trial day 40: the defense continues its case in chief #118

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Ma'am, what is your understanding of the definition of the word '*advertiser censored*'?"

Starting to believe that if the cross examination of Alice and JM were on pay-per-view that JM could retire a rich man! Smack down in Arizona!

Dual in the Desert?
Volley in the Valley?

I'll donate my royalties to the naming to:
REAL DV VICTIMS or AZ CPS INVESTIGATIONS

Per the expert kicking is on the severe range of the abuse scale. Hide your Mothers and dogs folks.

This Quack is gonna be so easily flipped we won't even see the flip but the SPLAT!

But what's frustrating is JW will be up and out of her chair every 10 seconds asking "can we approach".

:banghead:

I don't know how/if the jury can take any of this nonsense seriously -- since it's all based on a lie!

MOO

Mel

JM-Instant messages?

The LAV- Incident messages, yes.

<modsnip>

I'll never believe he did the picture thing, never!

Jodi allegedly slashed TA tires and shortly later she brutally stabs TA...is that an escalation?

Im just sickened...

Before I thought maybe ALV was duped, and therefore just completely inept. Her credibility is now gone as far as Im concerned.

Well, ALV is correct in her assessment of Jodi but women like Jodi set themselves up for abuse. They do compromise their own values and "bottom line" - they are addicted to the relationship even though it's unhealthy. Just like an alcoholic. But it still doesn't justify the murder!

She's sitting there telling us if a dead man feels guilty!

Judge Sherry K. Stephens, shame on you!

Over or Under 5 questions

We get our first Objection and May we approach from Wilmott when it's Juan's turn

Wow, this is just so wrong. Whatever happened to the option of apoligizing when you feel guilty for something? That option does not exist in ALV's world I guess.

Are there any legal folks who can tell us why this particular trial is taking so long?
Why is the judge allowing this minutia to continue?
Is it due to the cameras and public interest?
It's not as if ALL death penalty cases are handled this way, correct?
This one will be for the record books.

Oh, and there's the billable hours for the defense. :(

Now Alyce can utilize ancient psychoanalytic theory in which she's not trained, to make sense of a situation she did not see or experience.

I may be way off base, but had a friend who became a court reporter.

I think they (the lawyers) are trained to do that for them. To make sure the answer gets on record without any interference.

We may think that Mike (or whoever) is actually listening and COMPREHENDING every single word said.

Trust, that is NOT happening! My friend used to practice with us talking and watching tv...and having all sorts of things going on.

After she was done, she would actually read it back and then we would have a conversation. Because she really didn't know what we were talking about.

Former RPR (Registered Professional Reporter) here. I wish that were true! It's usually a matter of the judge you're working for. Most of the time, they look out for you and intervene when they think you're getting behind (because they're speaking over each other, too fast, etc.). You can always stop the proceedings and say something if that happens, but most people do everything possible to avoid that. This particular guy is actually one of the nationally-ranked speed writers, so he isn't going to have that kind of problem often. Some of the attorneys might be considerate enough to go to the extent of trying to be sure things get on the record cleanly, but others will actually try to ding you when you produce a transcript -- "Hey, there's something missing here." I think JW may just be posturing.

It is true that you do not always process the conversation actively, but it's not as though you go into a trance and aren't aware of what's being said. If you're concentrating really hard on staying on top speed-wise, you probably won't remember lots of detail about what was just said at times.

:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member