trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #111

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hughes felt that the fact that Travis would not let Jodi put pictures up of them together was abusive. What??? I think we will see Mrs. Hughes on the stand.

Good timing JW, leave the jury all weekend til Tuesday wondering why JM is objecting so fiercely and what is trying to be hidden about the Hughes = major weak point, with friends like these you do not need enemies.

Yeah, just let it in and then question them in court about it. I hate when either side tries to hide evidence like this.

I can see Travis' upbringing with 2 addict parents leaving him "commitment phobic". I think many young men are that way these days, whatever quality of parents they've had.

I am sure that this was the extent of the letters. The Hughes are very religious and wanted Travis to settle down. Just because he was not ready does not mean he was abusive. Kudos to him for not getting married just because his religion dictated that people should get married by a certain age.

someone please explain what is going on?
why are they going to speak to jury individually?

Nurmi's assertion this morning, based on HLN Jean C's comments concerning a juror witnessing how much the crowd at the courthouse love him.

Just a DT ploy to muck up the trial.

During the 5 minute break, what were Nurmi and JM looking at towards the family side of the courtroom?

Wonder if the judge ever sees the Arias clan yukking it up in court?

Hughes felt that the fact that Travis would not let Jodi put pictures up of them together was abusive. What??? I think we will see Mrs. Hughes on the stand.

Sounds to me like Jodi cried to the Hughes that Travis would not commit to her.

I know this has been asked a thousand times ....

But how in the heck is any of this expert testimony not hearsay?

And SO WHAT if he called her a *advertiser censored* or did any of that stuff? He had no financial or legal power over her, they weren't married, and she "supposedly" thought he was a pedophile...so LEAVE Jodi.

Hope the jury sees that JA lives in her own mind, not in reality. Others cannot be held accountable for her distorted perceptions and demands. The photoshop of her in a doggy door sums it up nicely, she wouldn't leave. TA committed the unforgivable sin of being perceived as having insulted her.

Laviolette is a villain for pushing this nonsense and ignoring what she has to know is the truth.

I hate the way ALV continues to talk after Juan has objected.....she seems to speed up her answer to get it out there....

That's why she does it. She knows like everyone else does that even if the Judge instructs the jury to disregard it that the jury will nonetheless never "forget" about the utterance. She's just trying hard to get it out there.

So if some guy uses you for sex, won't let you most pix together, and ignores you, you can slaughter them??

We would have a lot fewer men in this world if that was true! Half would never make it past their 20's!!! (Thinking of my bro and tons of my guy friends)

I'm quite nervous right now. If they are talking to each Juror individually regarding JM signing autographs, won't the DT say that informing them of this issue (the autographs, pictures, etc) will make the Jury prejudicial and maybe ask for a mistrial??

Even if NONE of the Jurors saw this happen (& I don't believe they did), with this questioning, it WILL be brought to their attention, unless I'm misunderstanding.

there are ways to ask the questions without giving it away.

start with, 'have you ever seen the prosecutor outside of the court room"

If 'yes'

"can you explain what you saw?"

pretty innocuous

Will the jury be able to see these "letters"? If not then why are we hearing any of it. How can we be sure she comprehended anything right. I know the DT is kind of leading these questions to make this woman answer in these ways. I just can not wait to Juan gets her. Argh I feel rage after today.

I doubt I will watch movie about her or buy the book unless it is shown from Travis' point of view to show how he was stalked and killed...
not the view of pitiful excuse for reason to kill somebody ..just because he did not want to stay with the woman.

OMG,

So they had sex relatively early on in their relationship...she's feeling used...doubting their relationship, has she been "used?" Full of self-doubt. Then he calls a few days later and she feels so much better!

Okay, am I the only one that went through that in my late teens/early 20's?

Who knew I was abused?!?!?!?! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

No kidding! I had a lot of experiences exactly like that because as a 20-something, both parties are immature! I had my heart broken a few times.

Who knew I could have SLAUGHTERED these guys for doing that to me?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webrowser