Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG!

:silly:

Watching the cross-examination...what happened to the DT & JA today that they are not color-coordinated???

They must have gotten the memo, that we were all talking about them dressing alike. LOL

She likes her some Snow White.. I must say (not saying it's bad, it's just what it is...)

Westwood, CA. ABIP Annual Conference. “My Family and Welcome to it: The Legacy of Domestic Violence”

Anaheim, CA. Orange County Domestic Violence Council’s Annual Conference. “Future-Shock: The Secondary Impact on Adults Raised in Abusive Families”

Las Vegas, NV. Safe nest’s Funders’ Luncheon. “Was Snow White a Battered Woman?”

Los Angeles, CA. ICAN Nexxus Conference. “Was Snow White a Battered Woman?”

San Diego, CA. IVAT International Conference. “Treatment Issues with Perpetrators of Intimate Partner Violence”; “Victims Becoming Victimizers?”

Long Beach, CA. ABIP: My Family and Welcome to it: The Legacy of Childhood in Abusive Families. “Snow White and Female Socialization”

Long Beach, CA. For the Child Circle of Friends Breakfast: “Snow White and the Wicked Witch: Healing Childhood Abuse”

San Jose, CA. California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists Annual Conference. “Snow White, Gender and Power”

She is not and has not been likeable. Unless you think a paid
liar, who trashes a vistim is likeable.

During one of the sidebars after JM started, she looked at a juror and gave a big smile. Looked like someone felt sorry for her or likes her. Idk

I dunno about any of you, but I think I'll watch the Disney version of Snow White tonight.

Yes... the sweet girl with the bad dad and the stepmother who did not protect her and the evil step sisters...

OH! and the mean cat!

Were Travis and his friends "dwarfs" NO!

I would watch it too.
I don't have it anymore :(

I dunno ... I'm much more concerned about Cinderella.

Nothing can top the princess in Rumplestiltskin whose dh orders her to spin a room full of straw into gold by morning or else. ALV tried to make Travis sound that evil today.

ALV has totally turned my view of this case 180 degrees. I'm not sure what the Jury is doing with her testimony, but if there is one woman who is familiar with domestic abuse on the panel, they are looking at a hung jury. More than one--murder two or less. And, JM isn't doing the prosecution any favors by using his one speed fits all on her--he is just looking boorish and annoying.

IMO

May I ask why her testimony turned your view?

He started off with the Snow White thing for three main reasons.

Number one, he was nearly out of time, and did not want to reveal any of his important line of questioning that is upcoming. He does not want them to prepare for anything this weekend.

Two, he wanted to spar with her to see how she does and to isolate her manner of defending herself. He got the chance to see her strategy--How she comments things like " are you mad at me Mr Martinez?" It was great that he got her to use that already---Before he really got into the meat of his cross.

And three, he was making an important point about her continuum, that it was based upon a myth. That she never met or interviewed Travis and yet she has placed him upon her continuum of abuse.

She had hundreds, maybe thousands, of pages of Travis own words--to Jodi, to other women, in video, in audio, in his own journals--probably much more valuable than actually interviewing him in person.

IMO

Mark on DD just said JM got lost in the weeds today and he needs to carefully craft his questions and be careful of just what he asks.....Go Mark, love that guy.

I love Mark too, but he is WRONG, imo.

There is no way that Juan was going to actually begin his SERIOUS cross today at 4 pm. WHY would he even attempt that?

The defense purposely left him a half an hour, in hopes of getting a glimpse of his line of questioning.

So instead of falling in their trap, he PURPOSELY forced the expert to discuss Snow White and place her into the Abuse Continuum. LOL

Juan was not stuck in the weeds, he dragged the DT out there on purpose. :dance:

Just my personal opinion regarding our expert witness, Miss ALV and her IMO ever growing more and more desperate need for signs of confirmation from some, any, all, or even one of the jurors that she is maintaining a connection with them..<--this need from ALV has been noticed by me for quite some time.. IMO without doubt I can see the desperation growing and increasing with the need to have something to make her feel soothed that she's "still got it"(ie.this connection with at the very least ONE OF THESE JURORS).. ALV IMO is becoming more and more uncertain and troubled at her losing this connection(whether real or merely deluding herself to believe) that she feels the need to maintain..

jmo, again but even in her most wishful and hopeful mind she absolutely knows that if there were ever a connection forged btwn herself and any/all/some/or even one of these jurors that it is rapidly fast fading in its existence..

if this [unusual paid person] were of even the most minute amount of care I would at this point in time be genuinely feeling sorry for her and the desperation that I am seeing ever present and only rapidly increasing throughout her testimony..but IMO I am strongly of the opinion that true victims are not at all this woman's priority therefor I am left feeling zero, nil, none, not even a tiny iota of sorrow, pain, or even embarrassment for her and her ever growing desperation that is only becoming more glaringly obvious.. in fact I am thoroughly happy that this is what IMO is happening right before my eyes, but much more importantly right before the eyes of each and every one of those 17 jurors that are left in place holding the ever important job of deciding this defendants fate..

Miss ALV while I personally have zero pity for that ever increasing uncomfortable position that I am watching you squirm in, I do however want to thank you for being so easily read, like say, a child's fairytale book for instance..It is your priceless look of desperation that is telling me all I need to know WRT the status of your much wanted connection that you so greatly desire and need to maintain..jmo, but that connection, if ever existing to begin with, is long since lost, broken, and NOT at all intact with nary a single one of those jurors..

this is jmo, tho and my personal view of the ever increasing desperation that exudes from our "expert" witness, Miss ALV..

ALV has totally turned my view of this case 180 degrees. I'm not sure what the Jury is doing with her testimony, but if there is one woman who is familiar with domestic abuse on the panel, they are looking at a hung jury. More than one--murder two or less. And, JM isn't doing the prosecution any favors by using his one speed fits all on her--he is just looking boorish and annoying.

IMO

If there is a woman on the jury who was a victim of abuse, then she is familar with the traits of an abuser. She will know Jodi displays thise traits.

I get from some of this Snow White stuff....she can NOT make a determination on abuse of Snow White and her Prince Charming because she doesn't know their relationship..

BUT

She can make one on JA and Travis when she murdered him therefore he can't speak to his side.

IMO

so you believe she was a "victim" then ?

http://www.daily49er.com/news/speaker-shares-insight-on-stopping-domestic-violence-1.2375056

ALV is not telling the truth, she does refer to Snow White, more than just a title.

Students discussed the ideas of gender they learned from fairy tales. In her work with domestic violence survivors, LaViolette said she asks women to go from "Snow White to the Wicked Witch," or to stop being timid and start speaking up for themselves.

"I look at Snow White and she was a very passive character, but she was also nice," she said. "She was almost nice enough to make you sick. Her whole life was about cleaning and singing."

But remember we can't bring in the abuse that Cinderella suffered as a child! Do you know the nature of the intimate relationship between Cinderella and Prince Charming? Have you interviewed these characters yourself AZWatcher?! :floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:ROFLMAO

Sorry if this was already mentioned but I'm a little behind in reading the posts. ALV says are you mad at me? Gallery laughs. Jodi laughs/smiles. Watch her study the jury. She is looking to see their reactions. Now watch her expression change. She is worried/terrified/angry. It was a really powerful moment for me to watch this. I wish I knew how the jury reacted to see if it matches what I think about her change in expression. Then watch her write vigorously in her notebook. She is writing a note to her attorneys as to who laughed/who didn't. (Ok, this is speculation on my part, but watch the video and tell me I'm wrong.)

I think Jodi realized today for the first time that this case is over.

ETA: this might have been when JW made the memory comment. I'll have to watch it again.

I love how Mr Martinez asked her. Alyce. About her conference's
On snow white being abused ans she states that she has no info
On Snow White as an adult with the king or prince or whatever

Those were her actual words.

She doesn't even know who Snow White hooked up with. T

Too funny

I lmao when I heard it in actual trial laughing more now that
It is on dr drew

One way I can see this whole SNOW WHITE exchange making a lot of sense is to say, well Sn Wh was a fairy tale, just like the story you told us about the abuse of JA was a fairy tale right ?right Ms LV?

IMO

If there is a woman on the jury who was a victim of abuse, then she is familar with the traits of an abuser. She will know Jodi displays these traits.

She had hundreds, maybe thousands, of pages of Travis own words--to Jodi, to other women, in video, in audio, in his own journals--probably much more valuable than actually interviewing him in person.

IMO

No. She took them ENTIRELY out of context.

She tried to say that he was talking about SUICIDE if Shantaya would not come visit him. Come on. That is BS. And she knows it.

I can take anyones journals and spin them any way I want to. Especially if I have my own crafted 'Abuse Continuum' to place them into.

May I ask why her testimony turned your view?

Because I have a lot of personal experience with domestic abuse, including losing a friend to it, and I know ALV knows what she is talking about, so I trust her judgment and believe her conclusions. She also is a great teacher--people should listen to her--what she says about the subject is true and clear as a bell.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member