trial day 39: the defense continues its case in chief #117

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Dr Drew is showing the rest of today's testimony, but they had a short break and he and his guest host said after hearing JA's mom, watching this witness is like watching "road kill.":facepalm:

JMHO
fran

Not always. I do not know anything about TA's family except what he wrote about on his blog. It was not pretty. His dad had three wives and seven children. Pretty dysfunctional..if you ask me. I have not heard of any of the half-brothers or half-sisters that are psychopaths.

Which kids are Travis' full brothers and sisters?

More chocolate for me! Just got a surge of energy. :rollercoaster:

I can't believe the contradiction from ALV to Sandy being interrogated.

HAS ALV watched the interrogation tapes and did she see the mom and pop interviews? If so, ALV is nothing but a paid hack.

She did mention viewing or reading statements from her family. Surely she saw this interrogation tape of her parents if she wanted to get a honest view of Arias.

But the DT probably didn't show her.

IMO

I'm tellin ya it's usually 1st sign of sociopath or serial killers.. think about it when you watch A&E shows.. they always talk about hurting/killing animals!

A serial killer profiler put her mind up there with Bundy. And just like serial killers, she the sexual deviant

I lost all cable & internet for the last hour & now I'm hearing of interrogation tapes w/ JA's mom?! Please post a link! TIA :)

I don't understand how you can be that emotional in an interview and then never show any emotion during this trial. I don't get it. This is her child who is a murderer.

Jodi was intensely questioned by police and spent several days being cross examined by Juan. She didn't break.

I can't imagine how her parents could have FORCED her to go to counseling. And they are being portrayed as abusive for trying to discipline her in this trial.

Exactly!! When her parent tried to enforce a curfew, she dropped out of high school and moved out. Jodi does what Jodi wants and that is that!!

We disagree sometimes....but this is a good post. And *exactly* why JA needs to be on death row....thanks anagrammy :hug:

(I am answering the guy from a country without the DP who doesn't see why only the Death Penalty will avenge Travis Alexander's murder)

I had a son who was a violent sociopath from birth. He was also a criminal and served time in jail. When out of jail, he lived a pitiful life working for minimum wage and using his tremendous IQ to cook up fraud schemes, work up ways to justify beating people up, selling drugs/cheating people, etc.

He loved being in prison. He was a loser on the streets and kept lowering his peer group in order to feel superior until he was literally hanging with people who lived under the bridge. But he was really somebody in jail. He had the opportunity to buff up his body until it shone rippling with muscles. He quickly developed a following, acquired tattoos and was dispensing street smarts to younger criminals. Still with the dazzling model good looks.

He told me that having people afraid of you was "worth it" because you got respect. Being violent on the streets got you in trouble, but in jail it got you respect. And he just preened with that. He got his own private cell because everybody was afraid to be his cellie (sp?).

I lived in fear he would kill someone "for fun" and sure enough he was making plans. Why? Because it would give him the respect he craved. Why not commit a minor crime and go back to prison where he was respected? Because a minor crime doesn't get the respect. It starts you at the bottom and you have to claw your way up (by being violent). He figured if he hurt someone on the outside, they would respect him, he would see that in their eyes PLUS he would get more respect and have a higher pecking order in the gang when he got to prison (because of a more serious rap).

I am a non-violent person myself; however, I don't consider life in prison with an "opportunity to do good in the world" from jail is punishment. It shows that you do not know the criminal mind.

Take Jodi Arias for example. She is scorned in society, branded and will never have a decent boyfriend. Just look at her current admirer. SHe is a pariah no matter what the verdict. But in jail--why I saw it on the faces of the eager prisoners that Nancy Grace walked by.

"I know her, I sat by her at lunch once!" screamed one wretch.

"Will, Ay hayve talk-ed to her my SELF," said another and got an interview with the eye of the camera right in front of her wondering nose.

She is a celebrity in jail, smiling and waving at the crowd as she goes to and from her cell. They are all wishing her well, giving her an extra cookie, cowtowing to her, worshipping her. "Can I do your hair Miss Jody?"

This attention *advertiser censored* will be loving every minute of it as she writes her future best seller "The Law of Attraction vs. The Law in Arizona" - the legal cagefight of the year and how I won.

It has to be the Death Penalty, my foreign friend. Even if she sits on Death Row for twenty years at least she will be having PUNISHMENT for the heinous and deliberate act of torturing and carving up a human being to please her offended pride.

Which kids are Travis' full brothers and sisters?

They all seem very close so the full or half is irrelevant to me.

All of them turned out to be very good people. One of his brothers had a problem with drugs and was charged with shoplifting but he said he has gotten his life together since then.

I think their grandmother raised them all and did a wonderful job.

IMO

A serial killer profiler put her mind up there with Bundy. And just like serial killers, she the sexual deviant

I saw that, it was on CNN with Don Lemon interview some guy Clement? He said she was highly intelligent and on par with Bundy.

Jodi had a gun with her. If the suicide threat was just another lie, did she have another victim in mind? She thought she was getting away with murdering Travis, who else did she want out of the picture? Someone in her circle who she thought would betray her?

This has really been bothering me, so Im going to throw it out here and see what you all think. Travis wrote his "Why I want to marry..." piece on May 18th. That combined with his statement of "if I dont show up for church one Sunday" tells me he knew Jodi was coming after him. He was sending out warnings. He knew how dangerous she was, but why oh why, did he not take steps to save himself ? Any thoughts ?

I think Travis was almost addicted to JA in someway. And I don't think he had a clue how truly evil JA was until it was too late. I hate that freaking sicko beotch

HAS ALV watched the interrogation tapes and did she see the mom and pop interviews? If so, ALV is nothing but a paid hack.

Frequently that is a good definition of an "expert witness."

I like that he's airing the tapes. I have some respect for her mother now, knowing that Jodi had severe mental issues when she was young. No wonder she and her mother have problems now. After seeing her mother and aunt smiling in court, I couldn't stand them. Now I see her mother in a better light. She has had to deal with this whacko all of her life.

I mentioned last week that I thought when people see Mom & Aunt in court that smiles/giggle was prolly not directed toward TAs family or disrespect I think they are rolling their eyes/laughing/smiling at the outrageous chit JA & her minions of mouthpieces are spewing...

Go back watch clip of Mom & Aunt when wooden spoon 1st came up during Direct from Nurmi to JA.. The Aunt looks at the Mom like "She said what?" & Mom looks back with expression like "Yeah she's lying her a$$ off"

In a way (don't throw tomatos) but I feel for Sandy Arias..
Her daughters about to be sent to DR & her Husband is on Dialysis guessing maybe year to live?? Talk about crumbling of your world.. Remember she didn't do this horrific act JA did!

Where are these talking heads getting all these unreleased tapes????????

I wonder if they(CNN) requested the videos through a motion and today is the day the judge finally said yes to their motion? sorry if answered already.

Beth K. says the parents interrogation tapes MAY come in at the penalty phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d_z