trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #107

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did hear this witness constantly referring to the abusers as male and the victims as female. I hope she does not take the tack that only males can be abusive. I am an ardent feminist and that attitude really upsets me. Blaming men for everything and casting women always as the victim has nothing to do with wanting social, political and economic equality for both sexes.

We do see more violence among men in general due possibly to testosterone levels affecting abusive men rather than abusive women. But I have certainly seen my share of female domestic abusers. And what about all those mothers who beat and kill their own kids?

There is a trend among feminist academics of this witnesses age, however, to be focused on patriarchy and sometimes on the victim status of women. I hope this lady doesn;t fall into that category. (That's changing rapidly in academia, BTW).

I guess we will see but if she does hold to that tack, JM is going to have her for lunch,

I could swear I heard her speak of abused men. A few times...
Maybe I mis heard.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I SO want to know this too :please:

While we're "on a break" for a moment...

I'm at work during the day (and can't watch streaming video), so my knowledge of the trial testimony has largely come from this website.

I'm making an educated guess that on cross, if JM wants to get into the ways JA fits an abuser/stalker profile, he'll be limited to evidence that has already been admitted. (I see no reason why it would suddenly be admissible simply because "it helps the prosecution even more now.") Can anyone summarize, in a nutshell, what the JURY has heard about JA's stalking activities? I know the bells keep going off for us as we hear/read the expert's testimony, but we know a lot more than the jury does at this point. How much of the tire slashing, e-mails, etc., have they heard so far (and how much of that activity was conclusively tied to JA)?

I didn't know that, I just had two small grandchildren diagnosed with epilepsy. And just got a call from my daughter, My granddaughter is on life support. The dr's are giving her 20% survival.

Reading here to keep my mind busy.
God bless you and your family...prayers

I didn't know that, I just had two small grandchildren diagnosed with epilepsy. And just got a call from my daughter, My granddaughter is on life support. The dr's are giving her 20% survival.

So sorry to hear that katiedid2. Let's pray she will pull through.

O/T To Katiedid2,
I am so sorry. I cannot imagine how scared you and your family are. I don't know what to say but I wanted to express something. Prayers to your family.

I'm sorry to hear this. I will send positive thoughts and prayers. My father also had this.

Holy guacamole Batman! This woman is an awesome witness....for the prosecution!

It's like she is taking Jodi's life...stalker, obsessive, manipulating, sexual aggressor, cruelty to animals, isolating, terrorist (slashing tires, threatening phone calls, having all his passwords to everything), suicidal threats...and on and on and on....and just displaying that in the court room. These jurors have heard all she's done (except for the animal thing...which SHOULD come in now).

Wow...just wow. :what::rocker:

I'm checking in for the 5 min. I have & read your post. How terrible! I am so sorry for your Grandchild... I will keep her & you in my thoughts!

How is Ms. LV going to explain why JA drove over 1,000 miles to be with this abuser? This is total bullchit!!

Before Ms. LaViolette's character is mercilessly scrutinized and dissected, I'd simply like to commend her for the work she has undertaken throughout her career. I think she has spoken very intelligently to the subject of domestic violence and her passion for aiding both victims and perpetrators is laudable.

I agree, she has done much for the victims of domestic violence over the years.

Respectfully though, I am not taking that away from her - she is taking that away from her by the misuse of her knowledge in this trial. :moo:

So sorry...prayers going up for you and your family.

The cat didn't die. It just suffered. :(

Yes, but how many of the things that we know about jodi does the jury know? I can't recall!!!

Oh this just sucks--but now that it has been admitted in testimony can they release the interrogation tape with the dog being kicked and the cat?--

I am currently there - it is not fun.

On another note, JA sounds like they were deeply involved for a long time -
it was only a few months.

BBM : GET OUT

I did it for 18 years, I made every excuse and that's all they are is excuses.

JMO

I am currently there - it is not fun.

On another note, JA sounds like they were deeply involved for a long time -
it was only a few months.

BBM....I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you find the strength soon to leave. It took me 6 long, emotionally draining years before I finally got out of mine.

Yes, but does ALV acknowledge that MEN can be the victims of domestic abuse? Has she spoken with any of them? Has she advocated for and addressed all the victims of false accusations? According to Nancy Grace, ALV was an expert for a woman who murdered her husband. Though likeable and credible, the fact that ALV chose to be a defense expert for JA is a red flag. ALV is in a field that is notoriously biased and politically divisive. Supporting and advocating for victims of domestic abuse is highly admirable... I hope that ALV is unbiased, but I fear her feminist agenda.

ALV gave two examples at one point: a man who ripped out all the plants his partner had planted, and a woman who cut up all her husband's suits. I think she at least TRIES to be even-handed.

I did hear this witness constantly referring to the abusers as male and the victims as female. I hope she does not take the tack that only males can be abusive. I am an ardent feminist and that attitude really upsets me. Blaming men for everything and casting women always as the victim has nothing to do with wanting social, political and economic equality for both sexes.

We do see more violence among men in general due possibly to testosterone levels affecting abusive men rather than abusive women. But I have certainly seen my share of female domestic abusers. And what about all those mothers who beat and kill their own kids?

There is a trend among feminist academics of this witnesses age, however, to be focused on patriarchy and sometimes on the victim status of women. I hope this lady doesn;t fall into that category. (That's changing rapidly in academia, BTW).

I guess we will see but if she does hold to that tack, JM is going to have her for lunch,

I actually was in contact with a psychiatrist at a psychiatric institute several yrs ago who told me that it used to be that men were their largest clientelle but over the past yrs it has changed and now women are almost 2 to 1 over men for psychiatric disorders etc. Anger issues being out of control etc is what we were discussing. I found this info to be really telling about how our society has been changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pollcat12