trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #110

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never checked back yesterday to get an answer, but can someone give me a brief explanation of JA's "nervous breakdown", supposedly? TIA

I don't think she had a "nervous breakdown" but the reality of the final days are beginning to register. Also, I am sure she realized that Alyce was not going to be "chatty" and BFF like she would have been to do an analysis of her. Jodi probably thought she had her snowed but I did not notice one reassuring eye contact or anything that would show that. Even during sidebars, Alyce looked anywhere but at Jodi who was desperately trying to elicit some sort od acknowledgement from her.
In other words, Jodi is coming out of the ether into the real world, a world she doesn't see. She has created her own reality and it is crumbling,thus the dizziness, headaches---anything to prolong the inevitable.
It is sad but so is the death of Travis. I feel especially sad about the whole thing being during this Holy time of Life and Resurrection....

Hi all! I work a lot but am now getting a chance to listen to ALV's testimony. She's great!

Wilmott keeps trying to corral her in order to guide her testimony to this specific case, but she can't! It looks as if ALV is testifying very much on her own terms.

Wilmott doesn't look happy. Jodi does not look happy.

But ALV's testimony is interesting. It's obvious she's a teacher.

This article was posted before - it angered me then; it angers me now.

I agree with Gronski's statement:

Under the laws and the constitution, you can’t go ahead and punish a person while they’re in custody and our argument is that this is basically what Sheriff Joe is doing...
I realize I'm probably in the minority, but this Sheriff is absurd.

I believe Jodi deserves the death penalty and I cannot stand the sight of her, but she hasn't been found guilty yet and should be allowed food and sleep while standing trial.​

What is the reason why they wake up inmates between 3-4am on days of the trial... If trial does not start till 10:30 am?

Where is Karmandy????
Didn't he do that recently about today's hearing?

I think she's right above you :what:.

She, I would assume, just walked down to the clerk's desk and asked to see the document--I don't believe she posted a copy.

She said it listed Robert Brown, a Mesa PD detective who works on computer forensic evidence.

Personally, I don't think it was a migraine. I think Jodi did not take her medication this morning and was about to flip out. Something defense did not want the jury to see. She's come pretty close to some outbursts lately. If Jodi is there tomorrow we should watch to see if she is heavily medicated. jmo

Oh MAN! IMHO, is she ever! She has seemed uber medicated these last two weeks. Again, MOO.

I lived in NC for 5 years and fell in love with the whole state!!!![/QUOTE]

I am in NC (originally from SC...yeah didn't move far) and love it here.
:newhere:

Where is Karmandy????
Didn't he do that recently about today's hearing?

:blushing: nevermind...

:seeya: I already posted up there somewhere. There's only one person on the latest filing and it's Robert Brown who appears to be a computer forensics person from Mesa PD based on his linkein profile, which also was posted somewhere up there if you want to check it out.

I accidentally deleted the bookmark folder that has the JA forum link. I was in a hurry and apparently Googled: websluts Jodi Arias

Google corrected me.

Thanks for the laugh. I needed that....and the family thinks I am crazy for laughing at the computer.

Where do you get that there is "FIVE YEAR WAITING PERIOD before a case goes to trial." ? there are delays in cases going to trial, sure, caused by both sides.. but now "waiting period"

Wasn't JA the one who fired her attorneys, retained HERSELF, changed her story in 2009 or 2010, changed her mind about NEEDING attorneys, etc., etc., in essence, DELAYING her own date with the courtroom as long as possible? If anyone is manipulating the system and trying to prolong this process, it's HER.

I don't want a mistrial because of "feeding issues," but I don't feel any sympathy for her just because she can't get her Strawberry Frapps or Tootsie Pops when she wants them. She's living under better conditions than TA. She's LIVING. :twocents:

Greetings all. I don't get to visit here too much but I sure appreciate all the information and opinions from the expert WS'ers.

I'm wondering two things.

How long as the legal process been in effect in Arizona that allows jurors to ask questions of the witnesses? It seems like a great idea in theory, but many of the questions seems to repeat what the attorneys have asked, or seem to be a way for some jurors to get it little digs to the witness (i.e., the "what is a *advertiser censored*" and "PTSD/bad haircut" questions).

Is it too late for Jodi to cop a plea for 1st degree, if the State takes the DP off the table? Do you think JM would accept that if it were offered?

I know that migraines can sometimes be triggered by hormone fluctuation when a woman is having her period. Jodi had a "migraine" a month ago. Maybe she's just having her period. Can you imagine what PMS + Jodi + jail must be like? Her cellmate was probably spending time cringing from her in the corner.

Well IF she hadn't tried to kill herself with OD of Motrin & razor nic on her wrist they could give her 800mg of Motrin 2x's a day 5 days BEFORE her cycle to block the hormones that cause Menstral Migraines..

(Or at least that is what my Dr has me do & works just fine!)

PMS?? Ohhhhhhhh I bettin' she's PMDD!!

Oh SNAP.. Think Dr $ wrote down wrong abbreviation it's not PTSD it's PMDD!
You know his record keeping and all JMSO ;)

Premenstrual dysphoric disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) is a severe form of premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Like PMS, premenstrual dysphoric disorder follows a predictable, cyclic pattern. Symptoms begin in the late luteal phase of the menstrual cycle (after ovulation) and end shortly after menstruation begins.[6]

Emotional symptoms are generally present, and in PMDD, mood symptoms are dominant.[6] Substantial disruption to personal relationships is typical for women with PMDD.[6] Anxiety, anger, and depression may also occur.

The main symptoms, which can be disabling, include[7]

feelings of deep sadness or despair
feelings of intense tension or anxiety
increased intense sensitivity to rejection or criticism
panic attacks
rapid and severe mood swings, bouts of uncontrollable crying
lasting irritability or anger, increased interpersonal conflicts; typically sufferers are unaware of the impact they have on those close to them
apathy or disinterest in daily activities and relationships
difficulty concentrating

chronic fatigue
food cravings or binge eating
insomnia or hypersomnia; sleeping more than usual, or (in a smaller group of sufferers) being unable to sleep
feeling overwhelmed or feelings of being out of control
increase or decrease in sex drive
increased need for emotional closeness

Common physical symptoms include:
breast tenderness or swelling, heart palpitations, headaches, joint or muscle pain, swollen face and nose
an altered view of one's body - a sensation of 'bloating', feeling fat or actual weight gain.

Five or more of these symptoms may indicate PMDD.

May I have my $10K please??? :blushing:

She's probably scribbling frantic notes into the binding pages of the current issue of Psychology Today "Miss L! I never said the *advertiser censored* was on the computer! You f@ck@d up! You can fix this! Come and see me ASAP"

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I think she's right above you :what:.

She, I would assume, just walked down to the clerk's desk and asked to see the document--I don't believe she posted a copy.

She said it listed Robert Brown, a Mesa PD detective who works on computer forensic evidence.

AZ, you can see the document on the computers there so I don't even have to ask to see it or obtain an actual copy. I really wish Maricopa would just make the same thing available on the internet, even if for a fee like other courts do, since they already have the .pdf scanned into their own system and available to the public. Maybe they will someday :::sigh:::

Where do you get that there is "FIVE YEAR WAITING PERIOD before a case goes to trial." ? there are delays in cases going to trial, sure, caused by both sides.. but now "waiting period"

Easy there, Tiger.

I just think it's ludicrous that it takes 5 years for a case to come to trial. Jodi was arrested in 2008 , it is 2013. Which is FIVE YEARS.

It is pathetic that Travis' family has had to wait that long, and even more ridiculous that the AZ taxpayers have had to pay to house her these last FIVE YEARS.

How are you NOT getting five years? :waitasec:

I understand your compassion; however, perhaps she should have murdered somebody elsewhere...perhaps where she could get 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep and 3 meals per day served at her convenience.

I don't mean to be snippy, but this entire situation is frustrating.

The thing is, there are people on trial who are innocent. Now, say it was me, and I somehow ended up in jail, unable to make bail, and I was innocent of whatever crime I was being charged with. And in addition, I would want to aid my attorneys in my defense while on trial. I would not want to find myself so sleep deprived or hungry that I would be unable to do that. And the point is, our Constituition says, innocent until proven guilty, which is a GOOD thing.

So now there is JA, who I agree is disturbing and not pleasant to watch, but she is innocent until proven guilty, and it is an injustice to anyone, even JA, to prevent her from aiding her attorneys in defending herself. And I am sure you would agree with me if it was your mother, brother, sister, father, should they ever find themselves in that unfortunate place.

I don't like JA and I think she is guilty as hel* of premeditated murder, but what is right is right. And I think it is a power thing for the sheriff, and that has no place in our justice system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo