trial day 36: the defense continues its case in chief #106

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear there's a good outlook!!! Hope everything turns out well! My 13 year old chichi has to have surgery tomorrow - i trust my vet 100% but i still worry since she's older!

Prayers for your chichi too!

I think both of his parents died as a result of drug abuse. But he and his siblings (i think) went to live with their Mummum before the parents died.

I don't have any links or anything, just remembering from articles I've read.

I thought his father died in a motorcycle accident, but I may have dreamt that :/

The courtroom nor the viewing public ever hears the judge conferring with counsel, so someday rather than approaching the bench, the questions and answers will be communicated on smart phones. Or an even smarter device. Nothing would be lost. In the meantime, how about ear trumpets from the 1890's, or any substitute for J.W.'s constant marches & entreaties? She has given new meaning to tedium. The flow and rhythm of the proceeding is ruined by these disruptions and any opposing counsel would grind his teeth.

Has there been any information about his childhood other than the intro to his book on his blog? I haven't heard anyone speak to it, ever, including any of the other family members. Not that I'd expect them to, necessarily.

Not that has been entered into evidence. I didn't watch all of the testimony, but I didn't see anything that goes into detail regarding the type of horrific childhood that the family had until their grandmother took them all in and raised them.

It will come in at some point. Most likely in the sentencing phase...

He has bluffed that the neighbors saw her there, too. Even though no one did.

We don't know that yet, JA testified to arriving at TA's around 4:00 a.m., in rebuttal JM may put a neighbor on the stand to rebut JA's testimony, and say she was seen at another time. Maybe JM will also call a ballistics expert to testify about the bullets found at her Mom's house, we'll just have to wait and see.

Glad to hear there's a good outlook!!! Hope everything turns out well! My 13 year old chichi has to have surgery tomorrow - i trust my vet 100% but i still worry since she's older!

Yes, mine is having surgery tonight. He is older too. Prayers for the totally innocent. Right!? Sorry for o/t'ness.

Is this the photo that Travis had in his closet? If so, then it probably is where Jodi got the Spidey pants idea.

Great idea but I don't think so . Here's the closet photo and there's a blue shirt. I do believe however that she absolutely was well aware of all of Travis' photos. I wonder where he kept it , if it was at his house or on his computer etc. She must have seen it!

ht_closet_arias_kb_ss_130227_ssh.jpg

Oops?
Ut oh my bad.. are yahoo, quack and doc mcgoo bad nicknames?
they could be easily replaced with an icon instead if bothers ya'll :facepalm:

It doesn't "bother" me. I think it's juvenile and against WS TOS, but you just do whatever makes YOU happy. ;)

Icons are a great idea. :facepalm:

No? Most experts testify VERY predominantly for one side or the other. Like 95-100%. In fact, imo, that testimony was elicited to show that she's NOT defense-oriented.

Yes, and I also think that the Defense at this point is only trying to make the scenerio possible, not that it actually happened. The Prosceution is responsible for proving the case.

IMHO, it will be interesting how she handles herself. My only fear is that she seems to like to talk and I don't really think I can stand the thought.

Kelly

For context, here is an extremely abbreviated timeline - but it does put certain things into context (for me anyway).

Met in September 2006 (averaged to Sept. 15)
JA living in Palm Desert CA (long distance)
6 months before they start dating
Started dating on February 2, 2007

Dated for 5 months JA living in Big Sur, CA
(JA living w/MM - long distance for entirety of 'official' dating)
JA and Travis break up June 2007

3 months 'broken up' then:
JA Moves to Mesa AZ August 2007
JA lives 7-8 months in Mesa, moves 2x w/in minutes of Travis.

JA Moves to Yreka CA April 2008
2 months no physical contact (?)

June 4, 2008

Time span: From meeting until June 4, 2008:
628 days
1 year, 8 months, 20 days
---
Please feel free to correct any factual errors :)

628 days. Even when JA lived in Mesa they were not on good terms much of the time, so their being together then is limited as well...

:seeya: THANK YOU for this particular timeline ... it really helps narrow their "relationship," which was certainly very limited.

So during this time-frame, with the exception of the 5 months they were "together" :

- Jodi SLASHED Travis' tires ...
- Jodi SLASHED Travis' female friends tires ...
- Jodi HACKED INTO Travis' e-mails and HACKED whatever else she could get into ...
- Jodi continuously STALKED Travis ...
- Jodi would SPY and STALK Travis thru the windows of his house ...
- Jodi would SNEAK into the house thru his "doggy door"...
- Jodi would HIDE in his closet [per Travis' friends]

[I know there's more ... but YKWIM]

- Then Jodi PRE-MEDITATED Travis' MURDER !

Yet, Jodi is the one who has a "domestic violence" expert ? OFGS !

This is just bass-ackwards :furious:

Travis is the one who needed a "domestic violence" expert to get away from this psycho ... it's a shame he did not get a restraining order ...

JMO but this DV expert is going to be a WASTE ... a HUGE WASTE !

:moo:

Wow! It may be hormonal (my fellow WS'er chat room folks may identify this as "in heat") but that picture just made me burst out in tears. I hate her.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Yes it's heartbreaking. Not only has JA taken his life but she continues to slander his good name. No matter the outcome of the trial, there are some people who will continue to believe her lies about Travis. My heart breaks for him & his family.

I missed most of Juan's cross today, so I'm just catching up. All I can say is wow, wow, wow. Juan was on fire today, and Wilmott looked blindsided. I predict that MM is going to be a State's witness. He's been mentioned too many times in Juan's cross examinations not to be called at some point. I can't wait to hear what he knows. And who is Aaron Mortenson (went with JA to the memorial service)?

I can't wait for Juan's rebuttal. It is going to blow this case sky high in favor of the prosecution (like they need any more help). MOO.

We don't know that yet, JA testified to arriving at TA's around 4:00 a.m., in rebuttal JM may put a neighbor on the stand to rebut JA's testimony, and say she was seen at another time. Maybe JM will also call a ballistics expert to testify about the bullets found at her Mom's house, we'll just have to wait and see.

Wouldn't that have to have been presented in the State's Case In Chief? Rebuttal isn't for new evidence. Am I wrong here, legal eagles? Please correct me if so.

And there's a chance she will be a bit less partial, in which case JM will probably go a little easier on her. But not too much.

I think if there is a defense witness who can and will hold her own against Juan, it will be this one. DV is her entire life, just as Juan's entire life is prosecuting criminal cases. Her passion is equivalent to his, in other words. Let the games begin.

How about Chris Hughes and the dirt he has on Jodi? And it IS needed to counter Sameuls' claims of her being "passive" and not assertive. It goes to her credibility.

As for the casing, you can tell the brand. The shell recovered at the scene was stamped with, "Win 25 auto". Doubt it would take a forensic scientist to use a magnifying glass.

Whaaaat? Does Chris Hughes have something on Jodi we haven't yet heard? :what:

Do tell!

Great idea but I don't think so . Here's the closet photo and there's a blue shirt. I do believe however that she absolutely was well aware of all of Travis' photos. I wonder where he kept it , if it was at his house or on his computer etc. She must have seen it!

ht_closet_arias_kb_ss_130227_ssh.jpg

This is so O/T but every time I see Travis' closet I just marvel at how organized and pretty it is. I wish my closets looked like that.

Drives me crazy when DD say Cy-cop-athy (psychopathy)....Maybe that is the proper pronunciation, but I need to voice Webster it.

So in other words, Flores has never admitted to bluffing about this. You're just assuming that's the case.
He doesn't have "admit" it. It is a very common tactic that police use in interrogations. Interrogations are not like testifying in courtroom. They can say whatever they want to get witnesses to talk. This is why some people "lawyer up." No one has to talk to the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth