trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #107

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about that text message about JA saying she'd whatever Travis in the nose?

Well she has Jodi pegged. Wilmott has no idea what she is doing...hilarious.

Ignoring someone/asking too many questions is abusive...because Ms. Laviolette says so. In other words everything is everything.

It is very generalised. I don't get it, how it is useful. Is there any validity or reliability attached to this? Is it a guideline, an authority, what? It sounds like a theory to me not based in anything other than self-reports. Did she do other tests???

The last documented contact that Travis had with JA was him telling her to get out of his life. Doesn't that mean she was the one that didn't want to let go of the relationship? Is there any documentation that Travis initiated any contact after that? I don't mean responding to any contact initiated by JA but him contacting her independtly?
And threat to kill themselves? Ding, ding, we have a winner.

A well-thought out threat to kill - make threats to partner, or threaten suicide.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

What did she win, Johnny :)

JM's first words on cross:

'ALV, first and foremost, thank you for coming today as a state witness, you have managed to describe the defendant without a miss, did you know that we have heard testimony about ___________ (insert one of the gazillion things that ALV doesn't know about)

OK let's hear about female perpetrators who are abusive towards MALES!

One thing I've noticed is that when women behave badly, the claim is often made that they are emulating male behavior patterns. An article on the binge drinking problem in the UK lamented that women were behaving in a blokey male fashion, rather than just like drunk women, or, to be more specific, drunks.

I have a feeling that our "expert" will simply claim that in female on female abuse, one or both are behaving like a male.

You know how it is. When a guy criticizes, it's in an incidious abusive way, when a woman does the same, up to and including relentless soul-destroying nagging, an expert of this sort will spin it with a label such as "she's just making her needs known".

I hate the social constructivist babbling of gender advocates.

Tut tut defence team.... you really dropped that ball. You were so blinded by Alyce & her continuum that you didn't realise you've painted your own 'victim' as the abuser.
Jealousy-tick!
Property destruction-tick!
Self-obsessed-tick tick tick!
Doesn't respect privacy-tick!
Using sexuality as power-tick!

Jodi's the one 1 who hates her own family, did Travis really need to turn her aginast them?

does the jury know about all this?

before we get started today...I wanted to light a candle for all domestic abuse survivors, victims and those who live with it every day.

3473070296_8d0228647f1.jpg

May strength be with those who may find today's testimony rough :hug:

Breathe. Remember to breathe, y'all.

This is ridonkulous..

There is no way this was a domestic abuse case except on Jodi's end. Slashing tires, showing up uninvited.

This is bunk and if you have been abused by some one, I think that you are going to be deeply offended by Jodi using this to escape DP.

I think the PTSD was another big blunder..

I am frustrated by this witness. She should know better.

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH

She's describing Jodi completely!! Threats of suicide "control entire family." Wow.

I think she isn't allowed to reference Travis as being abusive, specifically.

KCL posted something about this last night after she spoke to Beth Karas. At least I THINK that was the deal. Please, anyone correct me if I got that wrong.

That's what Beth said...there was a big hearing on that with this witness. And since she couldn't evaluate Travis, she can't paint him in any way as an abuser.

It also appears that she honored the admonition[/B] and seems to have no idea what's come about about the individual for whom she is testifying. Get ready for a biiiiiig surprise ma'am because Juan's questions will go something like this: "On direct, you testified that an abuser does blah-blah. Were you aware that Ms. Arias did blah-blah?"

I know!!! Do you think it's possible we have an honest DV expert????:please:

Didn't Jodi threaten to kill herself alot? and she is saying thats abusive terrorizing behaviour? HMM

I am finding this very interesting. If you can take it out of the context of thinking about it as a defense for Jodi and just take it in, I think she is doing a good job of explaining how abuse works.

RUT RO, she is making the case that Jodi is abusive, by her threats of suicide!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shablee