trial day 39: the defense continues its case in chief #117

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

No offense but they do not seem to be in a LIKELY to be robbed neighborhood?
The pics show a very unlikely target for stealing anything?
What I mean is, it is not a high income area from the pics shown right?
the paint is peeling and looks not so well kept [ at least the door pic]

Perhaps that is the case. JA has been looking at the jury much more lately. She maybe looking at the juror box to see which juror is putting questions in the box.
I still feel that Donovan should be watched more closely as with the MS. Both are trying to stir the pot IMO.
Really what is the sense of all that? Even if there were to be a mistrial the outcome would be the same. Just get this trial over with and Nurmi can be done with her.

Dang I just cannot wrap my mind around this. If I were the defendant, I don't think I could be staring at the jurors that were going to decide my fate. I don't think I could meet someone's eyes let alone defiantly stare at them. If I were a juror that would make me extremely uncomfortable, and also make me angry. If I were the defendant, I would be showing so much humility and remorse, and I would show the utmost respect for the jurors, the court and especially the victim's family. Even animals show their submission to each other when they are in trouble and want back into the fold. All her actions to to me is make me pray every night that she isn't turned loose. I really don't understand her staring at the jurors. Even if they aren't looking directly at her, surely the must be able to see what she's doing out of their peripheral vision?

When you have a child like this, you start mothering "by the book" as I call it. In other words, you are no longer enjoying the mothering but you still love, so you are determined to fulfill your obligations to the best of your ability.

You still say, "Don't hit your brother. You're getting at time out for not respecting your sister's privacy...." etc. But you know in your heart he will do it again and you can't stop him. We teach out children how to behave and they want to please us as little children, they want their Mommy's approval.

But what happens when a child DOESN'T CARE about your approval?

In spite of the lack of reward, we mothers trudge on. They used to call us "refrigerator mothers" if our child was autistic. They are unresponsive, the doctors said, because their mothers are cold.

You know you are n't cold, you know you are a loving mother, you have other children who are normal. But you are out in public with a problem child and people give you dirty looks. Like you haven't taught them or you are somehow responsible that they knocked over the display on purpose and think it's funny.

I have sympathy for her mother because she has endured this stigma all her life. Strangers have also telephoned me reporting that my son did this or that, was acting up, was in trouble, had stolen something, hurt somebody and he should get some professional help. Well he did get professional help and there's nothing anybody could do. So you just thank the person for the phone call and get back to cooking.

You have a life, you have other children. You get used to the fact that one of your children is not normal and you ignore the reactions of other people. That's what her mother is doing--and that wall is very strong because she has had years of torture from this monster. Don't kid yourself, she's been bitten, threatened, punched, tricked, villified, the worst.

I called the police regularly over the marijuana, the stealing of my car, the invasion of my privacy and I could go on for pages-- but here's just one example. He stole my wedding ring and pawned it. I called the police; they said they can do nothing about it because it's my son and told me to "see if I can get him to give it back to me." I marched down to the pawn shop and found it there and called the police and told them where it was. After many of these experience, they offered me a job! Said I was good at law enforcement.

Because that's what mothering becomes when you have a sociopath. You begin to think more of your responsibility to protect innocent bystanders who might not realize that your boy might hurt their child or their pet.

Those who blame Jodi's mother or her aunt because they laughed or because of the expression on their faces? You walk a mile in her moccasins, my friends. Imagine owning and running a restaurant with that daughter in your employ...stealing from the cash register, humping in the pantry, going out to their cars with boys and that's when she's not crying or having an angry tantrum in front of customers. Finally you ban her. What can you do? Now she is raging at you, sneaking out at night and telling the whole town you beat her.

That stoicism you see says this, "My child is a monster and I still love her. I am her mother and I will be here for her, including the day they take her life"

Ohhhh Anagrammy :grouphug:

Juror #5 and her copious note taking should not have influenced the deliberations if she was selected to actually try the case. Juror instructions will state a juror can consult their own notes but they are not considered evidence. Each juror is to rely on their independent recollection of the evidence and not be influenced by another juror’s notes.

IMO, Judge Stephens has given up all control of her courtroom to a confessed killer and her evil manipulating ways. This is total JURY ABUSE...Maricopa take some actions here. Have another Judge sit in there during proceedings. Intimidation techniques that JS is allowing is totally obscene. Who would want to sit on a murder trial there?......okay me, just to swoon over Juan for as long as the evil B would let me. :)

WOW - just watched the clip with JA's Mom and Dad. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see the entire unedited version.....ahemmm David Lohr!

So I guess DD is now saying she's mentally ill? I didn't watch him. As a TH I just don't care what he thinks. He's usually wrong.

JA is cray cray.

Perhaps that is the case. JA has been looking at the jury much more lately. She maybe looking at the juror box to see which juror is putting questions in the box.
I still feel that Donovan should be watched more closely as with the MS. Both are trying to stir the pot IMO.
Really what is the sense of all that? Even if there were to be a mistrial the outcome would be the same. Just get this trial over with and Nurmi can be done with her.

BBM - It seems weird to me that they don't do jury questions in such a way as to camouflage it a bit. For example, if no one can see whether jurors are writing in a notepad on or a question form, why not pass around a manila envelope once per session and have jurors insert question forms - even if blank - so no one can tell who is asking questions or exactly at what point.

That's it, he said she has "other" or "several" personality disorders. I'm sure I remember him saying that because at the time I thought WHOA why isn't Juan asking him to elaborate?

He didn't do a complete screening.

Also, the test he "prefers" to use first, I believe, was the one that was not applicable to people with Axis I or II diagnosis. If he had diagnosed her with any personality disorders, he would have eliminated the validity of his favorite test. It's still invalid, but Juan might have had yet another reason to trash it.

Side NOte: I think the defense tried to get Jodi to go with insanity and she just couldn't live with that due to her pride. She would rather been dead than be thought crazy.

I hope she corrects her biggest lie of all and in the end pleads for the death penalty since she did, in fact, hurt Travis.

When you have a child like this, you start mothering "by the book" as I call it. In other words, you are no longer enjoying the mothering but you still love, so you are determined to fulfill your obligations to the best of your ability.

You still say, "Don't hit your brother. You're getting at time out for not respecting your sister's privacy...." etc. But you know in your heart he will do it again and you can't stop him. We teach out children how to behave and they want to please us as little children, they want their Mommy's approval.

In spite of the lack of reward, we mothers trudge on. They used to call us "refrigerator mothers" if our child was autistic. They are unresponsive, the doctors said, because their mothers are cold.

You know you are n't cold, you know you are a loving mother, you have other children who are normal. But you are out in public with a problem child and people give you dirty looks. Like you haven't taught them or you are somehow responsible that they knocked over the display on purpose and think it's funny.

I have sympathy for her mother because she has endured this stigma all her life. Strangers have also telephoned me reporting that my son did this or that, was acting up, was in trouble, had stolen something, hurt somebody and he should get some professional help. Well he did get professional help and there's nothing anybody could do. So you just thank the person for the phone call and get back to cooking.

You have a life, you have other children. You get used to the fact that one of your children is not normal and you ignore the reactions of other people. That's what her mother is doing--and that wall is very strong because she has had years of torture from this monster. Don't kid yourself, she's been bitten, threatened, punched, tricked, villified, the worst.

I called the police regularly over the marijuana, the stealing of my car, the invasion of my privacy and I could go on for pages-- but here's just one example. He stole my wedding ring and pawned it. I called the police; they said they can do nothing about it because it's my son and told me to "see if I can get him to give it back to me." I marched down to the pawn shop and found it there and called the police and told them where it was. After many of these experience, they offered me a job! Said I was good at law enforcement.

Because that's what mothering becomes when you have a sociopath. You begin to think more of your responsibility to protect innocent bystanders who might not realize that your boy might hurt their child or their pet.

Those who blame Jodi's mother or her aunt because they laughed or because of the expression on their faces? You walk a mile in her moccasins, my friends. Imagine owning and running a restaurant with that daughter in your employ...stealing from the cash register, humping in the pantry, going out to their cars with boys and that's when she's not crying or having an angry tantrum in front of customers. Finally you ban her. What can you do? Now she is raging at you, sneaking out at night and telling the whole town you beat her.

That stoicism you see says this, "My child is a monster and I still love her. I am her mother and I will be here for her, including the day they take her life"

Geeeze..... this is unimaginable. So sad. Bless your heart.

I have a question for you if you will - How do you think Jodi's parents feel towards Travis' family? Do you think they blame themselves for what she's done? Is there any sort of relief for them now that she's in jail, forever?

I read your post about why you feel the DP is necessary for her. That was so well explained. I agree.

Thanks so much for your insights on this. I appreciate it!

Plus only 2 days of court this week???? The constant "days off" makes it very difficult to keep these types of things from not happening. jmo

(Respectfully snipped for space)

Hi LambChop:

So there is no court tomorrow? Wow.

I need to go see my grandchildren so I guess tomorrow is a good time.

Wonder why such a short week? Thanks for the info.

Wha???? They test all schoolteachers and keep a record of their collective IQs? Who knew? :what:
I had no idea that schoolteachers were on the "not very high" scale of IQs. Wow, you learn something every day. I'm so disappointed that all those wonderful, intelligent teachers I know aren't really geniuses. Not a one of them. Shucks. My husband, too. Nope, not a genius among them. Just barely above average. Good thing none of them ever wanted to be a lawyer or doctor or rocket scientist. (Just wanted to teach people how to be lawyers, doctors, and rocket scientists. With their barely adequate IQs.)

I read that most DOCTORS have an average IQ of only about 130. But they have to be DRIVEN to get through med school.

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed this as well? RS and ALV seem to be contradicting each other continuously, both in such a way (of course) as to be to Jodi's benefit.
  • RS: "It doesn't matter what she wrote in her journal, because what it really means is the opposite of what she wrote. And that proves she had PTSD etc."
  • ALV: "What she wrote in her journal is 100% spot on, and it proves Travis abused her."
Has that struck anyone else? Maybe I'm in a fog...

Mark Eiglarsh on Dr Drew summed it up perfectly last night. ALV is saying all these things as if they are facts, but all she's doing is regurgitating Jodi's lies under the cover of her credentials as an expert.

Juan would probably be objecting to almost every answer like he did with the emails, but the judge will overrule him 98% of the time on it so he's saving his vitriol for cross. I sure hope the jury is seeing the blatant biases of ALV even before JM starts pointing them out in detail.

BBM. It would be bad enough if that's all ALV was doing, but she's actually doing more than that.

She said yesterday that she reviewed all these emails and even testimony from other people and that she could form an opinion of Travis from them. I have a huge problem with that.

I also was seriously bothered by the fact that once she had determined that Travis was an abuser, everything he did was abusive. He doesn't apologize, he's an abuser. He does apologize, it's a trick to make her stay. He takes her on a trip, he's abusing her by engaging in "bonding" activity -- because you know friends don't just go on outings together. Virtually everything he does is seen through the filter that he's deceptive and manipulative.

I don't think Travis sent her the shirt and underwear. I think Jodi made them herself.

ALV was certainly confused on that point. She memorized the Spidey briefs, but almost forgot the shirt and totally blanked on the 'boy short' undies which she stated plainly that she didn't remember at all.

Reminded me of Dr. Scamuels and Jodi's June 4, 94-degree sweater. And don't forget the shooting of Travis low like a linebacker that happened in or near the closet as opposed to the middle of the bathroom.

To quote the lying torture-murderess herself: They "couldn't keep [their] lies straight."

It really bothers me that ALV described cheating behaviors as forms of psychological abuse. Without question they cause pain and emotional trauma but one of the key characteristics of an abuser is that they intend to cause these things as a primary motive. A cheater is careless with other's feelings but quite opposite of the abuser, he/she will usually expend quite a bit of energy to avoid discovery by the involved parties. If the standard for abuse is simply "anything hurtful" then forgetting an anniversary is abuse, not snuggling long enough after sex is abuse, going out drinking with the guys is abuse, etc.

ITA

Do you remember when Jodi was talking to Det. Flores and a friend of Travis's told her that Travis was dating and desperate to get married? Jodi's voice changed when she was telling this story. She was horrified that he was desperate to marry and she was NOT the one he wanted.

She told Flores they had a fight over this.

Yes. And she also told Flores that she had not yet found someone to marry but "Travis had". Seems her brain had become fixated on marriage. She had invested 4 years with Darryl with no results. Now over a year with Travis. She couldn't understand why if they had these wonderful trips where she took such wonderful pictures why he could possibly refuse to marry his dirty little secret. Add to this her perception that he had found "the one" and the rejection set her off and spun her crazy brain into homicidal ideas. And he was taking a trip w/o her!
IMO

Any idea what the defense will make of those videos of her parents?
When Flores told Jodie that her parents knew and weren't surprised. She quickly responded with a story, that she told them her name was thrown out there.

I'm assuming they'll want to keep them as far away as possible. At a minimum, they show that her own parents considered her unstable. Her own mother states that she has "mental problems." That's not helpful to their defense, since it would support the state's theory of premeditation given their description of her erratic behavior.
:cow:

:clap: very well said!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member