trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #107

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know that, I just had two small grandchildren diagnosed with epilepsy. And just got a call from my daughter, My granddaughter is on life support. The dr's are giving her 20% survival.

Reading here to keep my mind busy.
:( How awful.
Prayers for you, your grandbaby and family!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

$$$$$$$.....makes some people believe anything. This is just my opinion. I am not disparaging or making fun of, or putting down Ms. LaViolette. :twocents:

As do well planned lies and stories...

I think you are seeing the emergent doctrine of a single assumption butressed by lots of dogma and confirmation bias over the years:

Women = Abused, Male = Abuser.

The gender pronoun for victim is always "she".

That it absolutely doesn't work in this case would be about as alien to this sort of expert as telling a Catholic that the reason they give women can't be priests -- because they can't change the eucharist into the body of Christ -- makes no sense because, in reality, no one can do it, regardless of gender.

*blank stare*

I did hear this witness constantly referring to the abusers as male and the victims as female. I hope she does not take the tack that only males can be abusive. I am an ardent feminist and that attitude really upsets me. Blaming men for everything and casting women always as the victim has nothing to do with wanting social, political and economic equality for both sexes.

We do see more violence among men in general, due possibly to testosterone levels affecting abusive men rather than abusive women. But I have certainly seen my share of female domestic abusers. And what about all those mothers who beat and kill their own kids?

There is a trend among feminist academics of this witness' age, however, to be focused on patriarchy and sometimes on the victim status of women. I hope this lady doesn;t fall into that category. (That's changing rapidly in academia, BTW).

I guess we will see but if she does hold to that tack, JM is going to have her for lunch,

While we're "on a break" for a moment...

I'm at work during the day (and can't watch streaming video), so my knowledge of the trial testimony has largely come from this website.

I'm making an educated guess that on cross, if JM wants to get into the ways JA fits an abuser/stalker profile, he'll be limited to evidence that has already been admitted. (I see no reason why it would suddenly be admissible simply because "it helps the prosecution even more now.") Can anyone summarize, in a nutshell, what the JURY has heard about JA's stalking activities? I know the bells keep going off for us as we hear/read the expert's testimony, but we know a lot more than the jury does at this point. How much of the tire slashing, e-mails, etc., have they heard so far (and how much of that activity was conclusively tied to JA)?

Not taking notes, the jury, but they are paying attention. Doesn't appear good for the Defense. JMO. It is too bad this witness cannot be an advocate for Travis, the ultimate victim. But everything she is describing about aggressors/batterers is JA personified.

The cat didn't die. It just suffered. :(

Yes, but how many of the things that we know about jodi does the jury know? I can't recall!!!
who's cat was it and how do we know this info? TIA

I respect ALV's experience & knowledge. This lady has dealt with MANY sociopath's & manipulators. When Juan points out that many of the indicators she mentioned as being done by JA, she won't compromise her career for this pathetic murderer. I can't wait for the cross..

Years ago I dated a guy and when it began to get serious, he started doing little things like complimenting me on an outfit and telling me how much better I looked in it than, say, what I wore yesterday. He did this a few times and I kept wearing what I liked, so he asked me why I wasn't wearing the type of clothes I look best in. I pointed out that it was his opinion etc. He got upset and pouted, talked about how he was just trying to be helpful, like the time he said I'd look better with red hair.

Big, bright red flags popped up.

I dumped him right then and there.

Later, he called to tell me that he really loved me and if I didn't give us another try, he'd kill himself. I said, 'Don't tease me.'

I never heard from him again, but no, he didn't kill himself.

I wonder if Ms. Willmott is aware of the fact that her star witness is actually backing up the prosecution's case??? She seems oblivious to what seems to be occurring right under her nose. Not so with Jodi, LOLOLOL!

I kept wondering that, too. Doesn't JW realize where this testimony is headed? I hope she's not planning to have ALV on the stand for days like Dr. Samuels. The longer he testified, the worse things got for him and the DT. I see the same thing happening with ALV. Juan's already got plenty of ammo, and if JW keeps this up with her witness, JM will have a full arsenal to use against this ridiculous defense strategy. :moo:

I didn't know that, I just had two small grandchildren diagnosed with epilepsy. And just got a call from my daughter, My granddaughter is on life support. The dr's are giving her 20% survival.

Reading here to keep my mind busy.

I am Praying for her Katiedid2!!

:lol: This is how rumors get started!

Last night during NG's "live during the trial show", she played new video of Jodi telling Det. Flores how she kicked the dog.

IMO - She probably killed that dog!

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/03/25/watch-jodi-arias-confesses-she-kicked-dog

Thanks for that link, Softail!

I think it is very telling about her childhood, that she says their family was never able to care for a dog properly and he just stayed tied up in the yard.

That is horrible!

And really, if parents don't know how to treat a pet, can they be very good parents?

Not that this takes any responsibility of this crime away from Jodi, but I can't believe that family life was very idyllic if they freaking can't take care of a dog!

No, she made a statement to Det. Flores during her interrigation.

Here is an HLN link:

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/03/25/watch-jodi-arias-confesses-she-kicked-dog

"I just kind of pushed him away with my foot, he didn't yelp or anything, but I haven't seen him since." - Jodi

Yeah, a dog running away from you forever happens only because you push him away with your foot. :rolleyes:

We owned dogs and at least a couple of times I was carrying a handful of stuff and the dog would run around me and I'd push them out of the way with my hip. Those dogs never left and even licked my face when I bent over to put the stuff down. Somehow, I think that was a lot different than what she did. Just sayin'.

I couldn't see if JA's mom was wearing the ribbon but EVERYONE to the left of Auntie was wearing the ribbons too.

HLN is reporting the jury is fully 'in' with ALV. They're not taking many notes, but they are giving her their full attention. Good news for Juan! It also helps not to spend 90% of the day in sidebars. The fact that Juan has not objected is a great sign - too bad Ms. Willmott is not allowed to raise objections to her own witness, lol!

Am I dreaming that, unlike the good doctor, she will be ethical and honest in replying to JM's questions and not make things up as she goes along? I have been wrong before but I don't get that this woman would risk her reputation and credibility on a person of JA's veracity. Wishful thinking perhaps.

Yes, but does ALV acknowledge that MEN can be the victims of domestic abuse? Has she spoken with any of them? Has she advocated for and addressed all the victims of false accusations? According to Nancy Grace, ALV was an expert for a woman who murdered her husband. Though likeable and credible, the fact that ALV chose to be a defense expert for JA is a red flag. ALV is in a field that is notoriously biased and politically divisive. Supporting and advocating for victims of domestic abuse is highly admirable... I hope that ALV is unbiased, but I fear her feminist agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member