trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #111

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial

Judge Stephens is hearing another case as usual. Stay tuned everyone, should get going shortly. #JodiArias

RE: HLN - remember that these are sensationalists. Their job is to get an emotional reaction from their viewers. If their talking heads decide to do a segment where they ridicule JM or side with the defense - they make you angry - that is exactly the response they want. They want their target audience to have an emotional response so you keep watching.

Do you think that if we all ignore them, they'll go away?:floorlaugh:

WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial

Judge Stephens is hearing another case as usual. Stay tuned everyone, should get going shortly. #JodiArias

I agree with this wholeheartedly, but, IDK, the autograph signing... it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'd feel the same if the defense team were signing autographs and the like - I think there would be an explosion of rage across the internet if that happened.

According to KCL, Juan was asked to be interviewed by the press or something one day and when he was done people just came to him for an autograph. If you watch the video the TH keep playing it's all on that ONE day where he was actually ambushed with fans.

I think the way the TH try to paint Juan in a negative light is sickening. I guess they are narrow minded enough that they can't see their own behaviour? They are trying to create scandal where there is none, MOO.

OK I got my notebook back! I have windows 8 now. I went to grab a pic and I got stuck there for like 5 min! lol
Think I have it figured out now.
(maybe I should read the directions?)

Just fyi about HLN as far as I am concerned... I watch it to see what people who are not as informed as we are ~ and we know WAY more than the jury ~ have to say about the topic each night. How they vote and their reasons.

I do think that that (may) have a few "moles" on each panel because it has never been higher than 10-2. The more I watch the more I am leaning toward the whole thing being scripted as far as the jury vote.

I will say these "jurors" on HLN panic me BUT then again look at what they have to work with as far as evidence and time constraints.

I just report it each night.
Please don't think I am disrespecting anyone who has voted HLN off the island! :seeya:

Will JM be able to bring up any recent studies about female on male abuse? Anybody know if there are any recent significant studies to support the frequency of incidents --and would JM be able to ask ALV about them?

Does ALV think that only men perpetrate violence on women?

Oh. Sorry!! I really didn't mean to sound like that--my DH is home with the flu (both ends involved) and my kids are just driving me nuts.:banghead: I thought it was a post about not staying on topic. I didn't notice they were new.

Sorry!! Welcome!! (I'm usually really nice & friendly!)

BBM

Shouldn't have sold yourself short...always would be more appropriate, IMO.

Let's get this trial going. I need to get my grocery shopping done.

I have often wondered why the choice was made NOT to sequester them and get the trail over and done with. Its so high profile, it would seem better.

I am sure there is a thread where it is discussed. I just haven't found it yet!

Kelly

The state has poured more money into that waste of space as it is. The costs are out of control as it is. I can't even begin to imagine what they would be if they had to factor in lodging, etc. Besides, I would guess that sequestered juries would be in a big hurry to get home and might vote in haste to get out of there (sound familiar, anyone?)

So very true. As I flipped by JVM's show last evening, she was screaming "Controversy over prosecutor signing autographs'.

HLN are the only ones turning it into a controversy because there is little else to report on in the courtroom. :drama:

Good point. There was no controversy until court was cancelled and they had to pull a whole day of programming out their butts.

Until the trial begins, I have trouble focusing on what is really relevant to the discussion and what is not.

I equate the time before the action begins as pre-game warmups. Sometimes, I even pace back and forth in front of a full length mirror and pretend I'm JM getting ready for his shot at cross. TMI...I know.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

OK I got my notebook back! I have windows 8 now. I went to grab a pic and I got stuck there for like 5 min! lol
Think I have it figured out now.
(maybe I should read the directions?)

Just fyi about HLN as far as I am concerned... I watch it to see what people who are not as informed as we are ~ and we know WAY more than the jury ~ have to say about the topic each night. How they vote and their reasons.

I do think that that (may) have a few "moles" on each panel because it has never been higher than 10-2. The more I watch the more I am leaning toward the whole thing being scripted as far as the jury vote.

I will say these "jurors" on HLN panic me BUT then again look at what they have to work with as far as evidence and time constraints.

I just report it each night.
Please don't think I am disrespecting anyone who has voted HLN off the island! :seeya:
Do you hate Windows's 8 as much as I do??
Let's get on with this show AZ

WHEW! Finally a new page (set at 50 posts) so the margins are back to normal. I hate scrolling side to side...LOL!

Anyway, back to regularly scheduled programming - you know, that waiting one we have all learned so well?

Remember when Baez was on every show even before the KC trial yacking away? That was ok but when a man like JM signs a few autographs oh that's just shocking. *rolls eyes*

JM knows what is ok and what is not. I trust him in court and outside.

My question is, why is this juror in the vicinity of JM and taking cell pictures.
Jurors have their own entrance/exit out there , dont they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee