnesia . . . his graphic . . . sliding down the inverse bellshaped curve . . .

this is just a pencil drawing about dissociative amnesia . . .
it starts and ends somewhere along the downward(upward) slope

because the hippocampus is affected the person cannot form memory
approximately correct
if you point a particular area on the curve . . . .somewhere on the downward slope is where we lose memory and somewhere on the upward angle is when the memory starts to come back.

indicated time magazine example of someone suffering with dissociative amnesia
no that was a police officer with PTSD
lets assume he had dissociative amnesia . . . let's assume he is down here in the bottom portion and he is attacked by a knife . . . at the very bottom he is attacked or shot with a handgun . . . he will not have any memory of that . . .
if the individual is likely to be suffering from dissoiative amnesia - there would be none

if he can't form memory there or here - this officer has no memory of the gun
if he had entered the state of disociativec amnesia . . . if he truly is in that state - he will not remember the gun . . . he won't know where the gun is right? . . he would not have the conscious ability to go over . . . he could ambulate over to the suspect he would have no memeory of the gun . . . if it is true dissociative amnesia he would not have memory of the gun . . . . if he then ambulates and there is a knife involved because he would not be able to have memory of that knife.

if it . . . .
objection
foundation . . . .

on the continuum sir . . . . true dissociative amnesia . . . knife and gun incidents happen @ 8pm and 6 pm (placement) respectively

he would be less likely to have memory
he could remember things?
no

how would he have amnesia if he could remember

how could he be able to know where the gun is if he has dissociative amnesia . . . . you keep saying could . . ..

it is hard to know what percentage of the dissociative amnesia . . . true dissociative amnesia . . when you say it is unlikely . . then he can still remember

he is very unlikely to remember if true dis. amn.

how are you able to say it could be unlikely have memory
highly unlikely is a better term in psychology

this officer had been on survellience and taking photographs when things ensued - he would not have memory of the camera
probably

Transient Global Amnesia
not that all common in society

this is the one talks about sexual intercourse
yes that is the same . . . 19 articles said that and immersion into hot water .. .
we are talking about stuff that had nothing to do with this case
correct
you put that slide up . . . nothing to do wit this case
correct

exhibit #510

travis found out or get upset but I will not stand for him to say anything negative of her I will not stand for him to say anything negative about my friends.

2009 and 2010 .. . even though she wrote that back in 2007 she was not assertive
no she was not
she wrote 2007 she would not stand . . . she was not assertive

do you have a problem with
no I do not have any problem with you sir

2009 and 2010 when you met her . . . exhibit #510 all of a sudden you are saying you don't understand . . even though it was written down this indicates she was assertive

assertiveness is a primary characteristic behavior . . . say what is on your mind . . . . mere fact she wrote it down is not evidence of assertivenesss
you are speculating that she did not say this to TA
over the 20-30 hours I met with her and reading her writings and her telling me
the same individual who wasn't truthful on the PDS, lied to police, called TA after she killed him, individual that lied to her friends
I don't know

you were asked about conversation with Leslie Ude . .
I remember
the defendant said althought statements were not true . . . all this range of knowledge all this spoken word . .. but you look @ entry 2007 you can say she is not assertive
assertive is a behavior not what she wrote down

you didn't talk to Daniel freeman, leslie Ude, anyone in her family just spoke with the defendant based up what ever material you had - you made decision she was not assertive
right

#511 you were asked bout lower portion

certain things that will never sit right with me about him . . . for example he always makes that ridiciluous joke -families can be forever why do you want to spend so much timewith them now? . . . I abhor that I want a family man - who takes family seriously I know he jokes but take family . . . . .I know a joke but if he could marry me - he would have won the wife lottery . . . . that is sweet I want to be wife . . . . travis is awesome no doubt but I know something . . . spent a year of my life . . . wasn't thrilled I was devastated tht he cheated on me . . .

this gives content to the paragraph . . .
uh I don't know is that continuous?
yes . . . . 698 . ..
that is several pages . . .

I am just showing you the defendant

:lol: Travis' brother looks like he is going to burst out laughing. I'm right there with him.

It is easy to WRITE an assertive statement, but there is no proof she was assertive because she claimed to be unassertive? Right. I'd say that she was pretty assertive the day she MURDERED Travis. She didn't shy away from conflict, and sure told him the way it should be.

But there's a difference between assertive and aggressive. Jodi was hostile and sneaky and IMO was the epitome of passive aggressive. She did sneaky manipulative stuff behind Travis' back but to his face acted like it was ok for him to take Mimi to Cancun and acted like she was ok with them dating other people etc.

JA Travis clearly was a family man. He just didn't want to spend time with YOUR family.

Just caught Travis' brother try to smother his smile/laughter. :great:

I LOVE to see this family smile, especially the brother who's face never wavers from seriousness or disgust. Love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious38