trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #110

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I refuse to watch it at all after Jose and the "to scale" model...

It's complete and total bull sheet for ratings and I refuse to waste my time. I feel that show in particular .., is like a giant vulture feeding off Travis's bones. It's appalling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched a small piece of that b/c I was hoping they would have stunt people doing the reenactment. Someone JA and TA size. Jose, grr just his face makes me want to scream, said something I did not like and voiced my opinion way to loudly so I cut myself off before waking the whole house. Have not watched since. I struggle with if I should answer the survey once I hear what the question is going to be. Should I give them my time making then think I like what they are doing or should I help be Travis' voice and answer the survey?

My mom's side is from CA (Northern) and they all say "warsh" instead of wash. I was born in Houston, so dinner and supper are the same thing. And I was in charge of making my own lunch. If I didn't make it, it wasn't getting served.

I'm also from Northern CA and I've never said "warsh" unless I was describing how my grandmother (originally from NJ) said it. My aunt (her daughter), says it that way, but my mother (also her daughter) does not.

I also knew supper was the evening meal, but the dinner at lunchtime always made my forehead wrinkle. :biggrin:

This isn't about her weight. Calories are strictly measured. But she is also getting fed much earlier than everyone else because she has to bus to the trial every day. That is a long time without ANY food whatsoever day after day when you are at your death penalty trial and actively working with your defense team. The fact is it would be normal for ANYONE to get headaches and feel like crap on that schedule. This isn't just about Jodi. Because we refuse to allow her a crappy tuna sandwich for lunch when everyone else goes to wat, or a dry old protein bar if she really needs it, we delay trial on and on, at the expense of tax payers, and at the expense of Travis's family, emotionally and monetarily. This is stupid. Just give her a damn tolberlone.

"If she's hungry, she should buy.."

Yeah, she can't. Her lawyer cannot even hand her a grabola bar, and the county jail won't feed her a sandwich without a special order from the judge.

<modsnip>

She can buy snacks, they are available to her and she has a commissary.

I did feel kind of bad for her at first. The judge was already alerted to her eating schedule, things apparently checked out yet, we are again, with the poor Jodi. The only reason it's coming out now is because her friend tattled on the jail. Aw. Jodi deserves special treatment because she has the misfortune of being on trial for death because she killed a man. <modsnip>

What I don't understand is this story change, from pictures on the computer to pictures falling chaoticAlly off the bed.

Number one, I am confused because people keep saying that ALV never spoke to the killer, so how did this story change take place?

And 2, if that story change really happened, then why is ALV taking the stand in the killer's defense?

My take on it is that ALV did interview JA, but JA lied and told her there was *advertiser censored* on the computer. When LE informed ALV that there was not, she found out she had been lied to. This probably made her very skeptical of JA. JA then changed her story when trial time came and said that there was printed *advertiser censored*.

Note that although ALV is taking the stand as a witness for the defense, she is speaking about DV very generally and will not take the bait that JW is practically cramming down her throat. This leads me to believe that she will not testify directly for JA, since she found that JA was unreliable. I could easily be wrong since I know virtually nothing about trials and law, but logic is pointing strongly in this direction.

I thought smoke was going to come out of JW's ears when she was questioning ALV. JA certainly wasn't happy either. Watch it again! :seeya:

ETA: Yeah, it was pretty exhausting running on so little sleep and I had actual things to do, not sit around at my own DP trial all day.

Ok, sorry, but I'd bet you money if you were on trial for your life and actively defending yourself in court daily, you might rephrase that.

This isn't about her weight. Calories are strictly measured. But she is also getting fed much earlier than everyone else because she has to bus to the trial every day. That is a long time without ANY food whatsoever day after day when you are at your death penalty trial and actively working with your defense team. The fact is it would be normal for ANYONE to get headaches and feel like crap on that schedule. This isn't just about Jodi. Because we refuse to allow her a crappy tuna sandwich for lunch when everyone else goes to wat, or a dry old protein bar if she really needs it, we delay trial on and on, at the expense of tax payers, and at the expense of Travis's family, emotionally and monetarily. This is stupid. Just give her a damn tolberlone.

"If she's hungry, she should buy.."

Yeah, she can't. Her lawyer cannot even hand her a grabola bar, and the county jail won't feed her a sandwich without a special order from the judge.

<modsnip>

I totally agree! How hard is it really to make her a couple extra peanut butter sandwiches?

Ok, sorry, but I'd bet you money if you were on trial for your life and actively defending yourself in court daily, you might rephrase that.

Somehow I think not. It looks pretty easy to me. All she does is sit there and lies through her lying mouth.

I totally agree! How hard is it really to make her a couple extra peanut butter sandwiches?

ITA also

I'll go as far as to say give the migraine a 7 course meal everyday (so long as SHE pays for it) just to keep this trial moving along. I don't give a carp!

She can buy snacks, they are available to her and she has a commissary.

I did feel kind of bad for her at first. The judge was already alerted to her eating schedule, things apparently checked out yet, we are again, with the poor Jodi. The only reason it's coming out now is because her friend tattled on the jail. Aw. Jodi deserves special treatment because she has the misfortune of being on trial for death because she killed a man. Again, I will say, <mod snip>

She can buy snacks at the prison. Between breakfast and donner she is not at the prison and has no access to food. Again, even her lawyers cannot get her something. Even the judge cannot order it. The county jail where she is held during the day must approve

And yes, here we are again. There was a problem the other day because it seemed the jail stopped provising her with any lunch again.

<mod snip>

Good night.

Yes, and I do believe the defense "plan" may just backfire on them.

LOL

Good night everyone!
:seeya:

The defense has done this before with there witnesses. Keeping them on the stand until the end of the court week. It hasn't worked before. Juan has a nice long vacation to plan his strategy. Guess they haven't learned that doesn't work well for them. To bad.

Anyone think JM convinced MM that Jodi was headed to take care of a little matter in Monterey with that gun she was carrying with her. Me thinks MM may know too much. jmo

I've also wondered if she may have charged her phone while staying at MM's showing it wouldn't have been low on power like she said.

Somehow I think not. It looks pretty easy to me. All she does is sit there and lies through her lying mouth.

Ok.., how about if it was you on trial for murder and you were actually innocent...

Rights are for everyone...even dispicable murderers like Jodi. IMO

My take on it is that ALV did interview JA, but JA lied and told her there was *advertiser censored* on the computer. When LE informed ALV that there was not, she found out she had been lied to. This probably made her very skeptical of JA. JA then changed her story when trial time came and said that there was printed *advertiser censored*.

Note that although ALV is taking the stand as a witness for the defense, she is speaking about DV very generally and will not take the bait that JW is practically cramming down her throat. This leads me to believe that she will not testify directly for JA, since she found that JA was unreliable. I could easily be wrong since I know virtually nothing about trials and law, but logic is pointing strongly in this direction.

I thought smoke was going to come out of JW's ears when she was questioning ALV. JA certainly wasn't happy either. Watch it again! :seeya:

I've been hinting not-so-subtly that I think ALV is actually pro-prosecution.

Her testimony thus far has been manna for JM. This lady knows what's going on. I really believe she does. And JM is going to make the most of this gift!

I've never said anything about the Judge so far because I took into consideration the magnitude of the trial, it being her first DP case, and I just have a natural respect for Judges. Today I break my silence.

I feel she has forgotten about three of the four major players in this trial, them being the jury, the tax payers, and TA family. It's just plain shameful at this point. But, hey JA is happy thus far.

Thank You Hally.
Well said.

The courtroom hours listed just above your post are even shorter than the abbreviated courtroom days we've had to-date.
(no afternoon session Thursday and then Monday will be dark as well)

I realize Judges & attorneys have other cases and work to attend to, but this is a high profile death penalty case.
Judges and attorneys have associates that should be attending to all but emergency situations.

This case SHOULD be top priority for this Judge.
This drawn out timeframe is just wrong.
With the long breaks, late starts (judge always saying ... 'we'll start back promptly at ____', but that time is always later than she said it would be), working 1/2 days, routine hour & 1/2 lunches ... I could go on & on.

I'm sure JA and her team think this is all just great. (mis-guided theory that the longer the jury sees JA - the more they may bond with her).

Where is the respect for the jurors who have put their lives & families on hold?
Where is the respect for Travis and his family? They are the true victims.

Judge ... I too have tried not to say anything disparaging about the way your courtroom is run.
Somewhere along the line though, you've lost control of YOUR courtroom.
IMO

What the fudge ?? Really ??

weird, I just checked the Maricopa site and it's not showing anything new??

I just see today's hearing and JM's addition to witness list from yesterday

Jodi Ann Arias 13-1105 (F1) MURDER 1ST DEGREE 6/4/2008
Case Documents
Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
3/26/2013 094 - ME: Oral Argument Set - Party (001) 3/26/2013
3/26/2013 LOW - List Of Witnesses/Exhibit/Evidence - Party (001) 3/26/2013
NOTE: STATE'S FIFTEENTH SUPPLEMENTAL LIST OF WITNESSES

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.g...rtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2008-031021

so is this the real reason behind the "migraine" ? she saw MM name on the fifteenth supplemental list of witness?? damn, i hope so!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleleighD70