trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #110

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Travis' family has been subjected to great stress since June 4, 2008. It's not up to us to question what makes sense or doesn't as far as them being upset goes. I am sure every day is a difficult day for them and they have to get dressed and out of the house and into the courtroom every day. They have to sit in the same room as JA, who butchered their brother. They have to sit in the same room as "the justice system" who has tried to paint their brother as an abuser and also a pedophile.

Perhaps seeing another murderer get sentenced pushed Samantha's buttons. There's only so much people can take and they have been accumulating stress for almost five years.

I am not attacking your post I just want to offer up an explanation that it might not be something in particular. It might just be the whole process. We all have bad days where things bother us more than they do on good days.

My apologies to all.

Immediately after I posted about Travis's family, I realized that I had made a mistake and edited my original post. I should not have made any judgement about TA's families emotions and for that I sincerely and humbly apologize.

HLN just pointed out that Jodi's mom didn't seem concerned at all about Jodi's health today? Hmm, maybe she knew in advance...headache act was coming.

Makes me remember -- once in the "olden days" when I was a teenager I rinsed my hair with a bottle of beer. When my dad asked me if I drank a beer I told him I had because in my teenaged way of looking at things I thought he'd be more upset to think I wasted it on my hair!

Wow, I used to rinse my hair in Coors beer for the extra shine back in the day. How times change![/QUOTE]

Did I read the above post correctly? The jury is going to be sequestered during deliberation?

ITA. The Judge has limited options when the defendant claims illness. Even having JA examined by a Dr would be inconclusive and probably claimed as predjucial by DT. sigh!

If JM had asked for a cancellation because he was too ill to attend and the Judge agreed, would anyone be so angry? Or suspicious?

I want this trial over ASAP but if she is ill/claims she is ill that is a trial stopper. She is on trial for her life. She must be well enough to follow the proceedings.

Enjoy your free day, folks. Be comforted by the fact that migraine or no, JA doesn't get the day out from behind bars. No free day for her.

Now I am going off to hug my horse. Great therapy for disappointment! :great:

And if she did have her examined by a doctor she runs the risk that he might diagnose her prematurely, develop feelings for her, change her diagnosis several times to better justify the need to cancel court, and then send her a book and a Get Well Soon card.

Good points. And lets not forget - if she was forced to come to court ill, that would probably be a slam dunk appeal, because I know when I get a migraine, I can't think at all, and I wouldn't be able to participate in my own defense. If she couldn't assist her attorneys, her rights would have been egriously violated.

At the end of the day, much as I hate her, she has rights and I sure as hell don't want to live in a country where a defendent has no rights.

Yes, but at what point does this become an abuse of her rights? If she is too ill to attend her own trial on a regular basis, can the state request that the trial be allowed to continue in her absence, since she has a "chronic" illness?

This is, of course, if she keeps pulling these "sick days". Is there anything the court can do or are they at her mercy?

I wonder what kind of meds? Psychotropic meds? I do wonder if this is finally getting to her?

My ex daughter in law had her hair falling out in clumps and lost weight when she found out that she was facing some jail time in our custody case. I've wondered if she would come after and kill me if she really felt cornered and found out.
She was going to be exposed to her parents for what she was and facing having to register as a sex offender for the rest of her life. But then her parents blew it off and said mistakes were made and shes fine now a great mother and wife. Her psych eval was bought down to a social study which was a joke.

I go back and and forth in my anger then forgive her then back to hate again. I wake up clenching my teeth some nights and in a sweat.

And to those old hippies;

He turned thirty-five last Sunday In his hair he found some gray But he still ain't changed his lifestyle He likes it better the old way So he grows a little garden in the back yard by the fence He's consuming what he's growing nowadays in self defense

He get's out there in the twilight zone Sometimes when it just don't make no sense
He gets off on country music Cause disco left him cold He's got young friends into new wave But he's just too friggin' old.

And he dreams at night of Woodstock and the day John Lennon died How the music made him happy and the silence made him cry Yeah he thinks of John sometimes And he has to wonder why

He's an old hippie and he don't know what to do Should he hang on to the old Should he grab on to the new He's an old hippie...his new life is just a bust He ain't trying to change nobody He's just trying real hard to adjust

BELLAMY BROTHERS - OLD HIPPIE LYRICS

I still make my old grannie dresses and barefoot in the garden and yard.

BBM

Thanks, I really love this song! :) I'm an old hippie too, not 35 yrs old, but 56 yrs old. I can really relate to the lyrics of this song.

I'm so sorry for what you've had to go through with your ex daughter in law. I've had to deal with some of the same issues with my ex Son In Law, just not to the same extreme. My daughter won the custody fight for my 4yr old grandson hands down because my ex SIL has a doctor documented history of sex addiction. His doctor testified that sex addiction is a lifelong issue and that he will have to continue treatment. During the divorce, my SIL stole Derek from daycare and it took 3 days to legally get him back. SIL was ordered not to enter the daycare property anymore, also ordered to never go to my daughters property. That still does not relieve my worries on the weekends when SIL gets to have Derek. :(

:rocker: Thank goodness for Tricia's True Crime Radio on-demand. Will fill the courtless afternoon.

HLN just pointed out that Jodi's mom didn't seem concerned at all about Jodi's health today? Hmm, maybe she knew in advance...headache act was coming.

Jodi's mom never seems concerned with anything!!

That is the most detached woman I've ever watched! She's like skeery detached

If migraine is severe, you CANNOT drive or stand, much less go to work. You don't suck it up! You guys are insulting those of us who really do get migraines. Please stop.

As for Jodi, we can all agree she may be faking illness.

I have no idea if she's really sick or not, or if that is even really the reason.

But I do know that like curious, when I get my rare migraines, I puke for about 8 hours straight; I can't sit up, can't open my eyes, anything. Dunno about you all, but I don't want to watch Jodi puking on TV..... :eek:

Yes, but at what point does this become an abuse of her rights? If she is too ill to attend her own trial on a regular basis, can the state request that the trial be allowed to continue in her absence, since she has a "chronic" illness?

This is, of course, if she keeps pulling these "sick days". Is there anything the court can do or are they at her mercy?

I'm curious, how many of the delays have been her illness? Anyone know?

what little of it there is.

I'm so glad to be able to watch Juan M work. I would likely have never heard of him nor would many others. He's getting some much deserved appreciation for his dedication. He could easily make tons more money on the "dark" side.

KCL, PASA and others from here who give us the low down. What great people who I didn't know of before.

Travis's family who are obviously such loving and wonderful people putting their lives on hold to bear witness for their brother.

Jodi as a warning! My sons are only 14 but know all about this case and it's given us a great chance to talk about toxic people and relationships. I have to admit they have no interest in girls yet and this probably isn't helping which is fine with me!

Gender stereotypes: time to move on. Women can kill and men can be abused and playing the poor widdle girl victim shouldn't be allowed to work for cold blooded killers. I appreciate the feminists who made it possible for me to go to law school and get a job as a lawyer. But we need to hold all people responsible for their actions. Most people aren't evil but some are and they aren't all men. That doesn't mean there aren't real abuse victims who deserve leniency but that shouldn't be done if the "evidence" only consists of stories the perp tells after the killing.

Anyway, this trial is making everyone nuts. I am so ready for Rebuttal Juan!

BBM

I agree. Women can serve on the front line so they better be equal to their male counterparts.

By taking a womans word for abuse after the fact we aren't pressing them to report the abuse and get abusers off the street. I'm tired of the excuses. With equal rights comes equal responsibility.

According to ALV, since I'm showing my anger, I guess others will think of me as a b!tch. So be it. I'm a big girl and I take responsibility.

When the lady on HLN, says she shot her hubby 5 times, killed him, and SHE thinks Jodi is Guilty as sin and not abused, then there 'ain't' anyone capable of believing her......

I don't know... HLN just said Jodi gets breakfast between 2-3am and dinner at 5pm. No food at county jail/court, period. These trials are daunting enough when you get a proper meal three times a day. :p Going without food from 2am to 5pm daily and being woken up at 2am every night when you need to focus on your death penalty case would leave most people feeling faint and getting migraines. Some energy bars and a littlw sandwich at lunch would sure save a lot of tax $ and help Travis' family out emotionally and financially...

:notgood:Migraine? Yeah right. Another delay!!! Perhaps Nurmi took off to have some fun and get a root canal... he sure looks like he'd rather be anywhere else, but in that courtroom. Recently, his body-language shows that he is tuned-out from Jodi -- and, Willmott who gets matching outfits for Jodi, and, they giggle together like teenage girls in a high school clique--is the one who is taking care of her "poor meek little abused" murderer. Also, it could be that Alyce having problems linking (fabricating) her "abuse continuum" to Travis Alexander -- because it's so obvious that the obsessive, sadistic abuser and stalker was Jodi, whose battery was the penultimate act of brutality which ultimately resulted in her pre-meditated slaughter of Travis Alexander.

So it's for sure a migraine on JA's part that got court cancelled??? Has anyone ever heard of SUCK IT UP????? I cannot believe she's allowed to direct the courtroom this way. Unreal.

skeptical me thinks her migraines are like her nervous break-downs... or like when she gets the wind knocked out of her ....or like when she says she got abused by Travis...not for realz...jmo

Is this at the end? I'm looking for it on youtube, here's the last part of yesterday for everyone looking for a link ..

It's at the end of part 2 rather than 3. Check starting about 1:28:44. She looks down, sees something, then waits for Nurmi to come to the table.
Then the "what is this". You can see some of the "real" ja.
HTH

[video=youtube;P4uH_fSBbgM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4uH_fSBbgM[/video]

Jodi doesn't have to move, she doesn't have to speak or even concentrate. She just has to sit still and be in the courtroom. They could shoot her up with demoral FGS.

They could tie her up like Hannibal Lector.

When an expert comes in, then has to leave, I believe their contract states something like they get paid a "minimum" of 4 hrs. So she would get approx $1200 to show up and then have to leave.

She is basically sitting around not seeing her own patients, or running her business in California. This kind of trial can nearly shut her down for months (not that I think thats a bad thing) especially because she is out of state.

That's what she gets for selling her soul to a murderess. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member