trial day 42: the defense continues its case in chief #127

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like bailiff just wandered up to Jodi to see what she was so busy doing at the defense table.

JA pulling a FKC move - playing paralegal and straightening papers to avoid leaving the courtroom

lol

I'd still like Juan's birth sign....want to look at his horoscope

My guess is that he is a VIRGO?

Has anyone noticed how many times Jodi writes something down and then erases it? At the rate of her corrections , wonder how long it took her to create those journals.

It is really annoying---like the rest of this trial isn't, right!

I think she is drawing and using the eraser as a smudger. I did it a lot in early art classes.

Just so I am clear here.

ALV stated she hasn't seen a pattern of lying by the throat slasher, even though she said less than 10 minutes ago, that she knew that the throat slasher lied multiple times after the murder.

Good grief. ALV must have fognesia in her alternate universe.

She admits a pattern of lying on Jodi's part would be 'upsetting'. Why would that upset a supposedly impartial 'advocate for all victims' who was hired to lend her expertise on domestic violence?

When your approach is basically "I've worked with DV victims and perpetrators, therefore I'm an expert" you don't have to have any real standards, that's for sure. Real professionals will consult with colleagues or treatment teams, etc. And 44 hours?? What on Earth did she need that much time for? This whole thing is so absurd. Hope the check is worth it.

This is a mess.

ALV is playing the role of 'Vinnie Barbarino' from "Welcome Back Kotter"

"What? Where? What? Duh. Ummm. I don't understand."

I hate to admit it but JM is not getting traction on his x-exam.

I don't beleive ALV beleived everything Jodi told her.
I believe ALV believed everything Jodi, Willmott and Nurmi told her.

We already know Nurmi went down the list of nearly everyone on the witness list for the state and blatantly lied to them about the "Ten Letters". I beleive this same thing happened with Dr. Sam.

The attorneys are not being honest with the experts they are putting on the stand. That and they are putting horrid experts on the stand to testify in the first place but it's Nurmi's job to watch for stuff like this. That is why he is getting paid MASSIVE dollars. 1.4 million for a defense which consists of paying people, throwing them in a room with Jodi and lying to everyone to get them to testify for their defense. THAT is how Nurmi spends tax dollars.

hate to say this, but I am going to anyway...

Isn't that what all defense attorneys do when they are putting forth a client's LIES???? You play dirty when everything is based on a defendants LIES.

Aren't 99% of defendants in court lying about their crimes? I mean really! They LIE to try to stay out of jail and NOT pay for their crimes!

His "overreaction", judged by words on a screen.

Sorry, maam, Jodi is a LIAR and Travis had her number. He was justified in his anger. If he overreacted which is just YOUR opinion, perhaps that has something to do with Jodi's stalking that he mentioned in that email earlier? Context is what matters, right?

I gotta leave guys . . .can someone keep up with pseudo-transcription for those who can't listen or watch?

Can someone please Edit Tags and show which posts they are so we can get a quick down and dirty synopsis?

I'm putting my post numbers in the tag section ( they may be a few numbers off due to MODS subsequently removing posts).

Thanks everyone!

I believe the defense did not provide full information to her but instead of still sticking with the bs why not take this as a pivotal moment. Go forth and sin no more ugh... blah

Ugh, the live feed keeps cutting out on me, so I'm missing stuff ... what is Martinez talking about, with this "second portion" of a text message? A portion she didn't, or did, send out?

If there's a succinct answer to this, I'd appreciate some help. Thanks!

Did it look like Juan was shooting daggers at Jodi during last sidebar
or was something going on over that way?

That was unbelievable. Make it stop. "I can't see any pattern of lying." I give up.

Can someone please tell me what proof she has of Travis' lies? If there are no lies wouldn't that make her a liar because she lied about Travis telling lies?

ALV considers him a liar in terms of chastity and his financial success. That was her testimony last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13