trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #108

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does she even know JA lived 1,000 miles away and drove to TA with a carload full of gas, a gun, and knife with murderous intentions?

Basing this on the knife or gun not being found at the house.

I wonder if she even interviewed JA?

MOO

Mel

i wonder if ALV has seen the crime scene and autopsy photos

she said: " that is so debasing" I love the way you do that tee hee hee...

Jodi trying to face the jury with her professional pouty face on. This is ridiculous.

Oh, poor JA trying to look pathetic with her long, sad face. JA's hoping the jurors notice how sad she is now that this witness is talking about her.

But this witness is talking about everybody but JA and I am getting really bored with this redundant bla, bla, bla. I'm already sick of her warm and friendly therapist know-it-all attitude. After this trial I don't even want to hear about relationships anymore. Sorry, but I just had to express my feelings:seeya:

They are assigning genders to the hypothetical abuser/victim roles!!!!! JM should object....I object!!!

I'm disgusted at what JW is trying to weave in here. I hope she has horrible nightmares that haunt her and the rest of the DT for a very long time

Not everyone is a good person. Not everyone has compassion for a loved one.

more people are together the more they buy together, more pictures of places you were together, more involved with each other . . ..

victim blame - why victims tend to be flaky - sometimes they won't show up in court, don't do interviews, change description of someone . . . . we tend to blame victims more for their own victimization . . . . if you are a victim i can say well you didn't lock your door . . . i won't be victimized then . . .

has anyone had their car broken into or house? .. . . .what did the police say when came out . . . was the door locked . . . LEO have to determine the penal code but your friends ask you if door was locked or windows open your friends will say well it's your fault you left your precious things were left open and unattended to be robbed.

can be not subtle at all . . . someone shrugs shoulders or looks @ you particular way . . . you wouldn't have gotten mugged if not walking around in that bad neighborhood.

the more intimate the victimization the more the assault

blame the victim . . . . in sexual assault - how they were dressed, if drinking, who hanging out with . .

in DV . . . provocation should not have said this or done this . . . cause and effect attachment to if you didn't do this it wouldn't have happened.

abusive partner gets mad when other goes out with friends . . . . telling the abuser is provocation? . . . . depends on who it is . . . .could be seen as provocation.

what happened during a couples session . . . . he would be on his computer all the time . . . . she told him he was on his computer . . . he went off his computer and went to spend time with her . . . . she told him go back to computer . . . he berated her told her how horrible mother, teacher, friend she was . . . externalizing the blame - blame other person

when ok for your wife to be angry with you? . . . never . .. . . it is like calling him a awful human being . . . his self esteem isn't very good either . . . .can't treat people bad and feel good about it.

abusers often have low self esteem but not appear that way at all . .. may have power in their life but in intimate situation

i climb icicles, i rock climb, i skydive, i do all that to prepare for scariest thing in my life . . . a relationship.

i didn't lock my windows so I change my behavior . . . i change what i do - I don't smart mouth you . . .. i may blame myself for being victimized . . . .people got robbed or mugged blame self . . . people feel that way . . . behavioral self blame is easier to deal with . . . start to feel better . . . .. change own behavior not changing the partner(abuser) behavior

easier to blame self . . . if I didn't provoke them it wouldn't happen? . . . .early on . . . that is the hope . . . the belief they can change . . . the perpetrator believes they can stop it . . . behavioral self blame

characterological self blame . . . stop blame behavior and blame self. . . . maybe I am not such a good person . . . if I am smart why do i stay . . . leaving. . . what is being done to me something is wrong with ME (not the behaviors) . . . .usually happens after the behavioral self blame

blame own character makes it difficult to leave - don't think you are worthy . . when blame self it is harder to ask for help - so ashamed . . . shame and humiliation keep people stuck in same place.

Sorry Jodi Is the opposite. There IS something wrong with you but you don't believe it.

I notice that this expert is using terms like "you would think this or do this" and wilmott keeps bringing the question back like "do you mean he'd think why would HE do this? or what would HE do?" trying to emphasize the man as the abuser.

This is the 'internalized' workaround I mentioned yesterday. More smoke and mirrors. A slight of hand that hides accountability. I mean to say it's being used this way, not that it doesn't exist.

yeah we're gonna be here for longggggggggggggggg time with this witness

She lured me in earlier and I might have wanted him to hold back before now, but no more. Full steam ahead, Juan! :furious:

Do we want to start taking bets on how quick Wilmott will start to object once Juan is up? I give it 10 seconds. Then we'll all be back in sidebar land...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee