trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #107

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The picture of a young Travis Alexander in his Father's arms (wearing spiderman underwear) breaks my heart!

The video of Arias' describing the dog - Arias' dramatic "that I can remember ... OOHH (grabs head) I kicked a dog once."

I"m not sure if in that brief "OOHH" moment, Arias is recalling butchering Travis Alexander. She was probably "seeing" Travis Alexander's dog - then she says, "I kicked a dog once - I was in high school," then gives strange details about the story (including explaining how diapers are when they are wet).

I wish that we could see more of the video - more of Arias' expression when Flores says, "you need to apologize to Travis Alexander."

I also think that Arias thought by telling Flores that she kicked a dog, the dog ran away, this experience changed her world forever, she needs to apologize to the dog - that Flores would say, "Oh Gosh My Golly, Jodi, You could have never butchered Travis Alexander. How could you when you have carried such a burden around for years - longing to find Doggy Boy so that you could apologize to him for barely kicking him - You have such guilt over causing no harm to a dog, Doggy Boy didn't even yelp - or anything! - A person that reacts this way to "Doggy Boy" could not harm a human being - Duh, Jodi, I'm just getting it!"

What I do not really understand - is the defense is saying that Arias wanted to avoid the trauma of murdering Travis Alexander. Yet, Arias says herself that she washed blood off of her hands. Arias has to be a cold calculating murderer to wash blood off of her hands, and, resume life fully - not only did Arias resume life but she reached out to detectives to help with their homicide investigation. Arias wrote/sent an 18 page letter to Travis Alexander's family. Arias sent the Iris Flower Arrangement to Travis Alexander's grandmother.

Arias wrote in her journal that Travis liked the name Iris for a girl, and, "I'll take Iris, thank you very much."

This cryptic statement about the children Arias took away from Travis Alexander having - then choosing to send Irises - after she writes, "I'll take Iris, thank you very much."

It is as though Arias is saying, "Look, I took away all of Travis Alexander's hopes, dreams, love - I took away his future children - "thank you very much!"

I wish there was something about Arias that made her human - there is nothing there - for me, it is what makes Arias so frightening.

WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial
The hearing will not be in this courtroom, it will be down the hallway under a different judge, Joseph Welty. #JodiArias

This is talking about the hearoing tomorrow at 9

What hearing is tomorrow at 9?

I think so but he went and babbled all over the PRO Jodi site.

We just don't know. It MAY be suspect that is was actually him on that site. We know that the prosecution attempted to interview him. We know that an inference has been made that he was the person that the hidden magazine messages were to be sent to. I keep hoping that he will turn up as a prosecution witness, though it matters not which side he appears for, since Juan will flip him with one pinkie finger if he appears as a defense witness. It will be interesting to see what does happen!

It bothers the chit out of me too, Goodanuff! And WELCOME, btw!

I just cannot imagine (as I suppose I should be glad of) WTH she could need to write that is more important than the trial for her life???

Probably writing her biography and a movie script. I could care less, as long as she doesn't hide it under her hiney! Now THAT was annoying as freak.

I had a weird dream last night about this case. I woke up this morning, I don't remember a whole lot about the dream but it was on my mind. As I was taking a shower, I got the chills thinking this: Imagine if JA had somehow manipulated Travis into taking her to Cancun? Imagine if she had devised a way to kill him while in Mexico.

WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial
I am in the courtroom at #JodiArias trial. Judge Stephens is hearing other cases at the moment. Trial should resume at 10:30am PDT.

Oh, let me guess. Promptly at 10:30 per Judge Stephens....:floorlaugh:

Catching up here at work. Saw a tiny bit of the trial yesterday after work and chores, it was Samuels and it gave me a stomach ache.

Mark and Lori Hacking. Neil and Rachel Entwistle too. :( They're really good examples to use because that's what can happen when a psychopath is potentially faced with exposure.

And the May 26th text, just two days before the gun was 'stolen', goes far to only add to that theory. IMO

http://psychopathyawareness.wordpre...-psychopaths-mark-hacking-and-neil-entwistle/

britskate, taking a sec to thank you for your insight. in a way it scares me how naive i am about these type of people. fortunately have not had anyone like this in my life. thanks again. jmo

We just don't know. It MAY be suspect that is was actually him on that site. We know that the prosecution attempted to interview him. We know that an inference has been made that he was the person that the hidden magazine messages were to be sent to. I keep hoping that he will turn up as a prosecution witness, though it matters not which side he appears for, since Juan will flip him with one pinkie finger if he appears as a defense witness. It will be interesting to see what does happen!

Not to forget perjury charges "before his feet hit the ground."

The Hacking case was one of the most bizarre that I've ever followed :eek: How this man was able to dupe so many people for so long is beyond belief. Lori was a lovely young woman who loved her husband. She never realized how dangerous he would be when she confronted him with the truth about his feigned education and acceptance into medical school. :(

And he apparently had good parents/family, as his dad and brother convinced him to plead guilty, and spare everyone from the agony of a trial.

I think what boggles the mind most in these types of cases is these people seem to live moment to moment. Don't they ever think about the future and how will they reconcile their lies? Surely they are not stupid, they know they will eventually be found out.

Sociopaths are like that. They lie their way through life with no fear of consequences.

One irritant of mine,Jodi ALWAYS writing,as if she is the paralegal.She needs to sit there with nothing to do,except listen to the trial.I know it seems petty and I'm not sure why it bothers me so much, but it does,more than I should let it.

She probably does it to stay awake during her own murder trial.
We know how boring the good doctor was.

I may tune out too. There was no abuse.
So far I like this witness and I want to keep it
that way.
Sadly I know better...
I will try and hang in there for Travis!!!

I think what boggles the mind most in these types of cases is these people seem to live moment to moment. Don't they ever think about the future and how will they reconcile their lies? Surely they are not stupid, they know they will eventually be found out.

This is a definitive characteristic of a psychopath.
They don't feel fear, sp. fear of consequences.

"For his first paper, now a classic, Hare had his subjects watch a countdown timer. When it reached zero, they got a "harmless but painful" electric shock while an electrode taped to their fingers measured perspiration. Normal people would start sweating as the countdown proceeded, nervously anticipating the shock. Psychopaths didn't sweat. They didn't fear punishment -- which, presumably, also holds true outside the laboratory."

http://www.hare.org/links/saturday.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member