trial day 42: the defense continues its case in chief #126

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes...

Yet, she believes all the nonsense written in Jodi's journals and not once did Jodi write that she was abused.

Not to mention that on June 10th, Jodi told verifiable lies in that very journal -- feigning ignorance on Travis's murder. Yeah, ALV, just cherry pick her journal, why don't ya?

I missed a whole lot. Went to get the cat. He looks hilarious. Half tail with hair and the rest is like a rat tail or extension cord looking thing. They had to amputate 2 inches. He doesn't seem bothered by it at all.

Juan is a breath of brisk, invigorating air. Today the only thing he has changed is his tone; he is not as loud. Everything else is the same, the style of his questions is precisely the same, ie: "that's not what the question is, do you understand what we're talking about here?" He is SO good.

One thing that was marvelous about his questioning of the previous expert, Dr. Fog, is that he started using the Dr.'s constant refrain of "30 years of experience" against him by the end of the cross. Very, very effectively.

He's starting to do the same thing to ALV and her "thousands of pages" of written material. I can't wait to watch the rest of the day and I think I might even watch it again on youtube once it's posted :D

Anyone else notice how quite and still the mit spec lady is today??

That's because I believe she had a reaming from the judge this mourning for her snickering when AVL was combative with Juan.
I think Willmont had a lashing about her silly laughing and smiling with AVL as well.
Lawyers should know better than to turn a murder trial into a free for all.

I thought that as well - can these women sue ALV? What right does she have to discuss their private conversations in open court - she could have easily used initials, and there was no need to even mention what personal medical information she chose to share.
As a 'pioneer' for women in vulnerable situations, she has little consciousness or concern for the women she's so carelessly speaking about.

BBM

She isn't getting paid by them so "who cares?" seems to be her feeling.

Sit down Wilmott, please. I know something about Keynote speakers. There is only one Keynote speaker, ever.

I disagree. For a national disease organization I am associated with, there are several keynote speakers. The board of directors and local officials welcome people at the first general session. At some point during the conference, there is a keynote speaker for a general session about research, followed by various workshops about research developments. At another, there's a keynote speaker for a general session about care, followed by workshops about care. Etc. There is no one introductory keynote speaker for the conference. These speakers who introduce major topics are referred to during the planning meetings as the keynote speakers, they are asked to be keynote speakers in communications from the organization. I am not sure if they are always referred to in the program as keynote speakers but that's what they are.

I think this is a trivial point that JM is going on about. If he could show that she padded her resume consistently, then sure point out this discrepancy, but making an issue of whether she was 'a' keynote speaker or 'the' keynote speaker seems silly to me.

What cracked me up was when she said " In the program it listed the breakout Keynotes..."

And Juan calmly said ' Let's see..." And then he pulled out the program from that conference in LA in 2010 and put it on the wall projector...and IMPEACHED HER...

I loved how she kept trying to justify it by saying ' ..but ..but they said I was the Keynote Breakout Group speaker..."

:floorlaugh:

Lying on your resume is not a little thing, it's a big deal, imo. You can loose your job over it.

I was under the impression that ALV was an experienced expert witness, but her performance on the stand doesn't speak to her having really done this very many times. At the very least, she should know to take her reading glasses to the witness stand because she has had to read many documents during her testimony. Similarly to Dr. Samuels, this expert witness seems ill-prepared for this important role in the trial. :moo:

And yet there have been a couple of TH attorneys on HLN who have worked with her and have high praise for her. :waitasec:

I said this last week, but it's a lot more evident today. ALV wants to know the conclusion he's gonna make before he asks the question.

Yeah, and it seems to be pissing her off that she can't figure it out. :giggle:

I hate HLN. I hate them, I hate them, I hate them. I hope they all get paper cuts! I hope they all step barefooted on one of their children's Legos! I hope their plastic lunch forks break off in their baked potatoes! I hope their soups dribbles onto their ties! I hope they pour full bowls of cereal only to realize their milk is expired! I hope they all get bad haircuts!
You just made me SMILE!

I said this last week, but it's a lot more evident today. ALV wants to know the conclusion he's gonna make before he asks the question.

I cracked up when she got all defensive and accused Juan of trying to trick her!

She wants us to believe she bought Jodi's sack of poo? If she actually does believe the crap she's spewing..
she reminds me of a dog I used to own that would fall for the fake ball throw every single time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I missed a whole lot. Went to get the cat. He looks hilarious. Half tail with hair and the rest is like a rat tail or extension cord looking thing. They had to amputate 2 inches. He doesn't seem bothered by it at all.

Let's come up with a penance for your son.

Surely, the collective masses can conjure up something on behalf of your poor cat.

:( hope they sent him home with pain meds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wendy Murphy, attorney, said last night that the courtroom is all theater. And the defense is using all the theatrics they can muster. But the prosecution has all the evidence and the confession and JM. So the defense is just dragging all this out. Even the glasses for Jodi was likely ALV's idea. And ALV forgetting to take her glasses with her on the stand? All an act. They are wasting the jury's time and the jury wll remember it.

While I totally agree with borndem, be forewarned someone will make you crave chocolate, make you hungry, want a drink, make you spit liquid at your computer, almost make you pp in your undies. But it's worth it.

Excuse me....do you know this just from the messages posted or have you spoken with each poster individually....especially confirming the undies position you took?

:great::great::great::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Let's come up with a penance for your son.

Surely, the collective masses can conjure up something on behalf of your poor cat.

I talked to him earlier. He didn't even know what had happened. The part of the tail that was on the floor, he thought was a squeaky toy. It did look like that. Cat didn't scream or anything, just ran around spastic like. Anyway, now I'm trying to catch up on HLN. Can anyone tell me in a short version how it ended before lunch?

Is anyone else having difficulty with the "Thanks" button? I am having to refresh the page every time I click on it, and it's getting frustrating :banghead: I keep falling behind but want to acknowledge excellent posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesaccasey