trial day 40: the defense continues its case in chief #118

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no clue what ALV is spewing out of her mouth. It makes no sense, doesn't add up, sounds like total BS:facepalm:

After watching daddy on HLN, I think he kept that 9mm by him when he does dialysis to keep Jodi from hurting him.

Again, everything ALV is saying about someone being an abuser all applies to JA - she is definitely the abuser.

When did JA sleep under the Christmas tree?

There was a gathering at Travis' house. Jodi showed up and in a room of 30 people introduced herself as his girlfriend when they had only gone on a few dates and were NOT official. In fact there was a girl there he had been seriously dating. Not sure exactly who.

Then she was told that people would be staying over, he gave two girls his bed, everyone else got bedrooms, couches and he slept in his office. Jodi refused to leave and instead slept UNDER his Christmas Tree.

That is the true story told by people who were there which is the story Jodi lied about when she claimed she slept on the floor next to him and when she tried to hold his hand he pulled away.

The girl who was really good friends with Travis, like brother status was there. She is the same girl who he helped when she drank a little too much. The story Jodi told about her having a heavy chest and having it up against Travis. Again that was a lie but Jodi was extremely jelous of her and cornered her in a bathroom and told her that Travis belonged to HER and would not let this girl leave until the girls' friend walked in thank goodness.

Hope that helps some, there are so many lies being brought to light with the true story they get kind of long winded.

"Fear of loss=more controlling behavior". No need to back up that claim with any studies or evidence. Alyce just knows.

Im just sickened...

Before I thought maybe ALV was duped, and therefore just completely inept. Her credibility is now gone as far as Im concerned.

ITA. As a woman, I am disgusted by this one-sided bias against men and Travis , the victim, in particular. I can't imagine what it's like for a guy to to hear this "stuff " .Juan better get the same leeway to represent Travis on cross!

So, Ms. ALV, let's assume this hypothetical:

There was actually no abuse in the relationship, your client was caught following her ex-boyfriend around on his dates, your client slashed the tires of Travis's car, then your client stole a gun, rented a car, borrowed 2 gas cans, bought a third, lied about returning it, drove to AZ, took off the license plates, turned off her phone, murdered her ex-boyfriend, cleaned up the scene, called the dead ex-boyfriend and invited him to the opera, made up at least two false stories about what happened, then lied to you about being abused about her ex-boyfriend.

Given all that, would that change your opinion about who was the abuser in the relationship?

I feel like I'm betraying Travis by listening to this bullcrap.

It's horrible to listen to but the family has to...so I feel like I'm betraying/abandoning them if I avoid it which believe me is the ONLY reason I'm subjecting myself to it now and this afternoon where I'm attending live. (blech)

Yup, just reading this thread lets me know that I cannot stomach her testimony. Can someone please PM me when this gets to Juan? I am seeing red and I'm not even watching it....good lord.

Well, ALV is correct in her assessment of Jodi but women like Jodi set themselves up for abuse. They do compromise their own values and "bottom line" - they are addicted to the relationship even though it's unhealthy. Just like an alcoholic. But it still doesn't justify the murder!

I think it ironic that the defense is using the term "BOTTOM" line.

Well...that "rage trigger" thing certainly describes Arias extremely well..

So, this expert is going on and on about how TA was abusive, a pedo, etc.

Her name is now <mod snip> Laviolette to me.

She's setting DeMarte up to be WRONG - of course, according to her. I'm certain they disagree, and she wants to be known as the one who is correct.
This entire testimony is disgusting.
ETA: Bsk - srry - lost your quote.

Travis was a strong guy. If he kicked JA in the ribs, he would have broken them.

Incident occurred on Jan 21st . . . JA spending time with TA . . . he had boxes out - he gave her something . . . she forgot to take object with her . . .drove away and came back . . .went up to his room and masturbating to pic of little boy . .. she freezes @ first . . . goes home - she throws up . . . calls from tA doesn't return them - goes to temple .

they have conversation later -he talks and she listens. . . she thinks about him as a little boy and his childhood . . . he tells her sex with women makes him feel more normal.

she goes back thinking about him as a child . . . .about empathy - he is privy and aware of what happened to him in childhood, feels for him as a child/little boy.

after conversation JA feels he needs help . . .. the next day she goesbck to his house - he wants to borrow $ from her . . . JA has no more money to loan - she has loaned $700 - they argued . . .. he throws her the floor . . . . he says that don't act like that hurts - he kicks her finger - her finger is broken . . . finger is crooked.. . . ALV didn't look @ her hand so she doesn't know .

TA leaves the room and goes somewhere other than where she goes . . . she is concerned - she is not scared according to the prosecution expert . . . . objection

made statements about not being scared . . . . I am not sure where he is going and I wonder if he is getting a weapon - that sounds like scared to ALV . .. . he comesback to the room and splints her finger.

ALV interview w/JM . . . . ALV said pictures were viewed on a computer . . . . JA never said pics were on a computer . . . ALV misspoke . . . .she is one of the few people who still does hard copies - young people do everything over the internet - that what she thought and misspoke.

not unusual - if you go to ER with an injury there is a mandatory report to the police - if they are injured from their partner the police are called .. .. not a lot of record of medical or police calls in DV cases. . . . when eople intend to stay together - they don't call - protective of the other - victims of either gender.

police reports - did JA notify LEO about broken finger? no she did not
people don't want to involve police . .. embarrassment and reputation protection . . . job hinges on police records. . . . . every state and county is different - there is generally a law but policy can differ from county to county.

TA is leader in community, priesthoodholder in temple, gives him a lot to lose - reputation and his job in PPL many people are Mormon . . . . victims of DV you do not want to destroy reputation of the other person.

he kicked her - she put her hand out and finger broken.

conflict tactic scale . . . . mild aggression to severe aggression . . mild acts - hitting, pushing, grabbing, restraining, . . .. . during the first incident between JA and TA . . . . mild act . . ALV doesn't feel this was a mild act - she differs from this scale.

severe acts . .. punching, choking, hair pulling, kicking, use weapon.

ALV disagree with mild acts of aggression . . .there is nothing about psychological abuse n the conflict scale. . .

in research asks have youever done anything . . . if say yes you are put in the aggressive group . . . no one asks why they did it . . . hit because self protection? fear? . . going thru stress . . .

add emotional/psychological abuse to mild acts . . . cause fear? . . . psychological abuse tears away your character . . . question own . . . .. mood of the relationship . . .. add physical abuse you add layers of fear . . . other kinds in the relationship.

he kicks her . . . escalation 3 months . . . . mild to more severe act of aggression . . . escalate intensity . . . relatively short period of time . . . 3 months . . . .her perspective as an expert 3 months not very long.

First incient and 2nd incident frequency . . . . kicking is severe on conflict tactic scale - intensity increasing . . . . prior to that emotional abuse going on.

starts subtle and most people don't realize it . . .starts name calling "*advertiser censored*" making that a joke . . . that alone supports abusive relationship? no . . ..

looking specifically @ JA and TA relationship and supportive messages from other women - you see a pattern of abuse - name calling, putting down of someone's values . . . . less long and less intense than TA and JA relationship.

escalate guilt coming from TA . . . he is just caught day before masturbating to pic of little boy . . . next day he asks money and he kicks her . . . . generally he would feel more guilty.

when person has guilt . . . . anytime you do soething to hurt partner physical, or psychological - you really feel guilty . . . Men will talk about how scared they are - worry about partner leaving . . . any aggressive act is eviencwe the victim has more reason to leave . .. fear goes up but guilt goes up to in the abusive person.

when someone feels guiltier - and look in person's eyes they have hurt - triggers more rage . . . . .fear makes someone more dangerous . .. fear of loss . .. human fear gets exaggerated in those relationship.

fear of loss - tends to be more controlling behaviors

JA starts to pull away from relationship - little bits . . . .contribute to TA's fear of loss.

Late Jan 2008 - characterize their relationship @ this time?
A domestically abusive relationship . . .. based upon everything we were just talking about.

I think we've all gone down the rabbit hole... Travis 'feared the loss of" Jodi? I don't think so...

Travis was NOT afraid JA would leave him. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese

For real. IF he was so scared why not get engaged and married? He didn't want her.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member