trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #111

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO and MOOOOOO,

Just listening to the DT and this witness, I don't think they're helping Jodi. They basically make her sound pathetic and horribly immature. Not a "victim," just pathetic, needy, a clingon, and already having "alternate reality" tendancies.

Juan, just remind the jurors that she was what, in her mid to late 20's by this time.

:banghead::banghead:

I agree DD until she said this and note the women not JA which is what that email said...they though he was being abusive to JA...
"Hughes thought TA had previously been abusive to women" That needs to be fixed imo.

Will the trial resume after lunch today or is this the start of the short days? Sorry if this has already been asked and answered.

I just got back from court. WOuld anyone be willing to give me a synopsis of what this woman has been saYING?

Wow, Gitana, she's been talking all day...basically: JA was vulnerable because she came out of a 4 year relationship and met TA, who pursued her, and made her go out of her own boundaries to have sex with him, multiple times. TA had the money and power in the relationship.

Before that, she went over JA's family relationships: learned loyalty and giving up what she wanted for someone else from her own mother, and how the mother dealt with the father. Told of the father saying inappropriate things to JA as a child.

Laying a foundation of poor, pitiful little Jodi, parents fighting, Dad making disparaging remarks about her Mother getting fat; Dad saying mean things to her. Is vulnerable, pursued by TA, made to have sex with him- even if she didn't want to.

AL was re-telling JA's life story - again, it was very boring. Now, JW is getting a summary of emails between Travis and JA. At least now, she is being asked to give a summary.

The best part of the morning was when Nurmi raised a motion before the court because Juan had a photo-op with Katie in front of the courthouse the other day, and was signing autographs. Apparently, Jean C. (HLN) saw the video and said IF a juror saw that, it would not be good.

Nurmi called Jean as a witness and she testified that she never saw a juror out front seeing that; in fact she didn't see Juan, she only saw the video.

Juan asked if she saw in person or in video any other instance of he leaving the court from the front doors, she said no. Judge dismissed the witness and called counsel to the bench and ruled.

Whew! Need more coffee!

they shouldn't be watching, they are still on the witness list IIRC

I do remember something about these emails when Chris Hughes had to come in and testify during that prosecutorial misconduct hearing, was I imagining that? lol

They shouldn't be but I will be their cell phones are receiving text messages galore.

Sky Hughes did send off emails to a friend while Travis was still alive and that may or may not come in

Pedo

They weren't to a friend, they were to Nurmi, and it was after Nurmi said it was proven 100% that the letters were real. Chris Hughes testified that that was the reason he called Nurmi a liar. IIRC We never heard the content of those emails, but the DT tried to get them in during the prosecutorial misconduct hearing.

All this to say, I think the mentality may extend beyond the young teen set that only penile/vaginal sex counts as "real" sex.

Sorry to stray off-topic, but you're absolutely right. I come from a conservative Christian background and went to a conservative Christian college. My friends and I were generally committed to remaining sexually pure before marriage... until, that is, we all started dating seriously. Then the "slippery slope" began, where lines were crossed, boundaries were pushed further and further back, etc.

It's not that we were so unintelligent or unsophisticated that we actually thought that oral and/or anal sex weren't "real" sex: we were just so hormone-crazed and in love that we were willing to rationalize that those things weren't as "bad" as vaginal sex (not to mention that they don't run the risk of unplanned pregnancy), and that we could still claim to be "virgins." Of course that reasoning doesn't fly in the clear light of day, and I'm sure we knew it even then, but it was the best we could do to try and justify behavior that we recognized was out of line with our Christian values. There were recommitments to purity, followed by backsliding, followed by recommitments... I can't help but think that TA struggled in much the same way.

I should also add that there was no high-pressure sales pitch from any of the mild-mannered young men they were dating to engage in this sort of thing: in many cases, it was the girls' idea. My roommate, a genius with a photographic memory who studied theology, philosophy and psychology, used to theorize that for some of our friends, having sexual contact short of vaginal sex was like tipping the lid of a boiling pot at an angle: it was a way to let out just enough steam that they could keep the whole thing from boiling out of control.

If we can't say disparaging words about the witnesses and defense team, can we bash the judge instead?

From Twitter
rygepeja.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk 2

Heeeeeeere's Jodi....

We interrupt this sidebar to bring you *actual* testimony....

Weren't these emails in response to a lie Jodi told about Travis? And why are we discussing them through Alyce the Mouthpyce when they were never admitted into evidence?

Sky not ver-batim sent off an email to a friend discussing Travis as a pedophile, this was while he was alive.

Where did you get this information?
Link please TIA

They might actually let that be the last testimony for the entire Easter break.

The last words they hear are "They warned her Travis was abusive to women"

I want to throw something so bad right now!

I want to know what form of abuse she is talking about!
I know that I went to Batterers Intervention for 20 weeks years ago... They lumped physical, emotional, financial, physcological, sexual abuse all together, to them abuse was abuse.
Whether you were purchasing things you couldn't afford (financial) or whether you were cheating on your partner (Emotional, sexual..)

I want to hear the context of these emails.

IMHO, Defense "Expert" witnesses in any case LOVE to hear themselves go on and go and on....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee