trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #108

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JA's false sorrow about a fictional life she never lived is etched on her lying face.

Ok ~ now you guys are going to see how dumb I really am
I see BBM in people's post. I know you guys tell me it means bolded by me. But what exactly does that mean? My understanding of the word bold, means confident. I admit I could be wrong because I don't have 35 years of experience. :giggle:
In this forum does it mean Interesting/I am interested?
Somebody help a sister out

bbm
Well, here's prolly your 15th answer, but here it goes anyway, Dmacky.

I just highlighted the phrase in your post, "But what exactly does that mean?" changing it from the quoted sentence to the next one I'm writing now, "But what exactly does that mean?"

After highlighting your sentence, I went up to the area just above the window where I'm writing this, and clicked on the "B" (leftmost on the editing select line) -- and the sentence I highlighted just got Bold.

It is a courtesy to indicate that you have somehow changed something in another's quoted post -- "Bold (or Bolded) By Me."

Jodi looks like she knows this woman is describing her...describing everything she felt and did...she was the abuser, she was the stalker, she was the aggressor, she was/is the murderer! This testimony is a goldmine for the state.

That is why Juan Is quite as a mouse.:)

Lets see if Wilmott can remain seated without objecting once Juan gets up to cross. If she doesn't the jury will take note of the difference.

IMO

Well, it's not the 70's anymore, young people date and hook up, it doesn't mean these dynamics apply to them. They never even lived together, so how is this relevant?

I agree with you. Much of her testimony is probably going back decades where the man always abused the woman and the woman took it because she could not leave. I am not saying that years ago women did not abuse men, it just was not as common.

I know many young girls now who abuse their spouses or boyfriends. Maybe it is a change in generation or maybe women are more vocal now. Not proud of this but some are in my family.

Juan muzzled her at a hearing I suspect. She can only talk about hypotheticals.

That's what I was wondering - she may have never interviewed Jodi at all or reviewed the details of the case. She can only speak to subject matter and not the case itself.

I am so sorry the Alexanders have to sit through this. I'm so sorry Travis.

Does this woman know one single fact about this case? Who killed whom? Who stalked whom? Who told the psycho to get away? Guns & knives brought to the house? Autposy photos, esp the throat slash? Wanna look at that lady and tell me about "hostages?"

bad words I have to describe this self-promoting idiot

seriously, how can she spew like this if she knows even one thing about the case?

She watches Dr. OZ and didn't she just say IF she had male clients that were abused, so she has only studied women who have been abused:thud:

I think she's doing a decent job and is reporting fairly accurately about the dynamics and societal perceptions. She is including testimony about men being victims and how they tend to react. What she said about the equalizer was interesting and accurate IMO - when women become physically abusive, they tend to use weapons and objects that will inflict harm.

that's not exactly groundbreaking, that women will use weapons against (usually bigger and strionger) men

And great about societal perceptions, what exactly does that have to do with Jodi as the poor abused soul who had to plan to slaughter someone to "save her life."

Please, take a break and look at the autopsy photos, try to remember that this is a TRIAL, not community college

As a sister of a brother who has been physically and emotionally abused by his soon to be ex in the past...I take offense with her saying that it is harder to abuse a man. The problem is nobody believes a small woman can hurt a big man. How about beating him while he is driving with the heel of her shoe? Sitting on him and trying to scratch his eyes out while he just lays there not fighting back? Calling him names...stupid, loser a nobody? Drinking a bottle of wine every night...attacking his family verbally on many occasions, hitting him in front of their child. Guess what, the one and only time my brother decided to push her away...he was thrown in jail. She was not hurt...he was trying to stop her from hitting him while he held their child and jumped on his back punching him. Woman can be abusers...most of the time men aren't believed. My brother actaully went to the hospital after the shoe hitting incident as he requires stitches. They asked him if he wanted to press charges...he said no and the matter was dropped. You think the matter would be dropped if the shoe was on the other foot so to speak...if a man beat a woman with a shoe while driving???? I think not...

Maybe I misunderstood her, or am very sensitive...
Grrrrrr...now I'm fired up!!!

It's not her fault she's not addressing the specifics of this case...she's answering the questions Willmott is putting to her. Willmott hasn't (yet) asked her anything about this case. I'm rather enjoying listening to her.... kind of reminds me of college lectures and my shrink, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double