trial day 36: the defense continues its case in chief #105

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So does this mean he didn't do his duty by reporting her wishes to commit suicide because he felt bad that she would be thrown into a cell naked?

Jodi testified that when she spoke to Leslie Udy, she realized they would check Travis' voicemail, so she'd better call too. Same with the text and email, which she made a point to mention to Det Flores.
So the doctor is either saying Jodi lied on the stand, or he is mistaken - both can't be true.

shes totally dragging this out to the end of the day,seriously we're going to have over an hour on two jury questions?

shutupshutupshutupshutupshutup

Unfortunately, given his (ahem) expertise, I'm afraid we are in for Nurmi doing the direct with ALV... brace yourselves. It's going to be a rough couple of da- weeks...

Noooooo!!!

This line of questioning is so stupid... why not just ask, if the defendant commits suicide should you then alert the authorities because they had a plan.

IIRC, JM asked him about suicide and why he did NOT report it prison officials.

I hope Juan gets to get up there one more time and ask "When is a LIE just a LIE?"

The outcome doesn't matter. If she was suicidal, he should have reported it - weather it was humiliating or not.

I am so sick of this load of crap from this doctor.

:please: PLEASE GO AWAY :please:

--------

"Judge may we approach"...JUST ONCE I want to hear this Judge say NO YOU CAN'T APPROACH!!!:furious:

Good grief. Now she has a problem with putting people on suicide watch? Is she for real?

They don't like being eyeballed... Embarrassing..,

Whatever....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes let's say JM needs to move on NOT....OR could it be that the DT has to approach on every objection. The Judge said SUSTAINED!

Me at this point in time:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBPrdX-cqF0"]Breaking Bad S5E3 - SHUT UP! - YouTube[/ame]

All the "what ifs" for suicide is irrelevant at this point Jennifer.

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

What is the 18 page letter I saw mentioned upthread? Was it introduced? Can we read it?

(sorry, trying to catch up after missing bits and pieces while at work)

Jodi wrote the 18 page letter to TA grandmother (after she slaughtered him). NOT introduced. We've never seen it ... just heard about it.

Can someone explain why the trial has wasted so much time on the PTSD garbage? I feel so dense but I just don't see what in the world it has to do with whether or not she murdered Travis in self defense or whether or not it was premeditated.

imho, anyone could suffer from PTSD after brutally murdering someone whether it was premeditated or not. Why does it matter how SHE was affected by his murder???

For a few reasons (from the defense perspective, not mine!!)... it has the potential to give an explanation for all the lies and cover-up stories. Essentially explains her wacky behavior even though she's not clinically insane.

But I believe that it also creates some doubt with what happened with the stabbing. If the jury were to believe that after she shot Travis, she immediately went in to this stress disorder / PTSD mode, it may explain her enraged stabbing of him... basically saying it wasn't really her being in control of her own actions. It takes away the cruelty factor of the crime, which could affect her sentencing.

In JA's words... The short answer is... it's all a bunch of BS used as a smoke screen.

really wilmott? humiliating? Nothing humiliates this chick.

oh brother.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member