trial day 40: the defense continues its case in chief #118

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The defense isn't doing anyone any favors by dragging this out.

Ditto...this is worth reposting, in case anyone missed it:
Being unable to handle listening to the drivel coming from Ms Alyce for the past several days of trial, I decided to see what I could find online about her. Specifically, I wanted to see what her formal education has been.

Interesting. Very interesting. And easy to see where Juan will go.

Alyce has a 20 page CV posted online at her own website. It is obviously not professionally produced, since there are errors in the formatting of the document that one does not see in a professionally done CV.

Alyce's entire "Education" section consists of five (5) lines in her twenty (20) page CV. Her highest level of education was a Master's Degree obtained in 1980. Two of the five lines devoted to "Education" refer to licensing in California - which is not quite education, is it?

What I don't see listed is any Continuing Education. At all.

There are pages and pages of "media appearances". There are pages of "court consultations". And pages of seminars and conferences. In all of which Ms. Alyce seems to have been in the postion of "being the expert" or "being the teacher".

All of which is fine. But WHERE, I wonder, is there any indication whatsoever that this woman has formally updated her knowledge since obtaining that degree in 1980? Most of us in the professions attend conferences and continuing education presentations to learn from others. And we would list such on a CV under "Education" or "Continuing Education". I see no such listing on this 20 page document.

What I do see is what looks like someone who must really enjoy public speaking as an "domestic violence expert" and who speaks to just about any group that needs a public speaker for a meeting.

In this trial, this witness continues to use what is in my opinion inappropriate and unprofessional terminology and phrases. The "must be on crack" comment was so far from appropriate for a professional that it made me cringe. But I guess in a way it is good that she says such things, because it really, really undercuts her credibility.

I'll begin to watch again when Juan gets up. I think he has fertile ground for his cross examination skills with Alyce. And I don't think she is going to like it.

The ONLY sounds I hear are of the Peanuts Teacher...Whaaa, Whaaa, Whaa, Whaa...Wha. Whaaaa, Wha Wha. UGH! Make it STOP!!! This is just ridiculous!:pullhair::pullhair:

Okay Ms Wilmott, I can't wait to see you jumping up and down like a pogo stick when JM has your expert on cross.

That is the reason I hate her so deeply. She gets in all this hearsay and BS on her direct b/c she acts like a stupid bimbo who doesn't understand the rules. Giggle Giggle.

Then she won't shut her lipless mouth when Juan is working.:furious:

She was pulling away from him? :waitasec: Um, she went to his house and butchered him!

I just turned on the TV to find Arias sitting there looking like she's been chewing on razor blades and ALV still lying for her. Time to go do something else, this is a farce. I'm disgusted that this Judge lets this sham go on for so long.

I can't take hearing one mor word this "expert" has to say! All BS!
Going to just stop watching and do something productive on my only day off this week!

Hmm

How eerie.. They are immortalized forever just not the way it was intended or applied!

Quit pouting to hide your delight JA! YOU DID THIS REMEMBER???

She keeps saying things like, "I think we all would feel...yada, yada." But what if you're anti-social? Changes things a bit, right ALV?

ALV just said she needs to be "refreshed" and a vision of 'feminine spray' seared into my mind. AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

This trial has put HORRIBLE images in my mind and ruined a lot of things, including Little Red Riding Hood! :facepalm:

I really wish they would say alleged incident. None of this has been proven.

on 3/2/07 - there was a 3rd violent incident . . . objection hearsay X3
approach please

Wonder what will the DT have for lunch today? Testibaloney on wry? With grey poopon?

th

I have a solid black cat that looks just like the one in that gif, so it makes me LOL even more. He would probably do that when he's bored, too.

I wish my cats would do their own nails.

O/t, sorrrrrryyyyy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member