trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #111

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is she staring at Katie??

Judging by a wide shot of the courtroom when she was doing this awhile ago, it looks to me like she's grabbing glances at Travis' family. And staring at her own family. This was the scene awhile ago, when she turned around and stared...

Inappropriate courtroom demeanor on her family's part, in my opinion.

20k6ikk.png

How sweet... ALV and JA just exchanged grins.
I hate the dimple.
It has NO PLACE in a capital murder trial-room.

They just did that again..then alv got all serious and had to acknowledge the Alexanders.....which in turn made her look down.

THEY ADVISED HER TO MOVE ON BECAUSE HE WAS ABUSIVE?????????????????????????????
oh my god.

ive literally fallen over.

Weren't they the ones who told Travis to get rid of HER--and she was listening in the hallway?? Never heard any friends of his say he was abusive, where did they get this from?

Yes. They tried to let Jodi know that Travis was abusive, alas hoping she'd stay away from him. moo

I was trying to at least have respect for ALV even though her believing JA as a battered woman is bogus. But what she did by sneaking in that last comment about the Hughes saying he was abusive etc. WAYYYYY OUT OF LINE!!!!!

So Infuriating! I just feel so bad for Travis family and friends that have to stay calm. I dont even know him and Im shaking cause Im so mad. This woman just lost all respect from me.

We heard about the Hughes email to Travis on HLN. I think the Hughes were being somewhat harrassed by Jodi as she tried to drag them into the drama of her and Travis.

I'd like our expert here to read some of of the e-mails that Travis sent to his friends about JA - I'd bet those would be real eye openers for her.

I just got back from court. WOuld anyone be willing to give me a synopsis of what this woman has been saYING?

She's parroted JA's testimony and said JA's childhood led to low self-esteem (like THAT never happens).

Now she's speaking about a letter from Travis to Chris Hughes - which I guess because she's an expert was allowed in (not considered hearsay outright?), but JM is objecting on hearsay rules left and right.

Oh - we started off with the DT motion of prosecutorial misconduct because JM was featured in an HLN clip taking photos with a couple of people and signing a woman's cane. He declined an interview. KN's knickers were in a twist - big time.

Jean Ceasarez (sp?) testified briefly, because KN thought she had stated during a show that a juror saw JM doing these things. She hadn't. She just mused that jurors do go out the same door.

JM crossed, and asked her how often she's seen the prosecutor use the front door. JC: Never. And she said that the clip was the only time she'd ever seen him in front of the building. So - it was a one time deal.

Katie Witt (sp?) was mentioned and upset - but I don't recall seeing her in the HLN clip so I'm not sure what that meant.

The judge called for a sidebar and then asked the witness to take the stand and for the jury to be brought in. Not a word about DT motion.

ETA: ALV is reminding me of a high school gossip - the issues she's speaking of things (based on and provided almost entirely by JA) that seem completely irrelevant unless one is 14-18 yo or so.

Q for ALV: Did you contact Chris Hughes to clarify what was said in his email.

I just got home.....what did I miss????:please:

BTW, where are JA's bangs today?

I feel so bad for TA's family and the jurors. I am almost to the point of turning this off and waiting to read the verdict online. It's so frustrating and UNNECESSARY to drag it out like this. It really makes no sense. I hate the DT, I really do.

Didn't Nurmi tell Sky that Travis was a pedophile based on the forged letters?

Guess what you Sociopath and Maria Dela Rosa and your defense team, no matter how many people you try and destroy and take down with you on this sinking Titanic, you are going down ALONE. And no one else will truly be affected unless of course we count the TRAUMA and it's residual effects you are creating for the survivors of Travis Alexander. And they will have the luxury of working on that with support and assistance, and it won't be from a 7X12 cell to which they are confined 23 hours per day.

And they will have clean consciences to live the rest of their life with (not that the sociopath has one but I have to believe the rest on some level do).

ALONE Jodi. You are going down ALONE the last one on that ship as it sinks to the depths of the Perryville Prison Death Row.

Let's see your smirking then.

Thank you Katie! So well said!:great:

And everything you are testifying to ALV ...
Is based on the lies that JA has told you.

Yo, ALV ... With you're extensive CV, I would think you would know that there are at least 2 sides to every story.

Unfortunately, Travis is not able to speak for himself.

How in the world could an intelligent expert witness not consider that just perhaps JA has sold you her perspective of what happened in her lifetime that makes her appear in a good light?
Seems like common sense to consider the defendant would lie to you to save her skin.
But ... ALV seems to drank the kool-aid.
"JA says", JA beiieves", "in JA's mind ____" ... Really?

Why so few seats taken on Travis's side of the gallery? I was late this morning. Did something happen?

Many travel far to attend. Being this is a 1/2 day of a 4 day weekend, it probably made more sense to stay home (from yesterday) then to watch side-bars for 4 hours.

I know it's expensive for the TA family for travel costs.

Just my opinion - I don't know for sure.

MOO

Mel

Meh...if I were a juror I wouldn't be buying it. I have faith. There seem to be some smart people on the jury. They're probably dreaming about Easter break.

What's the trial schedule for next week pretty please? Aka the 3 hours of testimony a day spent between sidebars.

It must stink to be such a subhuman and pathetic excuse for a lawyer that you have to resort to such low blows to even have a one in a million shot at a jury believing you, huh JW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876