trial day 35: the defense continues its case in chief #100

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading on the KCL thread that a juror is supposedly mouthing something to the killer. Is this true or a rumor gone wild?

I'm asking over here because it was supposed to have happened as they left for lunch, I believe. And someone over on that thread asked not to post outside questions. Hope I'm in the right place! :)

I think there was an appeal at another trial over the spectators wearing buttons with the victims picture on it. It went up to the higher courts I believe, and I wish I could remember the name of the case.

See below:
Carey v. Musladin, 549 U.S. 70 (2006), is a United States Supreme Court case involving the standard for when a federal court can grant habeas corpus relief to overturn a criminal conviction based on the state court's misapplication of established federal law. At issue was whether a criminal defendant's constitutional right to a fair trial was violated when relatives of the alleged victim were permitted to sit in the courtroom as spectators during trial, wearing buttons that displayed the victim's image.
The Supreme Court ruled that the state court did not unreasonably apply clearly established federal law when it upheld the conviction. The Court's prior rulings on when courtroom practices prejudiced the right to a fair trial were limited to state-sponsored conduct, and had consequently left it an open question regarding the conduct of spectators.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carey_v._Musladin

My thinking is he probably didn't want to go any further to diagnosis it, because if he did it wouldn't have been helpful to her case. By the way did anyone catch a look at her face when he made the "other" personality disorder comment. I have a feeling JA wouldn't "likey" that answer.
I absolutely agree!!! Hello, Cluster B. ;)

It really is very telling that the jury had to pry that out of him too. Needless to say, Jodi is very lucky I'm not sitting on that jury. My jury question would probably be asking if I could administer the injection! :biggrin:

low self esteem common but not normal??? thanks doc.....now my self esteem is worse since now i am not normal either lol

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Interesting, no one wearing Justice for JA ribbons huh? That's um, yeah okay. I'm with the poster that said everyone on the victims side should all wear clothes the same color blue as the ribbon...everyday. Go big and you won't go home...

Ummmmmm why is the murderer allowed with pencil in hand to handle important papers that are MARKED AS EVIDENCE!!!?!!! Wow really wth

Does Gus Sr sound a little pzzy? Will he start yelling "SIR" soon?

It appears Jodi has changed from Marm and meek to trying to Dress to Impress.

Carp I lost track of the time I hope I havent missed anything

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

He "chose" to score Jodi's test manually when it could have been done on a computer. He might deny it, but I think that RS probably altered the scores to fit the defense strategy. :moo:

His answer to the hypothesis driving the data to conform is such bs. Researchers have to be constantly monitored and checked by peers, and it's why double blind tests are used in some studies. Having training doesn't in any way alleviate this problem.

Gitana - when she asked JA questions, she would ask the question and then add, if yes....

That's what I recall. Will have to go back and listen. It seems different for me today. Probably just me.

I think the very least we can assume is that this jury is not dim witted and there will be a fair verdict. I pray it's the right one, but with some of the astute minds on this jury and JM at the helm, this is the very best shot TA has at justice. I almost feel bad for JA, not for the justice here, but for what's waiting for her on the other side.

Not to be anything like *****y here, but I don't really care what is waiting for JA on the other side. Have you looked at all the crime scene/autopsy photos, it was just a horrific, brutal murder x 3 and I can only wish her the worst.

I think listening to this guy is killing my brain cells.. Is this PTSD???

She's just upset because there are no JA ribbons! Who would wear one willingly?!? :twocents:

Well, of course, Dr, Samuels would! He's trying to improve her self esteem after all!

she just had a pencil in her left hand and it is now gone .......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay