Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So now she tried to leave? ???

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I think there was an appeal at another trial over the spectators wearing buttons with the victims picture on it. It went up to the higher courts I believe, and I wish I could remember the name of the case.

To add to my earlier link:

[FONT=&quot]In 1994 Mathew Musladin shot and killed Tom Studer. Musladin admitted to killing Studer during the trial, but claimed he did so in self-defense. The jury rejected Musladin's self-defense claim and convicted him of murder. During the trial, members of Studer's family sat in the front row of the gallery wearing buttons with pictures of Studer. Musladin's attorney objected to the buttons, but the trial court refused to order the buttons removed, saying it saw "no possible prejudice to the defendant." Musladin appealed the decision to the California Court of Appeal, which affirmed the trial court's ...iams"][COLOR=blue]Estelle v. Williams[/COLOR][/I] 425 U.S. 501 (1976) and Holbrook v. Flynn 475 U.S. 560 (1986). The test indicated prejudice against the defendant must be justified by an essential "state" interest. The appeals court found the test was applicable to behavior by private spectators and that the decision to permit the buttons unfairly prejudiced the defendant. The state appealed to the United States Supreme Court.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Opinion of the Court[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In his brief majority opinion, Justice Clarence Thomas began by indicating that Williams v. Taylor 529 U. S. 362 (2000) limits the phrase "clearly established federal law" to the holding instead of the Dictum[url] of prev...iolated by permitting the buttons.[/B][/FONT]

in thread 99: TxBlondie said:
I try to be at all times impartial except when the defendant is making googly eyes at me and offering oral...

When RS is testifying, I keep thinking of the movie "Serial Mom" and the part where the pervert from the ladies' room is testifying. He's incredibly distracted because Serial Mom (knowing he's a peeping tom) keeps opening and closing her her legs (she's wearing a dress) under the defense table, starting slowly and working up to very fast. He's sweating and can't tell his story because he's so turned on and fixated on flashes (or possible flashes) of her lady bits.

I'm wondering if that scene is going through any of the juror's minds.

Oh no! Did he just say she tried "flight?" Oh gee whiz! There goes the running in the closet!

He sounds like he's getting tired of answering these questions. Especially the ones that appear snarky.

he checked his work several times....yeah how did that work out for ya before there doc

Wow! Great question! Digging him on his work! Or lack of! :lol:

Wrong! According to JA, she chose to go into the closet rather than flee.

Carp I lost track of the time I hope I havent missed anything

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

You didn't miss a thing, the camera focused on the seal moved .0001 inches to the right I think, that was it...

There's nothing he's said in all of his testimony that's surprised me. Nothing. All very much to the expected script. Blah blah blah. NEXT!

This guy is answering in a confusing way...imo

So then why does the test ask for the specific cause of the trauma?

I was reading on the KCL thread that a juror is supposedly mouthing something to the killer. Is this true or a rumor gone wild?

I'm asking over here because it was supposed to have happened as they left for lunch, I believe. And someone over on that thread asked not to post outside questions. Hope I'm in the right place! :)

That is incorrect. One juror (female) chuckled when the jury was going out.

I think someone also said Jodi said something about juror #2?

They think she's a liar and they think he's an idiot (or deceptive) for not making that the number one issue. His avoiding the elephant in the room which is pathological lying has nullified his entire testimony and made her situation worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stewsj