trial day 34: the defense continues its case in chief #97

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i can't believe baez is a celeb now. gross. i lost all respect for these guys for having him on there. he got a baby killer off fffs.
The principle players on this show may as well be sporting rainbow wigs and red noses! As much as I am addicted to this case, HLN AD is one program I can walk away from. It COULD be a quality program if it were not so silly.

Physics teaches us that really anything is possible.

There is an infinitesimal probability, like 1/10^n, where n is a very large number with like hundreds (at least) of decimal place,
that every quark in your body will spontaneously tunnel to Mars and reassemble (like transport ala Star Trek).

I guess JA's claims are slightly more probable.

Everyone that was interviewed or asked about JA had a common theme. Socially awkward around people in groups. If you notice, she doesn't really have the typical girlfriends that most all women have. She doesn't seem to have any social skills at all. But NOW that she has viciously murdered Travis, she has friends from all around the world. People sending her notes, money, encouragement and even a fan club. Perhaps it is the generation we now live in with all the computers, Iphones- Ipads but it just sickens me. I wonder how many loyal fans she would have if it were their brother/son/uncle/newhew that she viciously slaughtered?

sidebar: All JA ever had going for her were her looks. Women did not want their husbands around her. The reason is obvious. Men are very visual. JA has always played her seduction card. EVEN, back when Det. Flores was interviewing her. Remember when he left the room and Jodi did her famous yoga move? She knew he was watching her. That position she was in was clearly suductive. Like look at me, I am very "bendy"...If you quit asking me questions I'll even let you feel/grope my $300.00 implants. ARRGGGG
That's how she gets men like Gus and Bigger Gus to like/want/say anythig for her. Thats how she has gotten by in life. It's her looks. She never had or needed social skills.
That didn't work on Flores or JM though!

ITA _ I have said this from day one _ once the story came of it being TA's gun. She has some idea where she dumped it and I would send everyone I could to search for it so that my story could be proven.
That is an excellent point that I had over looked. If she could prove it was his gun it would give credit to her story and possibly save her life. Obviously it wasn't his gun and her story is bunk.

If JA really wanted anyone to believe that she isn't the one who stole the grandparent's gun and used it to kill TA, then she would tell where she dumped the gun she said belonged to TA and PROVE it was not the stolen grandparent's gun. I just don't believe the fog story for a second, so not remembering what she did with it doesn't work for me.

Therefore, I must think that the gun she so well hid from everyone IS the stolen grandparent's gun that she brought with her to kill TA. And since none of the knives found in the house appear to be a match to TA's injuries, I think she brought it with her and also took it away when she left the home. To me bringing the weapons to his home is premeditation!
BBM

VERY good point, there is so much useless information from the defense side, so many days of droning nonesense that things like these don't come to mind to me anymore. I'm just angry. Maybe that is what the defense wants.

I also get the anger towards Nurmi and Willnot. It's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta' do it.

We'd hate anyone who defended her LOL. Being a defense attorney is a thankless job-for the innocent they are essential. There are high caliber defense attorneys (Baez, DP's Dream Team), ok defense attorneys (Geragos, IMO), and then there is just sub-par (JA's team). No matter who defended her people wouldn't like him/her.

In this case....the sides are so unequal it is pitiful. If I was innocent I would in no way look to Nurmi or Wilmott for representation. Maybe its because it is SO OBVIOUS what they are dealing with when it comes to her but still, if I was innocent I would want someone going to bat for me and taking the case seriously and having the passion of Juan. They have NONE of that. To me it seems like Nurmi feels like he knows his case is lost and there is not a prayer in the world that could save it so he wants to put minimal energy so there isn't an overturn (should she get the DP) and collect his private practice salary.

I've turned off the buzzer because it was just pissing me off when Jodi was on the stand. My husband played where will I find my socks today..not in the drawer..oh their in the dryer. I told him he knows how to fold and find his panty drawer.

"Panty drawer"! I love it! :great:

I would hope that if I were on the jury during a DP trial....that I would have enough sense to not let "gender" play a role in my verdict. A murderer is a murderer.

And I am glad you can be so objective, but in reality, most people DO harbor some notion of "difference" between genders in many ways, whether they realize it or not.

I think we can all HOPE that none of these jurors will have trouble voting m1, but until we hear their verdict read, we won't KNOW. And I am a bit worried about it in the meanwhile.

Also, MOO, so I don't get accused of being a spy or Jodi supporter. :rolleyes:

Good afternoon, folks. I managed to get some things done this morning. Still need to empty the dishwasher but can do that as soon as it's cool. I will "talk" DH through shrimp risotto while I watch livestream of the trial and follow discussion here.

I hope we get to jury questions for Samuels today as I'm sure that they will be a barometer of how they feel about the good doc's testiphony. I'm not the least bit impressed with RS and doubt that the jury bought what he tried to sell. AFAIC, the doc's testing methods were flawed as he manipulated the scores to fit the DT's strategy. :moo:

I think if Travis' family could buy back his life for that amount they would consider it cheap. Unfortunately they cannot. It doesn't seem as wasteful if we think about it as buying justice for Travis, not buying a trial for Jodi.

JMHO

What's really sad is TAs family isn't afforded the same financial support from the legal system as his admitted killer is supported.. That they've most likely drained their financial resources to be a "silent voice" in courtroom for their beloved TA. Guess that's the injustice of our justice system! JMHO

Watching the vid of the psycho B*&%$ popping that pill. How very coy of the wench to wait until the walking Wall of China returned to his seat to block the view.

I want her put to death just for that action alone!

I really think we are making this more difficult than what it is:

• Premeditation:
    In May 2008 she asked DB to borrow two gas cans
    She did, in fact, get those gas cans on June 3, 2008
    Her Grandfather's 25 cal. gun came up missing
    Travis was killed with a 25 caliber
    She dyed her hair brown (When she rented the car she was blonde)
    She borrowed money from a friend
    She asked for a neutral colored rental car w/o GPS
    She purchased a third gas can

• Jodi admitted she killed Travis
    She changed her story three times
    She had clarity to clean up the crime scene
    She had clarity to dispose of the gun
    She went to see another man within hours of the killing
    And she even told the jury if she wasn't caught, she would have to think if she would have ever confessed.
I'm sure there are many more incidents to add to the list.

Some are taking Jodi’s account of what happened at TA’s on June 4th as truth. He was up waiting on her, they slept, had sex, he attacked her…..this is JODI’S account and there is no one to dispute her claim. IMO, first of all TA didn’t own a gun, she never feared for anything. TA was wet and nude so all she had to do was run out of the house. Period.

CA trial is over. It's time to move on for me.

Juan M. has done everything but stand on his head in the name of justice. (Oops Jodi did that while singing, talking to herself, perusing through a trash can, etc.)

Call it what you want PTSD, sociopath, whatever...but it still comes down to: She admitted brutally killing another person.

To me it is what it is. Whether she will get the death penalty we shall see, but IMO she will be found guilty.

According to AZ jury instruction:
Pr-meditation means intent or knowledge to kill another human being.

"Premeditation" means that the defendant intended to kill another human being or knew [he] [she] would kill another human being, and after forming that intent or knowledge, reflected on the decision before killing. It is this reflection, regardless of the length of time in which it occurs, that distinguishes first-degree murder and second-degree murder. An act is not done with premeditation if it is the instant effect of a sudden quarrel or heat of passion. [The time needed for reflection is not necessarily prolonged, and the space of time between the intent or knowledge to kill and the act of killing may be very short.] pg PDF 71

REVISED ARIZONA JURY INSTRUCTIONS (CRIMINAL) Third Edition 2011

http://www.azbar.org/media/292098/2011_cumulative_supplement.pdf

Thank you for posting this.

It's interesting to me that all pre-planning aside (rental care, theft of gun, gas cans, etc.) she is guilty of premeditated murder by her own admission that she went for the gun and pulled the trigger. She can say all she wants that she didn't have time to reflect, but she said it: "I remembered the gun and I pointed it at him with both of my hands!"

Also, she can claim she doesn't remember squat after the gun discharged, but the fact is, by her own testimony, she used a knife to finish what she started.

JA is innocent people and their sympathizers say that if she was planning on shooting him, she would have done it as soon as he opened the door and not waited to have sex with him. To them, it proves that something happened to provoke her.

????? What?

Physics teaches us that really anything is possible.

There is an infinitesimal probability, like 1/10^n, where n is a very large number with like hundreds (at least) of decimal place,
that every quark in your body will spontaneously tunnel to Mars and reassemble (like transport ala Star Trek).

I guess JA's claims are slightly more probable.

Talk nerdy to me lil_buddy. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good afternoon, folks. I managed to get some things done this morning. Still need to empty the dishwasher but can do that as soon as it's cool. I will "talk" DH through shrimp risotto while I watch livestream of the trial and follow discussion here.

I hope we get to jury questions for Samuels today as I'm sure that they will be a barometer of how they feel about the good doc's testiphony. I'm not the least bit impressed with RS and doubt that the jury bought what he tried to sell. AFAIC, the doc's testing methods were flawed as he manipulated the scores to fit the DT's strategy. :moo:

Shrimp risotto...fancy schmancy BDE....

I'm making my way to your house for dinner tonight neighbor

(Totally KIDDING)...:seeya:

That is an excellent point that I had over looked. If she could prove it was his gun it would give credit to her story and possibly save her life. Obviously it wasn't his gun and her story is bunk.

And did she testify under oath that she has a memory of tossing it in the dessert or a trash bin (I can't remember which I've washed my hands in hot water recently:)). So some memory was formed she wasn't in the absolute amnesia at that time or she would have zero memory of tossing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801