trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #108

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am starting to see JA in terms of this quote: "it could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others."

Now we are in Stockholm bs...NO!!!!

Empathetic vs. empathic
Empathic is usually just a variant of empathetic, which means characterized by empathy. Some dictionaries, especially American ones, list empathic as the standard word and empathetic as the variant, but while the shorter word is indeed the original, empathetic has prevailed—probably due to analogy with sympathetic, with which it is often closely associated—and is now about five times as common as empathic in newswriting, blogs, and mainstream books from throughout the English-speaking world.

http://grammarist.com/usage/empathetic-empathic/

ETA: Only posted because I use empathetic and when Dr. Samuels used empathic I had to google, thinking 'empathic' doesn't mean that! :blushing:

Well, I dont like it and it sounds wrong to me....so there! :lol:

Lisa testified to asking Travis to spend the night with her for protection, because she was afraid of Jodi post-tire slashings.

Lisa was a great witness for the state. When the jury asked her did she call Jodi a stalker and she firmly said she did........they believed her and thought JA was a stalker.

IMO

I think she's doing a decent job and is reporting fairly accurately about the dynamics and societal perceptions. She is including testimony about men being victims and how they tend to react. What she said about the equalizer was interesting and accurate IMO - when women become physically abusive, they tend to use weapons and objects that will inflict harm.

She has a better demeanour than the previous witness. I think JM's 'passive' approach which we talked about yesterday will work well with her (when he points out that many of her theories can be applied to the defendant).

Hypothetically speaking, if a man moved many miles to be close to a woman who had broken up with him, would you consider him a potential abuser?

Hypothetically speaking, if a man confronted someone he perceived as a romantic rival in the men's room and told them to keep away from his girlfriend, would you consider that an attempt to isolate her?

Hypothetically speaking, if a woman was found dead in her home and all her friends, within minutes, gave LE the name of her stalker ex-boyfriend, would you believe he was an abuser?

Hypothetically speaking, if a woman encouraged a man to move a 1000 miles away after they broke up, would you feel she abused him?

Hypothetically speaking, if a woman sent her ex an email calling him a sociopath and requesting that she never see him again, and days later the ex showed up at her house, would that show that he is an abuser?

I could go on, but you get my drift.

Quoted for absolute GENIUS. :thewave:

Pray to god that JM uses this....

This testimony has made me realize that I'm abused.

Right now

Watching this testimony.

a_clockwork_orange_31657.jpg

Dear God, make it stop.

She should get Dr. Samuels to help lead that empathy group! :floorlaugh:

here we go,she is going to bring travis's childhood into it even though she can't directly say it

Hypothetically speaking, if a man moved many miles to be close to a woman who had broken up with him, would you consider him a potential abuser?

Hypothetically speaking, if a man confronted someone he perceived as a romantic rival in the men's room and told them to keep away from his girlfriend, would you consider that an attempt to isolate her?

Hypothetically speaking, if a woman was found dead in her home and all her friends, within minutes, gave LE the name of her stalker ex-boyfriend, would you believe he was an abuser?

Hypothetically speaking, if a woman encouraged a man to move a 1000 miles away after they broke up, would you feel she abused him?

Hypothetically speaking, if a woman sent her ex an email calling him a sociopath and requesting that she never see him again, and days later the ex showed up at her house, would that show that he is an abuser?

I could go on, but you get my drift.

Keep your eyes on your own paper! (just kidding!) We're totally in sync and on the same wave length!!!

So...Travis had hope? Hope that JA would eventually leave him alone.
He had fear? That she wouldn't leave him alone.
He answered his door...let her in. And the Defense is blaming him for an act of kindness. Why can't JA just be struck by a lightning bolt?

Your wrong about one point--she let herself into his house--remember she said she watched him on is cmputer for a bit until the dog noticed her then Travis realised she was there,

So.....she doesn't treat men who are victims of DV. She treats men who are the perps! Teach them empathy...:what:

are they ever going to get to how this applies to Jodi and Travis or is this the extent of her testimony (generalizations)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!