trial day 36: the defense continues its case in chief #104

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JW is not going to get another shot at him is she?? She will just do direct again if so. Please say NO!

not unless there are more jury questions...then she will be able to followup those questions only...but JM rarely objects using beyond scope because he likes for them to throw more manure on the pile! :floorlaugh:

Argh I know hes writing all these down for a reason right? The reason I dunno :/

Any thoughts?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I think he's doing it for a reason, too. And he's doing them backwards, last to first, writing up the page, not down - I'm sure he has a reason, but I don't know what that is.

I think Arias opened the door when she complained that her jail cell was smaller than Travis' closet. Many here have gone on to point out how much smaller Travis' grave and coffin are to her cell :(

Thanks snowcat, I do remember her saying that and my heart just breaks for Travis and his family.

Must be the defense tactic of the decade:

29c6uix.png

I just HATE when I am sitting and my breasts are on the table.

Jodi must like it.

I think it clarifies and better encodes in memory the talking points. More likely the jury will remember.

I think having the question up on the jumbo screen helps the jury stay focused on the question when Mr. Dr. Samuels goes off on one of his tangential obfuscation tours.

Dang it! I was hoping Juan was leading up to showing the handstand clip....singing, whining about make-up, etc. :banghead:

I think that testimony about hitting her Mom is big. I would say a HUGE minority of people could NEVER imagine striking their own mother under any cirumstances. It is also in direct conflict to her demeanor in court and her accounts of being timid when Travis was mean to her.

Maybe Jodi's dad did shove her into a doorway, trying to dislodge Jodi's hands from around Sandy's throat.

My understanding of the "inability to recall important aspects of the trauma" symptom is that it's not total amnesia but the tendency of people to focus on one part of a trauma and exclude others, sort of a tunnel vision. Like the robbery victim who can describe the gun in detail but not the clothes the assailant was wearing.

I've never, ever had someone who described actual amnesia and I've diagnosed quite a few people with PTSD.

It isn't amnesia they just don't see it because they only see the gun. There is psychological forgetting due to the trauma. There is only Alcoholic Blackout, Severe Traumatic Brain Injury, advance dementia and Alzheimer's that can cause a person to truly not remember a single thing after the event. (Disclaimer: if there others I can't think of them of don't know them due to not going to medical school lol)

To rely on a person who is a suspect on trial for Capital 1st Degree Murder facing a DP sentence is the worst occurrence to rely on what the person says. Aries is going to lie period. Lying is a defense mechanism BUT it is to cover thy butt especially under these circumstance.

Professional Opinion and JMHO too

maybe it is the way JW is styling her hair but it looks like she has a bald spot forming. Nurmi looks like he was over ready to get something to eat. He cracks me up when there is a side-bar. He walks to the front like a little boy that was asked to math problems on the board. He is completely gone since Dr. Fog has took the stand.
JA writing stuff down, trying to look interested and like she is "important".. Her whole life is about being something she isn't. Vampire hunter, Mormon and now a lawyer.

When Jodi stood up for the jury when they were leaving for the lunch break Jodi is a lot taller than wilmont when they did the hieght comparrison before.

And JW is wearing 3-4" heels! It looked like JA's chair was lowered to the floor - at least 6" lower than Wilmott's chair, lol! I don't know why they don't just put JA in a playpen on the floor!

I think he's doing it for a reason, too. And he's doing them backwards, last to first, writing up the page, not down - I'm sure he has a reason, but I don't know what that is.

He is making a crossword puzzle in which at the end of this will spell BULLS**T

I shall from now on refer to JA as craterhead.

So everything he flagged either existed previously or is based 100% on what she claimed regardless of any contradictory evidence.
oops I forgot one - or is a result of being incarcerated.

JM is shredding this guy -- amirite?

I'm in neurology and I have no idea what "experimental brain probes" RS is talking about.
You are RIGHT!! :great:

i think it was brilliant of JM to get that into the court.
Brilliant. He is!

An omission isn't a typo - it's not incorrect as to a missed or mistaken keystroke, it doesn't exist, it isn't there.
Omission and added in later... is that STILL an omission?

Ms. Wilmont is being hyper-vigilant of her surroundings today and looks very apprehensive. Maybe she is having sleepless nights and nightmares of JA.

She will have PTSD after this trial!!

When Jodi stood up for the jury when they were leaving for the lunch break Jodi is a lot taller than wilmont when they did the hieght comparrison before.

I noticed this too. I think Wilmont wore taller high heels the day they did the height comparison.

Based on today's observation, I think Wilmont is very short. Probably 5' or so. She looked like she was wearing 2-3" heels today.

My understanding of the "inability to recall important aspects of the trauma" symptom is that it's not total amnesia but the tendency of people to focus on one part of a trauma and exclude others, sort of a tunnel vision. Like the robbery victim who can describe the gun in detail but not the clothes the assailant was wearing.

I've never, ever had someone who described actual amnesia and I've diagnosed quite a few people with PTSD.

Since you obviously know about this, I hope you can answer my question -- what is the difference between amnesia, like the doctor is talking about, and "blocking" out a memory?

The reason I ask is that I had an experience about 10 years ago when I walked in on a friend who had tried to commit suicide by cutting her wrists in the bathtub -- the bath water was red from her blood; I pulled her out of the tub, called 911, wrapped her wrists with torn t-shirts, and then cleaned up the blood all over her bathroom floor after the ambulance took her. (she was fine, BTW) Anyway, after the event, I apparently "blocked" the memory for years -- for years and years I never thought of that incident, and it was sort of like it was gone from my awareness. If someone had asked me if I had ever witnessed a suicide attempt, I would have said "no" because that incident was just blocked from my recall and awareness.

Many years later, something triggered the memory and I suddenly remembered the incident in full detail, and I was amazed that I had "forgotten" about it for so many years.

What is that phenomenon? And how does it fit with the doc's description of amnesia and fog re: Jodi's memory?

The chair has been sinking a bit at a time, just like Casey Anthony's did, and now it can't be lowered any further. I think it looks hilarious!

Juror question:
How can you state she's a pacifist when you acknowledge she abused her mother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth