trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #112

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I've looked back over old day planners and thought "What the heck was I talking about there?" had to look a page or two prior to see the context, and that was me reading my own writing!

IMO the crime scene tells the story quite well.:twocents:

That describes me on this forum sometimes :floorlaugh:

Did Jodi say she slept on MM's floor, wasn't there a room-mate, male, there also? In my mind, I keep getting this picture of them all sleeping in one room...talking or something?! Why is that?
Something is off about that. Why would they put Jodi on the floor? This MM, why didn't Jodi sleep in the bed with him, hands to themselves---if nothing was going on? Couch? Were they plotting?

Travis's phone, Travis's fingers, IMO

There were shots of someone's penis, which the DT tried to enter as photos that TA sent to Jodi. Since there was no way to determine who's "apparatus" it is, I don't think they were entered. But the fingers are a comparison - the top picture on the left is the peen picture, on the right is Darryl Brewer's hands during his testimony; the bottom is obviously Travis.

I hope this is what you were asking about.

Why was Jodi even going off with Travis the very first night in Vegas if she had such high morals? while living with another man?

because her borders are fluid.

can't say I'm not learning anything.

Are we sure that Jodi didn't sneak to Travis' room and give him oral sex first? Travis doesn't seem the type to just do it on a girl unless she gave him some very, very strong signals....like a BJ first. Which she's been doing since what age.

[/B]

Yes, this is the final tape I want the jury to hear before they deliberate. The tape before this one -- "Mark my word, nobody will ever convict me".

:jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail:

I think maybe JM set it up to do just that with the "I'm innocent & no jury will convict me"--during sentencing we need to hear "I would be begging for the DP"

I would want to know how Travis was with siblings. Personally, I think he was very co-dependent, proud but yet, a little cocky. Like a teen first discovering sex--people who talk about sex a lot tend to be not getting it. ..very late bloomer, once you start--and all.

I think he did a lot of good things for Jodi, helping her and he did care to a point. Jodi had been around the block several times, now she wants to play virgin? Please. I think Travis knew he was being a hypocrite with his religion and sex, that's why he kept pulling away from Jodi and she kept putting out her spider web of sex or crawling through the doggy door, creeping in his bed while he slept.

WE CAN SEE YOU JODI :couch:

OT kind of, but can someone who has been in the courtroom (KCL, PASA, Momof3, BlueLady, etc) please explain to me how the cameras are set up? It's confusing how they go from one to another, and I *think* I remember someone saying there are automatic cameras but also cameramen in the courtroom. How do they know which to "go to" when live? Where are they standing?/QUOTE]

Only seen 1 case with a camera crew in the courtroom. In that case, they were at the rear of the courtroom. They know when to go live because they are recording "on the record" just like the court reporter. We've seen a few instances where court was on the record but recording was barred. In those instances the judge tells them.

Furthermore ...

This case is not going to hurt Laviolette's career. She is a good witness and may get many calls from defense attorneys to testify. She is also an ardent champion of female domestic violence victims, and there are plenty of them out there. For those women she is still a hero and can provide them with valuable services.

If ALV could convince anyone, yet alone a jury, that JA was the victim of domestic violence then I could see a line of defense attorney's with questionable clients wanting her services.

It is kind of odd that she visited her ex's before heading to Mesa.

MM, DB. :what: Again... driving 1000's of miles, you have plenty of time to think up an alibi and they were part of it.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to take the money she spent on the trip and used it for a car payment so they would not repossess her car. She obviously needed the car for work. What were her plans when she returned and her car was gone?????

Plus Travis' BMW. That does not sound like someone who is abusive. He was trying to get his attorneys to hold UHaul accountable for the damage to the car. Had he been successful she would have eventually had that car to use.

I think she visited the ex's because she wanted something from them. DB provided the gas cans and there is something with the remote that is in question. MM we know what her intentions were with him. She had plans for him later as we have seen in court. I don't think she ever liked Ryan. He was just someone of use for her purposes. jmo

It was after. It was May10th I think. A few weeks before she killed him. IMO she had already started this pre meditation, with that phone call. If she couldn't hear anything clear enough, she would ask him to repeat it. He had no idea he was being taped and was clearly half asleep.

California's wiretapping law is a "two-party consent" law. So unless JA stated at the begining of the conversation, this call is being taped, she violated California wiretapping law? Am I missing something here?

Are we sure that Jodi didn't sneak to Travis' room and give him oral sex first? Travis doesn't seem the type to just do it on a girl unless she gave him some very, very strong signals....like a BJ first. Which she's been doing since what age.

Since she lies so much, we can never be "sure" about anything she says.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to take the money she spent on the trip and used it for a car payment so they would not repossess her car. She obviously needed the car for work. What were her plans when she returned and her car was gone?????

Plus Travis' BMW. That does not sound like someone who is abusive. He was trying to get his attorneys to hold UHaul accountable for the damage to the car. Had he been successful she would have eventually had that car to use.

I think she visited the ex's because she wanted something from them. DB provided the gas cans and there is something with the remote that is in question. MM we know what her intentions were with him. She had plans for him later as we have seen in court. I don't think she ever liked Ryan. He was just someone of use for her purposes. jmo

Ryan was to be her "alibi" IMO

IMO MM practiced Wicca.. part of her alibi?

Did Jodi say she slept on MM's floor, wasn't there a room-mate, male, there also? In my mind, I keep getting this picture of them all sleeping in one room...talking or something?! Why is that?
Something is off about that. Why would they put Jodi on the floor? This MM, why didn't Jodi sleep in the bed with him, hands to themselves---if nothing was going on? Couch? Were they plotting?

California's wiretapping law is a "two-party consent" law. So unless JA stated at the begining of the conversation, this call is being taped, she violated California wiretapping law? Am I missing something here?

It was after. It was May10th I think. A few weeks before she killed him. IMO she had already started this pre meditation, with that phone call. If she couldn't hear anything clear enough, she would ask him to repeat it. He had no idea he was being taped and was clearly half asleep.

I have wondered if JA threatened to expose TA with that tape and he then informed her she had broken the law by taping without his consent and that he could report her. This may have enraged her and started her on her murder trip.

I think you may be right about motives for seeing the exes. She may have even imagined that once the police started digging they might link her exes to the crime -- and she could help things along from there. I'm not saying it is a logical approach, but it is consistent with the self-absorbed blindness that constitutes "reality" for her.

Oh, the fog is real, all right. It's just a fog of her own narcissistic making.

:cow:

Thanks for the explanation. Although I've gotta say, I don't think guys "owe" any woman they've just recently started dating an explanation of 'where they stand,' i.e., whether they are headed to the chapel at some unspecified future time. Talk about how to send a guy running for the hills! ;) :back:

ETA: Re: your statement "keep having sex with a woman and she WILL believe that there is still some kind of relationship going on" - it's too late for Jodi but Matt Titus and Tamsen Fadal's book, "Why Hasn't He Called? How Guys Really Think & How to Get the Right One Interested in You" preaches Don't sleep with him, no kissing, be the first to say goodnight, and zip it when it comes to further communicaiton. They say, "If you initiate a call after your first date, that will give hiim enough of a reason not to ask you out for a second date. So, don't pick up that phone, email or 'just send him a short text.'" Titus founded a Manhattan dating agency, The Little Black Book, and insists "if you sleep with a man on the first date, he will assume that's how you operate. Don't think you can convince him otherwise by rolling over afterward and saying, 'I never do this.' He won't believe you whether it's true or not. But he probably won't even hear it he'll be too busy wondering how long he has to stick around and pretend to be interested before he can bolt and not look like a pig."

"Never Utter the Final Four: The 'final four' are four words that will make almost any man run if they are uttered in the first few months of a relationship. No matter how great you get along, how many friends he has introduced you to, or how often you have slept together, rest assured, your courtship will come to a screeching halt if you mention these four words: "Where is this going?" Let him dictate the pace of the relationship; if you don't, you'll instead be asking, "Where did he go?"

So I respectfully submit that Travis wasn't emotionally abusive to Jodi by not making it clear where she really stood with him. Although I further submit that he did, indeed, make it clear where she stood. Whether the Hughes said so or not, JA was little more than a booty call.

So basically, according to the book, women should relinquish their power and autonomy to gain a relationship with a man. It is the man that dictates (or should according to Matt) the pace of an adult relationship. Well that explains so much about the divorce rate doesn't it?

OT but relevant- Does anybody watch Teen Mom? There are some teenaged dads who that book was no doubt written about. There are others who demonstrate more maturity than men double and triple their age and way more maturity than their girlfriends....so I have hope that gender equality is an achievable dream and that a young woman 20 years from now will be able to speak honestly with a man she is dating. Maybe when she asks, Where is this going? it's because the male is coming on too strong, and too fast and is taking things too seriously.

As for the rest of the no kissing, no sex. I didn't crash through glass ceilings and watch my mother burn her bra to have my sexual freedoms linked to the possibility that some guy might want me more if I denied myself the same rights and freedoms he enjoys.

We don't need books ladies we need to listen to our sisters and mothers.
Rant over. Not directed at you Alleyne- your post just triggered my inner angst. :blushing:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4hbQj8NK1g"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4hbQj8NK1g[/ame]

But Travis isn't here to defend himself and say he was not aware he was being taped. She's deviously smart. :furious:
So all we have is JA's word. :banghead:

This here is what really has me wondering about little Ms. Jodi's claim to be monogomus. Jodi testified that she met TA at a convention - came home on a Sunday nite and then proceeded to break up with Darryl on Thursday and by Saturday was having oral sex with TA - watch her description of that again. She says she broke up with him because she didn't want to cheat on him. Cripe she had already, in 4 days, decided she was way over Darryl but continued to live there with him. He testified he was aware of the preachers after the breakup.

ALV says the mormon preachers appeared after TA challenged her to read the Book of Mormon, which by logic indicates the preachers could not have been visiting with her before she broke up with Darryl according to her testimony.

There are so many lies, it is darn near impossible for anyone to keep them straight. JMO - she didn't play the no sex until marriage card on Darryl before the preachers arrived.

i'm glad you brought this up because what i understood DB to say was the missionaries showed up before she even met TA. i must have heard that wrong.

crap. guess i have to go back and listen to DB again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018