trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #107

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's let the jury see that tape where Jodi is sitting in Travis' lap and her demeanor and let's talk about this not wanting your partner to spend time with others again, shall we? That will clear a lot of things up.

You're welcome!

How long before the defense asks the Court for leave to treat their own expert as a "hostile witness"? ;)

You can see she is turning into a State witness because of the lack of objections from the State.

Isn't this great!

:great:

I wonder if JW expected her to describe Jodi so well? Seems she is laughing and smiling because she's uncomfortable.

MOO

Mel

Wow, I don't know how smart it is for the DT to bring up stalking behaviors. Juan will have a field day with that. Who moved over 1000 miles away after the relationship ended? Who seemed to always find herself wherever Travis and his date were? How is she possibly going to link stalking behavior to Travis? They would have been smarter to leave stalking alone. That one is going to bite them big time.

:sleep: Wake me up when this is over. I feel like I'm in a class...

Jodi had no friends and Travis encouraged her to have her mystery man to do her in the woods. Not making her isolated from anyone.

Juan so quiet.... this is a good thing. He is absorbing everything ALV has to say.

SBM, respectfully. Where would that act put you on the abuse continuum. Is that better or worse than throwing fruit at passing vehicles? :rocker:

Lol, Jodi's destruction of people's lives continues!!! I am officially a terrorist!!:silenced: lol.

JA looks bored, this is not about her...hmpf...

DT certainly schooled Arias good to get her to mention all these things ALV is saying. Even if they were made up

My guess is this direct examination will be on the short side. JW has to see this isn't going as well as they hoped and is evident in the lack of objections by JM.

Hoes does any of this testimony support the DT's assertion of self defense? :help:

Psychological abuse: you know like spreading stories that someone is a pedophile, or letting everyone know you've been involved in a sexual relationship when it was supposed to remain a secret for religious reasons.

It seems that she was not allowed to talk about Travis directly so she is trying to imply through her testimony that he may have done these things. But it is backfiring on her because everything she says applies more to JA then it ever could to Travis. There are many reports of JA's stalking, violence and other abusive behavior. There is zero regarding Travis.

I think you're exactly right - they're spending so much time on this continuum in broad terms, because she might not be permitted to say anything specific indicating Travis (and she should not be, in my opinion).
If she can't speak about this in terms of Travis, this is the only way for them to get this in. Although, as so many posters her have noted, the inclusion of this information, is likely not a good move for the defense strategy - again, just my opinion.

I know I'm late, but dang. Everybody is wearing black today on the DT?

This is seriously not cute.

I'm bipolar type 2, and what she is describing as "happy days" are probably "manic days". You are trying to make yourself happy by doing self-medicating, self-destructive things, in my experience. You are much more energetic and social, to the point where it is dangerous. Trust me, you do not find happiness on these days.

Me too, Leilei, me too. Manic is not happy, and ITA with your synopsis!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966